So, I told my friend about MLP...

SkyMunki

She seemed kind of freaked out rather than teasing me, and she asked my other friend if it was weird, and she said no. Then she said she would ask my English teacher, so i followed for the Lols, and she said 'you're kidding...!' blank face... 'MLP is amazing!!' and me and my friends and my english teacher were totally laughing our heads off because my friend was like 'I'm surrounded by weirdos!!'

• Like 1

I'll never understand bronys need for making sure everyone knows they like MLP.

I dont think it's "all my friends must like MLP" but more "I cant hide that I like it" and "It's an awesome show, I'll share it to spread the awesome around" Some bronies are simply not as good as hiding it as others (for instance, anyone that looks at any of my devices will see an MLP wallpaper)

Also, if people know you like it, they might admit they like it too, and then you'll have somone else to discuss it with. It's no different to saying you like WoW/Skyrim/Zelda, or Fantasy books, or Anime, or Pizza. It's just that you are sharing your interests in hopes they overlap with the interests of your friends.

I'd been practising drawing ponies ain free lessons and she kept stealing my pictures and suggesting I liked it, in front of everyone, so i figured if I told her and asked her to keep it quiet, she'd understand.

Come to think of it, we were arguing over what age a filly was. She said she doesnt like it... but all the evidence points that way. She's seen the movies, the programme, knows the characters and the memes, but makes fun of it. A closet Brony??

She seemed kind of freaked out rather than teasing me, and she asked my other friend if it was weird, and she said no. Then she said she would ask my English teacher, so i followed for the Lols, and she said 'you're kidding...!' blank face... 'MLP is amazing!!' and me and my friends and my english teacher were totally laughing our heads off because my friend was like 'I'm surrounded by weirdos!!'

If I follow correctly (a big if), then your English teacher is awesome.

SNIFFLES

People are so judgemental when it comes to MLP!

In the words of Lauren Faust: "only the manliest of men"... or something. People get so uppity about the show, about the bright colours (its colours), prancing ponies and occasional song. There was an interesting thought proposed by someone about this, it was basically "People attack things that they perceive others to see as homosexual, as if they dont, they are indorsing it and therefore homosexual themselves"... or something to that (e/a)ffect.

My friend's are okay with it.

However,Some of them called me gay :-|

I have never been called "gay" for liking. My entire family knows (in my house, not relatives... Maybe they will now from my Facebook avatar... :blush: ), and they are just fine with it... Though they do occasionally pick on me... It is quite annoying.

Really, being called "gay" for liking it is just too far.

I have never been called "gay" for liking. My entire family knows (in my house, not relatives... Maybe they will now from my Facebook avatar... :blush: ), and they are just fine with it... Though they do occasionally pick on me... It is quite annoying.

Really, being called "gay" for liking it is just too far.

with kids/immature teens, gay just means weird or stupid. I've been called it lots, but I'm kind of weird anyways :)

with kids/immature teens, gay just means weird or stupid. I've been called it lots, but I'm kind of weird anyways :)

It does depend, however, on the person giving the insult/comment. Depends on intentions, joking or serious.

I salute you for doing so! I wish one day I'll have the courage to tell my friends about it.

Heh, I'm betting they would freak out, but they'll understand in time. :D

I have told... I think... One of my distant friends... As in I really don't know the person that well. She just liked Sweetie as a musician on FB, and I asked her if she liked it. She said she was trying to "expand her broniness". I told her I loved the show, and she was fine with it.