Windsong (FINAL)

Alan

name: Windsong

RP type: Mane rp

species: Unicorn

Magic Class: Beta with potential of Alpha, but is not there fully.

pelt color: soft blue

mane color and style: medium length blue for the mane (see picture i am having a hard time describing it) and a medium length straight blue tail

eye color: pure sunshine yellow eyes

cutie mark: a pan flute with a curve of wind around it with a few musical notes floating around it all.

physique: tall, but fit and sturdy.

origin: a small oasis town in Painted Pinto Desert is where he was born, but now lives in Canterlot

motivation: Make beautiful flutes and get music across the land. He also wants to help anyone in need.

likes: enjoys helping others, making flutes and creating music, and being an all around nice male pony.

dislikes: arrogant, rude, and disrespectful ponies.

character summary and Cutie Mark Story:

Windsong born in a small town in the Painted Pinto Desert and lived alone mostly since he didn't have parents. When he got old enough, he decided to enroll into the magic school in his town that was runned by a powerful magic using pony he looked up to due to his kindness. Over time he was intrigued by wind sorcery and decided to focus on that specific group of spells. One day the master of the school was going to choose an apprentice and would need to show off what they have learned by doing one thing with their magic. Since Windsong grew up near a stand that sold flutes, he decided to make a flute without using a carving knife and instead use his magic to manipulate the wind to be sharp enough to cut make a flute out of bamboo that no blade could ever do. The master was so impressed with the craftmanship and the sound of the flute that he made, Windsong was automatically chosen to be his apprentice and his cutie mark appeared on his right flank

After years of working and learning under the master, he decided to expand his horizon and leave his home town to travel across Equesteria. He traveled all over Equesteria and decided to settle down in Canterlot since this is where a lot of potential buisness could be. At first, his shop didn't get a lot of attention, but after a few weeks, his shop became very popular due to the high quality of the flutes and was a hit with the kids due to the whimsical way he makes his flutes. he gets a lot of high paying customers who want to buy his flutes for orchestras and for gifts. He has a unique signature style since a majority of the instruments he makes have a very old fashion mystical look to them. From time to time he makes a batch of instruments to put in a cart to take to other towns near the area to get some extra buisness done.

On his off time, Windsong rests in his house where he lives and still studies magic. He sits in a lounge like area playing with the same flute he made for his magic test and from time to time writes some musical scores that he plays for himself.

personality quirks:

Wind is rather nice and doesn't mind without hesitation with helping anyone in need of it. when he is super busy with his magic studies he tends to talk to himself and often say "note to self" when he messes up something or doesn't like how something is going. Secretly Windsong has a great singing voice and if you catch him at the right time you can hear him sing, but he doesn't like to show it off a lot. since he specializes in wind magic, sometimes when he sneezes he blows everything off his work tables and knocks things off shelves.

faults: Wingsong can be some what blunt and oblivious to certain things like if some female pony had a crush on him since he is very dedicated to his flute making. He can also forget planned hang out or events with his friends due to again, how busy he can get resulting in sometime coming off as a jerk when he doesn't mean to. Even though he is very talented, he also has a bit of an insecurity problem about him self and doesn't know how to fully react to some comments from time to time that are given to him. He enjoys helping everypony, but sometimes he feels like he needs to help everyone with everything or else he will feel useless.

post-1523-0-79933100-1323593283_thumb.pn

Please use the application form that is located here.

Also please change the title from rough draft to [WIP]

Only certified species can be app'd for you can find that list located here unless this is a Crossover character where everything goes then it is fine. If you wish to participate in the Mane RP then that will require you to stay within our guidelines which is located here

Now I know this application is a work in progress, but please take a look at these links to help me, help you make this character Mane RP ready!

i am looking at it! im sorry i dont mean to be rude, but be a little patient with my today, im a bit busy and these rules that i have to follow (i dont mind by the way) are jsut throwing a wrench into my original character for the main cast.

i apologize if im being blunt on what im screwing up here :(

If your original idea for a character isn't fitting in, then how about simply taking a moment to reconsider your options and making one that will fit better into the realms of whats accepted in the meantime, and work on your other original idea offsite until you find a way that works both for you and for the rules of the site! :smirk:

There's really no need to rush, since you're allowed all the time you need to get the application balanced JUST right for everypony!

um you guys said i need to reword rough draft to WIP but how do i do that i see edit post, but i dont see a button to edit the title

EDIT: i changed a few things up and hopefully it all works, but just tell me if you have any suggestions.

There's been no evidence that potions can bolster a unicorn's magic capacity like you've mentioned here, and the coincidence that he was mixing a potion that just happened to magically protect the students from the falling tower seems a little bit much and is rather Mary Sue. Being able to use his magic -and- whip up a potion so quickly isn't possible considering the amount of time it'd take. It's very unlikely that even a knowledgable potion-mixing pony could make such a potion so quickly. However, you could have him either being a unicorn who uses his gamma-class magic to study alchemy and learn to make different potions that do different things, or you could have him a regular unicorn who learns how to conserve his power or use it in such a way that allows him to reach a beta class level. However, if you do the latter, then his cutie mark wouldn't make any sense. In this way, the tower falling on the students isn't necessary. It's not always necessary to have a cataclysmic event be the trigger that causes a cutie mark, as we've seen some of them happen in rather normal circumstances and are still significant.

okay then let me think about it. i just thought since magic and potions go hand and hand it would be interesting, but i understand.

Just wondering, where in the show did it say or show that? So far I haven't seen it, personally. Maybe in other worlds they go together, but in Equestria potion making is not limited to just those that know magic.