Tech Support section.

Hey there.

Last night, I got hit with a great idea. A Tech support section, or "Subsection". People have technical problems, be it with their iPod, Computer, or even TV. I myself have in the past, but luckily I know how to fix it. Computers are my passion. so I could be of some help. I was thinking we could get the "Tech Support" subsection added under Chit Chat? Just an idea. If you're thinking that you could just post it in Chit chat, well, if many people have problems, you wouldn't want to sift through them to find normal threads, and vise versa.

Just an idea~

Fantastic idea. I'll help where possible. I'm fairly good at fixing things

Same here, I'd be happy to help if I can :)

There's nothing to help with...

As stated before, there's not enough demand. It's all very well having lots of people wanting to help, but there simply arn't any many/any people asking for technical help.

If that ever happens. We may entertain the idea.

Till then, there's no point replying further to this topic volunteering services.

There's nothing to help with...

As stated before, there's not enough demand. It's all very well having lots of people wanting to help, but there simply arn't any many/any people asking for technical help.

If that ever happens. We may entertain the idea.

Till then, there's no point replying further to this topic volunteering services.

Of course, but I was assuming the fact that some of the forum users may have tech problems, but whouldn't ask for help here, since it's not an obvious place to look for help ;)

Anyway, as you said enough was said about the subject :)

I'll kick things off:

I've got a 3+ year old dell inspiron laptop that was crappy when I bought it (it fulfilled a short term purpose admirably).

It is mostly sufficient for my very light usage, but I will replace it if I cannot fix this problem:

Firefox crashes it every time I open the browser. I then downloaded the most recent version of Firefox using IE, and successfully installed it, but it still crashes the whole computer each time. I'm not married to firefox, I like Chrome and Safari too, but the primary concern is that I have 100+ bookmarks on my firefox browser that I would prefer to not redo manually from memory.