Integrated chatbox.

Hello everypony! I've got a suggestion for you!

I can't put my finger on it, but I believe this forum is operating on vBulletin 4, or 3 at the earliest. vBulletin has the ability to have an integrated chatbox where you'd like it. And it can be enabled for guests, or members only. If I can remember the link, I'll postit. A forum i'm visiting now uses it, and it has custom fonts, colors, and you can put emoticons, images, and such. No need for IRC would be nice, though. It uses your default username, so all you do is log in, and it will appear. I suggest you do this!

~Dashie

Canterlot.com utilizes IP.Board, so whatever plugin you are thinking of will not work with our current configuration. Artax would have more information about chat modules and their feasibility, as he takes care of backend for the board.

Hello everypony! I've got a suggestion for you!

I can't put my finger on it, but I believe this forum is operating on vBulletin 4, or 3 at the earliest. vBulletin has the ability to have an integrated chatbox where you'd like it. And it can be enabled for guests, or members only. If I can remember the link, I'll postit. A forum i'm visiting now uses it, and it has custom fonts, colors, and you can put emoticons, images, and such. No need for IRC would be nice, though. It uses your default username, so all you do is log in, and it will appear. I suggest you do this!

~Dashie

Very much a pointless item.

We have a live chatroom already and... a forum where people can also post words and writings and all that stuff.

Another consideration is how far do visitors and guests want to have to scroll down to get to the content they want. Front page space is a premium and we try not to clutter it with too many 'widgets'.

As pointed out, we are most certainly not using vBulletin. Their support is absolutely dire.