Filly Dash Story - Overdone?

Ashton

I'm toying with a concept for a story and was wondering how many times it's been done so far (I don't want to just be the latest in a string of 'copy cat' stories even if I came up with my idea independently)

In Short: One of twilight's spells misfires and turns back time --- for Rainbow Dash. Dash find herself a filly again and has to cope until Twilight finds a reversal spell. But, it's not "coping" for Dash, she doesn't remember ever being an adult and the others decide for now the best thing is to treat her like a normal filly "just in case" twilight cant reverse it.

As a filly, Dash meets and befriends the CMC, which is rather awkward for Scootaloo, and also develops a crush on Pip.

When twilight finally does find a cure, Dash is forced to decide between staying a filly and being friends with the CMC (and more with Pip) or whether to 'grow up' and rejoin the Mane 6 and be 'more than friends' with... someone else...

While the concept of Twilight messing up a spell is VERY common**, I am not too sure on the use of turning a member back into a filly (I have seen it a few times, but not too often).

The plot overview seems interesting enough though. If executed well the story would be great, certainly something I would like to read.

** Try something else perhaps. A plant, potion, old artifact, exotic poison, etc. Maybe Zecora was experimenting with Poison Joke extract mixed with a revitalizing plant extract of which gets accidentally taken into Ponyville by a mistaken shipment to the store supplies (or something). Rainbow Dash happens to acquire it by some means and drinks it, thinking it is a juice / soda.

*Dash voice* OhMyGosh!OhMyGosh!OhMyGosh! I got feedback! I got Feedback! Strife, you are now best Brony! ;)

er... yes *clears throut* back on topic...

I like the idea of it being an accident with a potion Zecora brewed, perhaps Dash was going to pick up something for twilight (or even herself, I made a plot comment in one of my stories about Dash secretly visiting Zecora for a potion/salve for her wings when she pushes herself way too hard and strains them) and for some reason accidentally drinks a rejuvenation potion intended for an older pony/animal... which would also explain why there is no immediately-available counter-spell!

Thank you, I think I'm going to use this idea, it sets up a much more complex intro than I had planned! :D

A friend on another forum had an addition to this idea that I love - with how Applebloom loves to help Zecora, perhaps the filly accidentally mixed up the potions, which would explain why Dash got the wrong one (and would add another level to the story where AB would have to decide whether to come clean and admit she made a mistake, or let it slide and allow Zecora to think that SHE messed up (of course AB would make the right decision in the end, but it would be interesting to watch her squirm and worry that if she admitted it, Zecora would never let her help again!)