[Diamond Dog] Tasha Howlite [FINAL]

Dunes

Roleplay Type: Mane

Name: Tasha Howlite

Sex: Female

Age: Adolescent - more than a little puppy, but not quite grown, either

Species: Diamond dog (pit bull sorta dog)

Eye Color: One blue, one reddish brown.

Coat Color: Brown

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: White muzzle with white eyebrows, white socks on her back paws. Ears were cropped as a puppy, one is slightly bitten. Has a snaggle-tooth.

Physique: Stocky, kinda chunky, but it's mostly muscle.

Origin/Residence: Diamond dog tunnel network, but also favors the mountains of eastern Equestria.

Motivation: To make ugly things pretty!

Likes: Pretty rocks, making art wherever she can, making (unintenionally terrible) jewelry, decorating clubs and mining implements (terribly), dressing up (which translates to putting on a vest of the most obnoxiously colorful fabric she can find), ponies (in the hopes one might actually play dress-up with her)

Dislikes: Fleas, thunder, being constantly surrounded by the color of dirt, being stuck in the tunnels

Short-but-Sweet Character Sum-Up: Simple, but sweet, girly-girl from a family who really doesn't understand the appeal.

Character Summary:

Tasha is, even by Diamond Dog standards, not the brightest crayon in the box.

Like the rest of her family, she loves finding and stockpiling gemstones, but she has next to no interest in their economic value. Despite her parents patiently explaining the connection between the gems leaving the cave, and the food and necessities coming back in, they're still just a pile of pretty rocks as far as she's concerned. Their value to her lies in making her surroundings more beautiful, and she has a fondness for making mosaics out of them. (Her parents eventually gave in and started setting aside the lesser-quality finds for her to use; they were tired of prying diamonds out of the tunnel walls every other day.)

Tasha treasures her time outside of the tunnel systems. She finds the cave dark, dull, and boring-looking, but loves seeing the bursts of color in the plants and sky outside. She also takes any opportunity she can to try to find a pony to talk to. Her family occasionally traded with merchant ponies, and Tasha was awestruck by how colorful and fancy some of those ponies were! Every Diamond Dog she had met all had the same basic coat colors: brown, grey, brown, black, brown, dusty white, brown... Yet here were creatures that came in bright blue, or purple, or green! She couldn't help but be fascinated, and desperately wants to meet another one.

Tasha spends most of her time making crafts, most recently and most enthusiastically for a Diamond Dog from a different tunnel system, named Bailey. She's seen and spoken to her all of once, and refuses to go back and say hello again, yet still devotes an inordinate amount of time to making things for her. Between her obsession with ponies, and the relentless lovelorn sighs, her family isn't sure what to do with her. Her parents are far more used to prying fighting puppies apart.

For all her frou-frou interests, she's still very much a diamond dog. She can arm wrestle with the best of them, tries to resolve conflicts with her teeth, and has all the social grace of a drunk rhinoceros, but her dream is still to be a refined artist like some of the fancy ponies she's seen.

Picture:

lovesickdd.png

-------------------------------------

((Heh, I am sure I can find a place to squeeze some actual dimension into her, but I've had the image of this character being an irritating, lovestruck teenage girl for a while now. I am frankly not sure where she came from. I'm not 100% on the names, but since the cast diamond dogs have classic "dog" names, I thought I'd go with names that it seems like everyone and their mother names their dogs. I can't even tell you how many Baileys, Tashas, and Rileys I've had to clean up after.))

EDIT: Nevermind on the final -- she does seem kind of dependent on a nonexistent character to be played as she is. Going to fiddle with her character some over the next couple days.

EDIT EDIT: Reworked.

I planned her as a standalone, but the more I think on it, the more I'm not entirely sure how well she'll work by herself as she is. I may re-mark this as WIP and kinda rework her as a froofy girly-girl who happens to have a major crush that she won't even go talk to. Hrm.

EDIT: Yeah, remarked her as WIP. I'd been thinking about that today anyway, so I'll fiddle with her description some.

Okedoke! Reworked and re-marked final. I think she'll work a lot better by herself now, and this should give me some opportunity to have her interact with ponies, whether said ponies are all that thrilled about having a stinky dog vying for their attention or not. :P

Alright, re-read this, and I feel that it is vastly improved with the revisions as now she is a more rounded character with multiple interests instead of the absolute single focus (which really would have limited her).

For Great Justice! :D

AppAssessed.png