Ponywalk: A Floral Tour of the Islands ( please ask for invite - more ponies welcome! )

Bramble Rose

Bramble gave a big grin to Glitzen Glamour. "Oh, yes. Very much so. It's why I'm collecting seeds! Start small - just a little greenhouse - and then just keep growing it. Everything starts with a seed, you know... even projects like that. I'm sure your fashion business started with a seed, too. :)"

Bramble joyfully pranced forward, a spring to his step, his mane and tail flouncing with his happiness. "Oooo, look over there! It's the Melliflora exhibit! It's the plants that make music, like Harmonizing Reeds or the Carolnut Trees!" He turned and pranced in another direction. "Oh, and look! They have a greenhouse dedicated to Flaming Fronds! Now *that's* a hothouse!"

Ha pranced over to a tree with low-hanging, purple heart-shaped fruits. "Oooo, a passionfruit tree! Don't get too close - the scent of the flowers has an intoxicating effect. And don't let the name fool you - it's the flowers, not the fruit, that are dangerous to eat - a single petal will make every joy of a pony flame into all-encompassing passion, wether turning friendship and respect into love, or turning a hobby into an intense obsession. Lasts about half a day!"

Bramble used his magic to create a small cutting to trim off of the lovely vines coverign the wall, and a flower laden with seeds to collect from the Passionfruit tree, tucking them into his bags in little bags, making certain never to actualy remove anything that had already been there before he'd arrived.

"Oooo, I don't know what to look at first! What do you want to see?"

Glitzen smiled at Bramble's enthusiasm, it was good to see that small stallion had such a big passion, "That's true dear, we all must start somewhere. Why when I was younger, my first job was giving manecuts for three bits. It wasn't easy, but it did pave the way to greater things! And helped me be where I am today." he said with a smile, it was a long road to where he was, but it was certainly well worth it. After all, he was going to be showing off his designs in a touring fashion show! That makes the long road even more worth it.

Following along the prancing pony, GG couldn't help but giggle at him, hopping to and fro, talking about plants that the fashion savvy stallion hadn't even heard of, let alone seen; but he politely nodded, listening to him, honestly trying to commit some of it to memory. If Bramble could listen to Glitzen ramble on about fabric and manestyles, he could listen to him ramble on about plants. As they stopped at a tree with a royal coloured fruit; listening to Bramble's description of it, Glitz made a mental note to avoid that like the PLAGUE, he already obsessed over his work, no telling what it could do after the fact, "Oh wherever you'd like Bramble. I couldn't tell lilacs from lilies." he said exaggerating a bit, but it was true, he didn't really know what made one plant different from another other than their smell.

• 2 weeks later...

Bramble Rose gave Glitzen an exasperated look. "Lilies are what I was delivering to you when we met! You specifically asked for them! Lilacs are ...." He paused, narrowed his eyes at glitzen, then smirked and laughed as he realized Glitzen was teasing him. "Oh, you."

With that, Bramble set in merrily - starting with the greenhouse full of musical plants, then moving on to other displays, giving Glitzen the guided tour - as much as Bramble could, referencing the plaques near each entrance and looking them up in his books. Sometimes he went off on tangents, forgetting Glitzen was even there, but for the most part, he just enjoyed the day, his first big vacation ever, sharing his passions with his best friend.