Pony bookbags

featherquill

I made this for a friend.

2lxw1zd.jpg

Close up of Fluttershy

2gubg5z.jpg

I got the image from one of the Dollar Tree coloring books.

I'm planning on making a Rainbow Dash one for myself, and I'm considering selling them if there's any interest, but right now it's just for fun.

I'm open to any critiques if anyone has something to say. I'm not a great artist, but this was fun to do.

I think it looks darling, and I love the design, though it looks a tish unfinished.

It might benefit from darkening the outline to give it some contrast -- I would use a darker pink for outlining her mane and tail, and a darker-shaded yellow for her body and for outlining her ear, body, face, and hooves. The bunny could be outlined with a light gray. Also try putting a little circle of white in her eyes or two to give them some reflectivity and depth.

I did a quick, rough doodle over the image so you can see what I'm talking about. Hope this helps! (I forgot the bunny too, oops!)

vSvt9.jpg

It might benefit from darkening the outline to give it some contrast -- I would use a darker pink for outlining her mane and tail, and a darker-shaded yellow for her body and for outlining her ear, body, face, and hooves. The bunny could be outlined with a light gray. Also try putting a little circle of white in her eyes or two to give them some reflectivity and depth.

The problem with that is that the darker shades aren't available to me. I have a limited budget and can't always find the right paint colors at my local craft store. It took a while just to find these colors.

I do agree about adding the spot of white on the pupil, I'll try that.

The problem with that is that the darker shades aren't available to me. I have a limited budget and can't always find the right paint colors at my local craft store. It took a while just to find these colors.

I do agree about adding the spot of white on the pupil, I'll try that.

Have you tried mixing the colors you have already? That might give you the color you need! :kissy:

Dark outlines might work, or you could go the other direction and not use dark lines at all and go for a level of simplicity.

That made it look like a giant blob, actually. That was my original plan.

I will do darker outlines if I ever get more money and can afford the paint, but otherwise I'm trying to find a good balance between totally outlined and weird blob shape.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a new one I'm working on.

vgtz5e.jpg

Still a work in progress (right now it's drying after washing off the chalk lines). I know I need to touch up the paint.

I do think that adding the bit of white on the pupil helped.

I'm not sure if I want to add in the detail lines at all. I'll definitely add some in for her eyelashes, but beyond that, it doesn't look as blobby as the first one did.

Anyone have an opinion?