Another "wonderful" day at work and possibly Christmas ruined for me

ShadowStorm88

Welp, this is a good one. Two weeks ago, the HR manager wasnt around to take my request since my sister is graduating college on the 15th, and Im supposed to spend Christmas in Arizona. So, I go to my manager instead and say "Sir, can you please tell the HR manager that I cant be here for the 15". He said he'd remember. Two weeks have passed, and Im on schdeule for workin for the 15th. I go to him for this, and he rudly brushse me off sayin hed see what he can do. I get peeved at this and clock out at 9:54, and he gets in my face; threatning to have me written up for clocking out at that time since im on till 10. Alot of people who work thier come in at times like 2:54 and leave at 8:54, gettin in thier entire shift and they dont get in trouble, yet im the one who gets yelled at? He screws me over, and has the nerve to get in my face?!

Cause of him, my boss might not be able to get a replacement for my work on the 15th since maintinetace is tight, so I might not be able to go and watch my sis graduate and spend christmas with my family. Hencthworth, my boss has possibly ruined my Christmas!!!

Wow...that rough, man... I'm really sorry to hear that <:c

My sisters boss has pulled similar events before, and now even has her working swing shifts (which is a new thing...that nobody else there does). I can't even imagine how bad that feels.

I really hope you can get around this and visit your family. And no matter what happens, you'll always have your fellow Bronies to try and keep your spirits up for the holidays!

That's a pain... However, don't let that "ruin" you're Christmas. I'm sure it could still be enjoyable even with that.

I remember, I think it was last year when I worked at a hardware store. Our boss (who is... well, she is loosing her mind... Memory for the most part) said we could be off work the entire week before Christmas, and on Christmas Eve, she called us up at about 2 in the afternoon wondering where we were. We told her that she said we could have the week, or at least Christmas Eve, off. She, not so surprisingly, replied with "who told 'em that?". So, we worked that day. I was kinda annoyed, but Christmas was still really fun.

So, what I mean is, don't let that get you down.

That's a pain... However, don't let that "ruin" you're Christmas.

I'm glad you got this in before me. You boiled two really important points into one sentence, and I couldn't have been so concise:

1) sometimes life sucks

2) don't give other people control of your happiness

Wow, even using bullet points, Z28 is a word shorter than I.

I gotta say love and tolerate, but my bosses already know that I'm a grown man and you are not gonna get in my face and try to make me do what you want and I will only speak calmly to them the first time they do it next time I just cuss them out and they learn to leave me the hay alone.