Interview with MLP Songwriter Daniel Ingram

Hello everypony!

Most every brony out there has heard and fallen in love with the wonderful songs on MLP:FiM. You can thank Daniel Ingram for all his hard work! Equestria Daily has posted an interview they had with him:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/03/d ... rived.html

One thing that caught my eye was this:

17. Quick fun one: do you have a favorite song you've written for MLP? "All of them!" is an answer, but it's not too satisfying to hear, haha. If it's an as-yet-unaired song, got any hints so we can keep our ears open?

Well there are some really special things on the horizon. My favorite song for Season 1 hasn't aired yet, but you'll know it when you hear it because it's pretty epic. I recorded a 20-person choir in Bryan Adam's studio for this particular number, and every lead pony gets a solo. I also always liked the Laughter Song from the first episode, since that's what started it all. I actually play that one on my acoustic guitar from time to time and it makes for a pretty good unplugged version!

All I have to say ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!!!

What a great interview! He comes across as being really enthusiastic about the show and I think it's reflected in the songs. They show great complexity and a lot of care, you can tell he's not just going through the motions. Plus he uses the mandolin in his arrangements...yay!