The new musician ponies

FredericHorseshoepin

Alright so apparently someone on the MLP wikia really disagrees with my additions to the wiki on the two new classical music background ponies. Those of you who have missed it you can see a picture here:

93415%20-%20Canterlot%20garden%20Harpo_Parish_Nadermane%20Niccolt%C3%B2_Pagamaneni%20Octavia%20party%20Strings_McGee%20Violet_Melody.png

Anyways for the male violin pony I thought up: Nicoltò Pagamaneni as a pun of the famous violinist: Niccolo Paganini and Violet Melody for the mare violinist. Apparently there's fans who want to name the stallion as another doctor? I highly disagree with that, don't we have enough "doctors" in the brony community? Anyone has any thoughts?

Honestly, I dislike it for much the same reason I dislike Frederic as a pony name (I'm sorry). Simply put, it's not a pony name. A good example is that we had a pony who was basically Anna Wintour. They didn't call her Anna Winpony, or anything like that, they called her Photo Finish. Don't get me wrong, your suggestion is very clever, but I just don't think ponies should have names like that. (inb4 "Diane Pie". Pinkie gets away with it 'cos she's Pinkie). My suggestion for his name is Dulcet Tones. I really like Violet Melody though. Much better than the current fan name of Violina.

And yeah, no more Doctors please. We have at least six ponies with Hourglass cutie marks :/

• Like 1

Honestly, I dislike it for much the same reason I dislike Frederic as a pony name (I'm sorry). Simply put, it's not a pony name. A good example is that we had a pony who was basically Anna Wintour. They didn't call her Anna Winpony, or anything like that, they called her Photo Finish. Don't get me wrong, your suggestion is very clever, but I just don't think ponies should have names like that. (inb4 "Diane Pie". Pinkie gets away with it 'cos she's Pinkie). My suggestion for his name is Dulcet Tones. I really like Violet Melody though. Much better than the current fan name of Violina.

And yeah, no more Doctors please. We have at least six ponies with Hourglass cutie marks :/

No I dont take offense to that. After all, I've always thought Frederic Horseshoepin was weird but I just went along with it. Pagamaneni is just a continuation of that but if the community doesn't like it then it's not a big deal. Oh... dont forget Harpo Parish Nadermane lol. I'm glad you atleast liked my suggestion of Violet Melody. Violina just sounds really off to me

I still havent figured out how these fan names become mainstream so whatever works

I think it comes from someone coming up with a creative name for the pony that fits and is easy to remember, and people start using it.

That doesn't even make sense, he doesn't have an hourglass cutie mark does he?

I agree that we do have enough doctors.

Yeah what gets me is that he doesn't even have an hourglass as a cutiemark. No more doctors. This crossover fad with Dr. Who is starting to get a little silly. Sure, let's have the multiple ponies with hourglass cutiemarks as "doctors" but let's not start that with ponies without an hourglass cutiemark. (BTW Diego, I saw your post on ponibooru =P I'm lizardfolk there)

Yeah what gets me is that he doesn't even have an hourglass as a cutiemark. No more doctors. This crossover fad with Dr. Who is starting to get a little silly. Sure, let's have the multiple ponies with hourglass cutiemarks as "doctors" but let's not start that with ponies without an hourglass cutiemark. (BTW Diego, I saw your post on ponibooru =P I'm lizardfolk there)

Heh, yeah I assumed that was you. I decided to post more or less the same thing just to make sure. Looking back, just saying "I hate it" with no explanation was rude of me (though not by Ponibooru standards of course :P).