Trading Post "Scoundrel" [Final]

korok132

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria Mane RP

Name: Trading Post, goes by "Scoundrel"

Sex: Female

Age: Filly, bordering on Mare (relative to humans: about 17)

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Yellow, like a topaz

Coat Color: Steely gray

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Short, cinnabar mane and tail that are naturally straight

Physique: Rather thin and small

Cutie Mark: A closed brown coin pouch

Origin/Residence: Fillydelphia, currently in Stalliongrade

Motivation: Trying to get by and make some bits in the process, that's the Scoundrel way.

Likes: being anonymous, a good challenge, 'finding' bits, gambling

Dislikes: Authority, getting caught, cheating ("It takes away all the challenge, and then where's the fun?")

Character Summary: Trading Post's family was never particularly well-off, but they were happy. They had a roof over their heads, and food on their plates, so they could never really complain. Post's father ran a small street-side stand selling little crafts that her mother would make, usually little nick-knacks, things like picture frames, good luck charms, little things. Between her father trying to teach her how to be a good vendor (which she never really cared for) and her mother trying to get her to pick up a craft (ditto), she was left with a lot of free time, which was usually spent wandering the streets, looking for mischief. Nopony ever really gave much mind to the small foal, so she started to put her social invisibility to the test. She started with little practical jokes, like tying a bit to a string and leading some unsuspecting pony around the city until they caught on, or putting a "kick me" sign on their flank, which she usually got a kick out of. Her parents caught her a few times, but they usually just let Post off with a warning, threatening next time to ground her. All that did, however, was drive her to better, be more invisible. Post got bolder over time, not content with just little pranks anymore. She began to steal from other vendors, usually things that were displayed in bulk, like fruit or small baked goods. She got away with a few thefts, but when she returned home, her parents knew. This time, they did punish her, by sentencing her to be banished to her room for 1000 days! Actually, it was just a month of being grounded, but to this pony, that was too long. As before, all being 'grounded' did was make her want to steal more.

Sneaking out at night, Post began to not only steal from street vendors, but from other people too. Growing up poorish, she almost never steals from other poor folk, or at least those who look poor. In fact, sometimes she might give them some bits; she knew first hand going without a meal was not fun. Usually she only stole from those who looked like they could stand to lose a few bits; most obviously those wearing fancy clothes, such as suits or dresses, but they weren't her exclusive targets. She thought she heard someone refer to her as the new "Robin Hooves," stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, and she liked the idea, but she stole mostly just to get by and, more importantly, for fun. Post only really gave if she had some bits she could spare, which was rare. When she did steal, she only took bits; anything else might have some importance to the pony, and that would be terrible to lose something, like a good luck charm. She got away with pick-pocketing a lot more than her previous attempts at stealing from stores. That's not to say she didn't get caught every once in a while; she did get caught, but most of the time she could outrun the one she stole from, and if not outrun then at least she could hide from them. In a short time, Post had quite a bit of bits on her, and she decided to try her luck in gambling. Since she was still relatively young, and that they wouldn't let a filly in who still didn't have her cutie mark gamble, she acquired a brown cloak to hide her lack of a cutie mark and convinced the house to let her try her hooves at cards. After a thorough loss of most of her bits, Post had a niggling feeling that gambling wasn't for her, but that didn't stop her from trying.

A few months later, while once again losing bits she stole, she tried her hand at stealing from the same people she was losing her bits to. She was caught, and almost on the spot a fight ensued, with Post in the middle. After much confusion and luck, she managed to reach the door, bruised. The stallion she tried to rob shouted something along the lines of "Stop you scoundrel!" Post only heard bits of it, notably the "scoundrel" part, but needless to say, Post took off, with a realization as to who she is and a cutie mark to go with it. "I AM a scoundrel, aren't I? Lying, stealing, running, all scoundrel-y things. I like it." The angry patrons chase her, and somewhere along the lines the authorities were called and were also in pursuit of Post. Running as hard as she could, she escaped the city, with the clear indication that she wasn't going to be welcomed back soon. So she set off to other towns, stealing and gambling her way across the country, with no real goal in mind. Recently, she just made it to Stalliongrade, where she is currently looking for a place to crash.

There was a glitch with the tags, but that has since been corrected. I've taken the liberty of fixing the prefix for you while I was looking at the application.

Trading Post has quite the story! Stealing for the challenge and the thrill makes for an interesting dynamic above that of the usual avarice. However, at the moment that is all I can see in her summary. I always like to see more about a pony's psychology, a glimpse inside their heads as it were. It helps us as staffers evaluate the character's suitability for RP and also helps you as the player get an idea of what is important to the character, which in turn helps you play her well.

What makes Trading Post, Trading Post? Does she have any personal quirks? Any odd habits? Any specific thing she does or likes to do that gives her actions and choices a unique flair? Does she ever feel sorry for whom she steals from? Are there any ponies she targets specifically? These are not an exhaustive list of personality questions, but I hope they'll give you an idea of what we like to see.