Discord "Progress" with audeince participation?

Ashton

Ok This is an idea that I originally was going to do as a RP, but Tales suggested making into a fanfic instead, so keep in mind a lot of it's not fleshed out...

In short, Discord escapes from his imprisonment in secret and decides that, following his prior failure, he needs to learn about this world before he can take it over. Thus, he assumes the form of the Unicorn-pony "DC" ((D)is( C)ord) and proceeds to attempt to blend in while befriending the residents of ponyville. Also, fortunately for them, Discord also feels that nobody ELSE is allowed to destroy the world untill he has finished learning about it. Thus, while he is not exactly "reformed" he does goe from "complete monster" to "Noble Demon" status. Each chapter is about a new topic or pony that Discord learns about (like the well-known "Progress" series with Luna) and they will alternate randomly between serious and comical.

Now, here's the really fun part. Because this is such a wide-open story with so many million plot branches, I plan on posting each chapter with a poll asking YOU to reader, to decide what happens next! Maybe you think that Discord is being too obvious and needs to tone down his 'performance' before people realize he's not really a Pony, or perhaps you think that he should challenge Rainbow Dash to a race or Applejack to an Apple Bucking contest (And then should he cheat?) This is your chance to decide!

So, Is anyone interested in this story and social experiment?

Well so far it doesnt look like it's gonna be written, certainly not any time soon, since only 1 pony's shown any interest in it... I'm suprised, I thought discord was popular enough that people would be interested in a story like this...