A question about how to go about this, mod input appreciated!

knight

Okay, I've been doing a lot of thinking here, and I've been wondering how exactly I would go about making a CELEBRITY pony. You know, one that EVERYPONY would know?

For example, Sapphire Shores is a known celebrity, and generally recognized throughout Equestria, the same goes for the Wonderbolts. Now, it's great that most ponies are seeking their future, but some ponies already are living theres. (it would only make sense. a world where everypony never achieves their goals, or is always stuck searching for their future doesn't...it just doesn't work.)

So, I want to make something similar. A celebrity pony...like....everyone in real life hears 'Britney Spears' and even if they're not fans, were not ever fans, will never be fans, they KNOW who you're talking about. The same can be said about Sapphire Shores or the Wonderbolts--but think about it. How on earth is it even POSSIBLE for there to only be so few celebrities? I mean, as far as the show goes there are three different types of celebs.

-The types like 'Hoity Toity' and 'Fancy Pants' rich, well known ponies, who are placed in high society.

-The Wonderbolts team

-Sapphire Shores (apparently, the one and only singer in Equestria? Yeah...right.)

Now, I for one, can guaranTEE that even with the basis in the time era and technology often suggested for this RP (which is something I disagree with...they have cranes. CRANES. to build buildings. and jackhammers. Non-gag items--OFF TOPIC, SORRY.) that they would still have the same similar celebrities such as Broadway stars, famous actors and actresses, famous fashion designers, famous super models, etc.

But the problem really comes in that creating this character...it is like...IMPOSSIBLE for the pony to just be 'known' all of a sudden by EVERYPONY in the RP. And there also would be an issue of like...the forbade pre-interaction with pre-existing characters in the RP, which would border on infringing needing permission from EVERY SINGLE PONY in the Rp! Which...is....well, nigh about impossible.

SOOOOO....thoughts? ideas? Suggestions? Wanna punch me and tell me to stfu?? Anything helps! :D

Answering two questions with one stone:

Cranes have been around for thousands of years, they're very simple. How they're built and designed has merely evolved. Jackhammers are a little more recent but not by a whole lot.

As for your primary question, all you have to do is make a pony that is a celebrity! The trick is keeping up with it. But you can't really assume you'll have a pony that everyone will know, because you know that just about nobody will. It's all about in how you roleplay it. You can introduce your pony, and make sure that when you roleplay them that you introduce them in such a way that everyone you're RPing with should know that this is a pony they would likely know. But as in our world, celebrities can often go unsung and unknown if the people in question don't follow whatever it is that makes that celebrity 'famous'.

But....if it were that simple, why would I be asking this? So I SAY that my pony is a celebrity, but what MAKES he/she a celebrity? Celebrities become well...celebrities...through popularity, right? Through becoming widely popular with a widespan of people. Which is why I found this to be a predicament. You see, even though there are pegasi, unicorns and earth ponies who aren't INTO flying or sports, they all know the Wonderbolts. Princess Celestia is famous because she's a queen. Where as fashion designer ponies and fancy celebs are more a Rarity-only type department, but because they were seen as canon, people now know them.

Gruh. I'm going to attempt this still, and I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up with a pony that nopony knows, but she is going to look stupid because she ASSUMES them to know her because she's famous. That's like...if someone walked up to Brad Pitt and was like...who...are you? IT just....doesn't happen. *sigh*

From across the topic, you hear the sounds of hushed excitement. A crowd gathers round to see... What? You can't quite make it out through all the ponies, but after a moment, they part for what look like... A smaller group of serious-looking stallions wearing dark sunglasses. That can't be the source of all this energy. Just who could be so important that they need such an entourage? Then you see her. Is that Dessa? It is! Famous star of the chat and forum! All but the most isolated of ponies could quote a few of her famous witticisms!

"THIS, my friend," she pauses to smile for photographs, "is how a CELEBRITY makes an entrance. You probably knew I was a celebrity before I even mentioned it. How couldn't you?"

• Like 1

Hmmm... If you want to make a Pony "everypony knows", you have to be at least popular with the board and the other RPers. For instance, I'll site an example. Bann who has a character called "Maximillian" is a rich business pony, but he wasn't known until he made his moves in the forums (The Equestrian Railroad Project, meeting up with the business ponies and griffons at Stalliongrad and his highly adventures with Brazil Nut). I'd say if you want to be "the pony everypony knows", do it through your RPing with the other Ponies in the forums.

Just a suggestion. ;)

• Like 1

From across the topic, you hear the sounds of hushed excitement. A crowd gathers round to see... What? You can't quite make it out through all the ponies, but after a moment, they part for what look like... A smaller group of serious-looking stallions wearing dark sunglasses. That can't be the source of all this energy. Just who could be so important that they need such an entourage? Then you see her. Is that Dessa? It is! Famous star of the chat and forum! All but the most isolated of ponies could quote a few of her famous witticisms!

"THIS, my friend," she pauses to smile for photographs, "is how a CELEBRITY makes an entrance. You probably knew I was a celebrity before I even mentioned it. How couldn't you?"

hand-point-up-2.jpg

(Sorry about the size of the hand, I couldn't help myself. XD)

• Like 1