Guide to "official" Magic in MLP?

Ashton

It would really depend on how the process itself works. Sounds like he can send objects of any size, but I would assume the larger the object, the more practice and effort and it would take. Although I would draw the line at living material (plants, creatures, etc) since it having to be burned, magical fire or not, would probably not survive the trip.

My go-to answer is any living object that is transported in any way except through normal means or a tunnel of some sort, dies. I'm planning to keep that. ;)

Some explanation on the weather thing has been given via canon!

Hearth's Warming Eve possible spoiler!

In the episode it was explained that ONLY Earth Ponies could grow food, Pegasi control weather, and Unicorns raise the sun/moon. So Pegasi being able to naturally manipulate weather is canon.

It could be said that their ability to manipulate weather has degraded over time, so it does not come easily to them anymore. With proper intense training they could gain back some of the prowess, hence the Wonderbolts forming clouds in their wake, but for mass-production of weather it requires a factory with efforts of many Pegasi.

It has been seen in the series though (I think) unicorns working on farms and growing things. However I'm going to agree on the pegasus Idea because it fits perfectly!

Just curious...but how would Spike not fall through the clouds that comprise everything in Cloudsdale? Only Pegasi have been shown to be able to interact with clouds as though they were solid objects. Twilight's spell was another option but was mentioned as being only temporary.

In Canon, all flying creatures can walk on clouds, magic or no. Gilda the Griffen could do it, and in may the best pet win, all the birds and insects were seen doing it.

(asuming you mean my story) I planted my flag in the ground after Sisterhooves social (that is to say I split my Fanon after that episiode, so any new information may-or-may-not apply such as Tank never appearing), so there was no way of knowing spike wouldn't have wings (and there is still some argument due to his growth in Secret of my Excess being very uneven and irregular because of magic) Thus I treated him as a dragon who's wings simply hadn't grown in, thus he could walk on clouds.

Here is my simple little theory on how magic works, its based upon friendship and knowledge.

Friendship kind of acts like the fuel for the spells while knowledge seem to serve the bases of magic, allowing one to preform more powerful spells.

That doesnt explain quite a bit of what Twilight does...

However...

That is a BEAUTIFUL explanation "for the foals"! it teaches them a moral and gives them some basic information! I'm going to be integrating that into my fanon as what foals learn in school about magic! Thanks ^_^

That doesnt explain quite a bit of what Twilight does...

However...

That is a BEAUTIFUL explanation "for the foals"! it teaches them a moral and gives them some basic information! I'm going to be integrating that into my fanon as what foals learn in school about magic! Thanks ^_^

What? Really? hee...well I didn't think it was all that great, but hey if you like it and think its a wonderful idea then I'm more then happy to help, I'll be using the same idea with my own fan fics.