Character needs a Talent...

Ashton

Ok, *technically* this is for a fanfic, but I might roleplay this character and I figured you RPers might be more helpful at brainstorming what the character's tallent is... (ironically has has a cutie mark already but...)

Name: Dunes

Species: Earth Pony

Home: Aridia (desert)

Color: Sandy brown

Cutie Mark: 3 sand dunes

Temperment: Easy going, kind, helpful

Relationships: currently caring for a mysterious slightly aggressive and arrogant mare who lost her memory... is developing into a full-blown relationship (if you want the full story, you'll just have to wait till I finish the fanfic! ;P lol)

Cothing: occasionally wears a sandy or white cloak/mask when out in the desert to keep sand out of his fur and various orifices

Despite all this, I have no idea what his tallent is! Obviously it has something to do with living in the desert and something to do with sand dunes, but... I'm at a bit of a loss...

Thoughts?

I actually first dismissed this as silly, then I remembered that Equestria is a world where you dig 10 random holes and at least 1 will be filled with Gems...

This would also explain why he can make a living in the desert where there is very little to do...

...though what kind of treasure is there in the desert? I know there's gold/Silver in some places but it's not been addressed how valuable these are/arent and how rare they are/arent (after all gemstones seem to be something like $25/1lbs bag --- just enough to keep a lot of people from frivolousness adding hundreds of them to everything they own)

Desert survival? Are there trade routes across the sands, oasises, sandworms? Are vast cities hidden beneath the shifting sands? Is there in short, a need for a pony who can navigate his way across the trackless dunes, find water and a three course meal under a rock and a patch of scrub brush, and speak fluent camel and dromedary?

Desert survival? Are there trade routes across the sands, oasises, sandworms? Are vast cities hidden beneath the shifting sands? Is there in short, a need for a pony who can navigate his way across the trackless dunes, find water and a three course meal under a rock and a patch of scrub brush, and speak fluent camel and dromedary?

Oh Gawd, sandworms... I wonder if such monsters exist in Equestria... *scribbles notes* Well in MY equestria they do! lol (thanks for the inspiration!)

I like it, I think it's a little expansive, but then again Dunes is sorta one of the main characters, so... (And an explanation for how he got it would be easy - he got lost in the dessert and found out he coudl survive untill he made his way back home!) It also gives him a job, he can be a Guide as well as a food/water scavenger! This is brilliant! THANK YOU!