MAGIC the Gathering

I was hoping I'd see a thread like this!

I've played for... well, I remember looking forward to Torment so around late 2000. I got my coaching in the game from a friend in exchange for me coaching him in chemistry. And not a moment went by where I didn't play Black. Post your decks, bronies! I've currently completed:

Mono-black Vampire Aggro

Mono-black Discard

Black/Green Saprolings

In the works currently are this bizarre Black/Red Madness/Hellbent nonsense that doesn't work and Mono-black Hatred.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi hi

I play a bit of magic every now and again, but I am an amateur compared to my friends with their infinite life, infinite turns, infinite damage decks, to say nothing of the deck that makes everyone trade the cards in play and in their hands around to other players randomly every turn.

hi hi

I play a bit of magic every now and again, but I am an amateur compared to my friends with their infinite life, infinite turns, infinite damage decks, to say nothing of the deck that makes everyone trade the cards in play and in their hands around to other players randomly every turn.

I believe I know that card and I think its called confusion in the ranks its a funny combo with one creature that when its the end of your turn it returns to controllers hand. I've faced someone that's done that in a multiplayer game and it was hilarious. XD

hi hi

If you don't mind buying a few cards online, there is a combo known as infinite squirrel you could impress them with.

hi hi

Confusion in the ranks is one of the cards in his "Chaos Deck," but there are others in there that do random effects that I don't remember what they all are, but I remember there was one that changed the color types of different spells around.

I've never played against infinite squirrels before, but I know someone who has that kind of a deck. (She loves squirrels, and its why she agreed to play magic I think.) ;)

Other annoyingly hard to beat decks involved the isochron scepter, darksteel forge, and a combo for infinite glacial chasm.

hi hi

Confusion in the ranks is one of the cards in his "Chaos Deck," but there are others in there that do random effects that I don't remember what they all are, but I remember there was one that changed the color types of different spells around.

I've never played against infinite squirrels before, but I know someone who has that kind of a deck. (She loves squirrels, and its why she agreed to play magic I think.) ;)

Other annoyingly hard to beat decks involved the isochron scepter, darksteel forge, and a combo for infinite glacial chasm.

InfiniteSquirrels.jpg

hi hi

I've never played against infinite squirrels before, but I know someone who has that kind of a deck. (She loves squirrels, and its why she agreed to play magic I think.) :P

InfiniteSquirrels.jpg

Alright, so tap, get a squirrel, tap the squirrel, untap land, tap land, get squirrel, tap squirrel, untap land, tap land, get squirrel, tap squirrel

STOP STOP JUST STOP THAT'S ENOUGH SQUIRRELS

hi hi

Thats how a lot of our games tended to end up. My friend's "Blue Counter Deck," was particularly notorious. It basically taps all your land so you can't do anything, then it gives the other player infinite extra turns while they shuffle cards back into their deck and you get decked yourself.

hi hi

Thats how a lot of our games tended to end up. My friend's "Blue Counter Deck," was particularly notorious. It basically taps all your land so you can't do anything, then it gives the other player infinite extra turns while they shuffle cards back into their deck and you get decked yourself.

One of those. I see, I see. There are ways around decks such as these, depending on what colors and play-styles you're comfortable with. Blue will use control right back. As will Black, but through different means. Discard, nasty and quick combos like Underworld Dreams + Howling Mine, etc etc. Also, Black offers a vicious type of aggro codenamed "Suicide Black", a personal favorite. Speaking of aggro, White and Red do the same. Obviously, Red also gets burn. Burn may be your quickest option to reduce Blue Control to ashes. For example:

RedDeckWins.jpg

Lastly, Green. Aside from swarming Elf tactics or pairing itself with Red, I'd advice against this unless there are some tricks I've forgotten.

Forgive me for that post, though. Both Blue, Counters and Milling rub my rhubarb the wrong way. I'd like to see you walk all over it. :twisted:

Ah, Magic. I haven't played in months, and haven't bought any cards since... Zendikar (or whatever it was called) and even then that was just two boosters I bought out of curiosity. Unfortunately I don't see any of the people I used to play with anymore, everyone having moved or lost interest in the game. I did try the M:tG game on Steam (PROTIP: Don't. It sucks).

Here's something fun though. A friend of mine made a BIG Zombies deck. about 200-300 zombie related cards that all players draw and play from. Shared deck and graveyards with loads of recursion makes for a fun game where people fight over who gets the best zombies :)

Also, look up vanguard cards for some extra wackiness.

Me and my friends designed ourselves as planeswalkers the other day.

We are the nerdiest of nerds.

You are not the only ones ¬_¬

Just found this thread, i've been playing since M10. I'm the typical blue/white control player, i counter everything you try and prevent any damage you do. I just bide my time until my finisher hits the field. (I used to play eldrazi, anypony who needs an emrakul, ask)

meddling_mage.jpg

Here ya go.

Just found this thread, i've been playing since M10. I'm the typical blue/white control player, i counter everything you try and prevent any damage you do. I just bide my time until my finisher hits the field. (I used to play eldrazi, anypony who needs an emrakul, ask)

meddling_mage.jpg

Here ya go.

OMG, that is PERFECT. You, sir, deserve a tip of my cap.

The final pieces of this deck have arrived and it is now in the testing phase. It is right now, as follows:

4 Carnophase

4 Black Knight

4 Dauthi Slayer

4 Nantuko Shade

4 Phyrexian Negator

4 Duress

4 Dark Ritual

4 Demonic Consultation

3 Hatred

2 Lurking Evil

2 Grasp of Darkness

1 Corrupt

4 Peat Bog

16 Swamps

It's Suicide Black at its finest, hopefully. Assuming things go according to plan, I can end things on turn 3. I'm not %100 on that last set of spells. I'll see how things play.

hi hi

Has anyone ever played an "emperor" style game? Where you've got two equal sized teams (usually three each) and the goal is to keep the emperor player alive.

We played a game like that -except you could only effect people to either your immediate right or left- but I forget what the exact ruleset is called. We did this when Mirrodin was the current set and everyone had Cloudposts. Needless to say, each Cloudpost was worth a LOT of mana.

• 2 weeks later...

Never played Emperor before. Sounds like fun. I've done Two-Headed Giant, which I guess is similar.

A variant my friends and I used to play was simply called Allies. You need exactly five players. Your allies are immediately to your left and right. Those sitting opposite you are your enemies. You win when both your enemies are defeated and lose when your allies are defeated. Creates a pretty nice diplomatic game where you basically have to decide who to fight and who to save. Getting your allies to stop fighting each other long enough to take down one or your opponents takes skill and is very rewarding.

And since we're talking about Magic, I just saw this and had to share:

11294%20-%20celestia%20fanfic%20luna%20magic_the_gathering.jpg

princesa_celestia_cutie_mark_by_rainygami-d3bks73.jpg

LAWLZ

• 1 month later...
NECROMANCY. Because a thread like this must live again and I saw nothing about necromancy in the rules.

I currently have some 35 decks built up, though only about ten I use with any regularity.

CRAZY COLLECTOR! I guess me collecting pony stuff is just as bad but still! 35 decks is a lot right?