Jobs for a Blank-Flank(open)

UnfairAdvantage

Blanca walked through the streets in Ponyville, alongside her new roommate, Turn Tables. "Are you sure I can FIND a job?" she asked. "I'm pretty sure these ponies would be afraid to have a blank-flank work in their shops. I'd assume that there'd be a desperation to get a cutie mark, such that the blank flank ends up destroying things...."

She sighed, knowing that she was more than likely right. Older fillies who didn't have a cutie mark by this point would usually go and try to do absolutely everything to get it.

Trotting down the small, yet pleasant looking roads of Ponyville, Acorn Seed was mumbling into himself. ''These.. wretched.. acorns..'' he complained, pulling forth a big cart, with hunderds of acorns lying ontop of it. He hadn't only harvested them all, but was now also supposed to carry them into town. The old stallion he was, he started having trouble doing so.

He was grunting almost the entire trip, and swearing to himself, with many ponies looking at him. He didn't care if he was old, as he was still capable of harvesting, pulling the cart, selling the acorns, and then pulling the cart back to his farm to repeat the entire progress! However, after having done the same thing over, and over again, he started to get really tired.

Currently, along with his frustrated grunts were small pants. He shook his head, and growled at himself, noticable to several other ponies along the path, however still not caring if they looked at him like he was mad. In some way, he was probably only getting mad over alot of things.

Blanca trotted up to Acorn Seed, her back leg casts making plastic-to-hard-ground noises. "Excuse me, sir, but may I help?" she asked. The old stallion seemed to be struggling with his work, and Blanca may not have had a lot of strength in her legs, but she would help anypony with anything if they looked like they needed it.

Turns was focused, well about as focused as usual. The pink DJ often did things erratically and compulsively. It was just the way he worked. As usual it just happened. It was a compulsive motive that he was out in the everfree forest when he was. Compulsive thoughts led him to her, and for some reason, decided to let her stay with him. So yes, compulsive was often a good way to describe Turns. “I’m sure anypony that needs your help will be glad to have it Blanca.”

''Hmphf.. me? Needing help?..'' he mumbled, snerking. He tought it through for a second, and grunted. ''You know what.. i do need a little assistance..'' he said, resisting the urge to raise an eyebrow. ''You can either help me pull this cart, or you just make sure no acorns fall off of it.'' he mumbled, with a nod.

He laughed shortly, and shook his head. ''Doesn't really matter what you do, as long as you do it good..'' he said firmly, nodding at Blanca.

Chuckling a little at seeing the young blank flank doing both things, he shook his head. ''Heh, no need to do both things, missy..'' he said, looking back at her from pulling the cart. He grunted again, and picked up the pace. ''Wasn't there.. some.. other pony with you? Or am i going to have to buy glasses or something?'' he mumbled.

He shook his head, and grunted. ''Why did you wanted to help me, anyhow? Do i look /that/ old?'' he said in a slightly annoyed tone.

Blanca looked around. She figured Turns had been following her. "Yes, my friend Turn Tables was with me a minute ago.... I think he'll catch up."

"Oh, no, sir. I just thought you looked like you needed a bit of help! I wouldn't be able to pull this cart alone, that's for sure! It's pretty full.... say, what's your name, sir?"

''Hah, Acorn Seed.. and trust me, i'm not as much of a sir as you think, missy.. how about yourself? You got a name?'' he asked, a slight grin on his face. He didn't want to be called Sir, but since the filly looked so young he let it slide. Sir just made him feel so old.. and he didn't want to feel so old.