tumblr_lv1vb894DL1qa5wdxo1_500.jpg

Name: (as stated in the topic title)

Ophelia Emesis

She prefers to be called Ophelia, no nicknames really

Sex:

female_symbol_icon.gif

so a Filly

Species: A Pegasus.

I know, I know. You're probably thinking.. but there is obviously a HORN on that head!

It's really just a dud. It's broken, useless, more like a cyst than a horn.

A deformation.

**Also, I will go back to this later in the bio.

Eye Color: A light, pale pink. Kind of similar to how an albino's eye may look, but not as deep red.

Coat Color: Seafoam green, with some darker speckles on her flank

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: The mane is a sort of magenta auburn.. hard to explain since I'm still deciding on the exact tone, but think of it as a brunette that is leaning more towards pink. (If that makes any sense @_@) It is also very big n fluffy! Think Jem & The Holograms.

Her snout is a light pink, and her hooves are the same color as her mane.

She also wears a lacey floral collar at all times. It has a loop and padlock on it for unknown reasons.

Physique: Smaller than the average filly, wobbly knees,

generally a bit beaten up looking. Her broken horn was already mentioned, her ears are also torn. They have a few holes, rips, and tears near the edges. Like a frayed rope!

Cutie Mark: None yet.

:-( Not only because I can't decide on one, but because I have grown towards the idea of her being a blank flank due to her clutziness and being such a space case.

Origin/Residence: She 'resides' in Cloudsdale, but only goes there to sleep, eat, etc. Otherwise she is almost always outside doing something, be it crashing into a tree or playing with a bunch of bugs somewhere in Everfree.

Occupation: She occasionally likes to sell brooches or necklaces she's made from the things found in Everfree, but other than that there is not much going on for Ophelia in this department. As for being a student... consider her a 'high school drop-out', if that exists in Equestria.

Motivation: This filly really enjoys observing others. I know it sounds weird, she just has a bit of a 'pony watching' kind of thing going on. This, and Entomology (the study of bugs, pretty much).

She also enjoys digging things up, whatever she finds usually ends up being quite interesting. However this makes for very dirty and often scuffed up hooves.

Bugs,

Everfree Forest,

Taking naps almost anywhere,

Medical paraphanelia,

Bruises/Cuts/Scars,

Occasionally dressing up

Dislikes: Bathing,

Feeling sick or dizzy,

Getting weird looks,

Tripping or falling in public,

School,

Darkness

tumblr_lvnq6v4CFs1qaeqkdo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1328451898&Signature=gwGxxlNs1LflSDwYvcQwsRG%2BXWI%3D

~~~~

(Character Summary)

History: Ophelia was born in Solstice Heights by a pegasus and a unicorn.. I'm sorry if this seems like a cliché, or not possible. I'll remove or change this if it's going against any character rules.

Her mother was a unicorn, and her father a pegasus. Her father was a traveling salesman of sorts, and was often away. Thus Ophelia was raised by her mom.

However this was an awkward childhood, considering her mom knew nothing about flying and could not teach Ophelia herself.

And so, as a foal, Ophelia learned by watching others and practicing in Everfree forest as to avoid teasing. She did learn eventually, but a lot later than most foals, and still hasn't quite mastered it. (Meaning that there is at least one instance of her crashing or spiraling down from the sky every week or so)

Parents: Her father was already kind of explained up there.

Her mother was a nurse turned florist. This is due to a level of squeamishness she just couldn't handle after a certain point.

Ophelia, however, lacks any feeling of disgust when it comes to anything medical.

Cutie Mark Story: Well considering she does not have one yet.. there is really not much to say here!

Flaws: Ophelia Emesis is full of flaws--not to say she is a complete mess up,

or that she lacks any positive attributes.. she's just a little behind, and has a lot to learn.

Her flying could be a bit more graceful.

She has a rather poor attention span, and even worse patience.

She fails to notice, however, that in tending to her wounds she is quite good.

But this would involve some form of pony medical school, I'm sure, and that frightens Ophelia.

Also...if you couldn't tell by her second name.. she gets nauseous quite easily, especially after flight. She is almost always oozing some sort of substance, be it blood, snot, or puke, there is something leaking out of this pony at all times.

**Back to Ophelia's little horn problem; as mentioned, it is in no way functional, never has been, never will be. Think of it like this...some humans are born with an extra arm, leg, sometimes an extra head. Now I wouldn't go as far to say this horn is like a siamese twin ... that would involve some sentience. But it's an extremity that could be removed and it would not affect her either way.

It started out as a rather ghastly nub, more flesh than horn. But as time went on during her years as a foal, it seemed to harden. The only problem was that it continued to do so to the point of frailty, and took on a brittle characteristic.

Now add clumsy flying into the equation.

At some point in her youth, a failed attempt at landing cracked off the majority of this 'dud', leaving about a third of it on her forehead, cracked, and even more useless.

However, due to the lack of finances in her family, and the nonchalance Ophelia carries about.. it's just stayed there, and will probably stay there until the rest of it cracks off, or someone forces her to remove it. She personally finds it charming, like a crown of sorts.

Personality: Easily distracted, "eccentric" in a sense, generally quiet..though she has her moments of abrupt loudness, a bit dense, very clutzy, a space case.. however, she *is* quite generous.

tumblr_lv21pyK63L1qhl280o1_500.png

~~~~

And that's about it for Ophelia Emesis~!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them.

And if I need to change anything please tell me.

Nice lookin' app you have here. :)

Well, based on the rules we saw in 'Baby Cakes' two earth ponies can give birth to a pegasus and a unicorn, so having her parents be a unicorn and a pegasus should be fine.

One thing I noticed while going over this app is that her broken horn and such aren't really explained in the history section. I think you may want to flesh that out in the app, since it's probably a big part of her character. One that note, I'm not sure that a pegasus who had a horn, even a broken one, is allowed in the Mane RP.

I'm not a helpstaff or anything, but those are just a few points that I think could help you make this application even better.

Yeah I probably need to figure out why the heck she has it in the first place.

It's just been such a key part to her design though, I'd really dislike having to remove it.

It'd be like ripping one of her hooves off or something haha.

But yeah, I think I'll provide some backstory to the reason behind it's...broken...ness. :unsure:

Can you please remove all colors from you Application, and also align your text to the left. Thank you. :)

Is this a Crossover character? You didn't put the Roleplay type, but it looks like this character has some things that won't fit in the Mane RP.

I'm about to sound really stupid, but I read all the rules and it's not like I'm purposefully being oblivious here. What exactly would the difference be? Are there more OCs in the mane roleplay type? Or crossover? And I would prefer the former, but if that's not possible I guess I can settle with whatever crossover is.

Yes, there are more characters in the Mane RP. It IS more popular than the Free Roleplay section. However, the Mane RP is located in the world of the show. That means that any character you make should be able to fit into an episode. The staff can help you make your character ready for the Mane RP, but that will mean making some changes. If you want to leave the character as is, you are free to use her in Crossover.

In Crossover, anything goes. You can have a robot pony, aliens, humans... ANYTHING goes. (Any type of character. The 'keep things all ages appropriate' rule still applies.)

There's no limit to the number of characters you can have... so if you want to use this one for Crossovers and make one more suitable for Mane RP (just so you don't have to change anything), that's totally cool.

You can check out the Free Roleplay section here.

You can check out the World of Equestria (Mane) RP here.

You can look at the Accepted Apps section here if you want to look over characters that have been accepted for the Mane RP and for Crossovers. You can hopefully get an idea of the differences between the characters.

Let me know what you decide. :)

If you're looking to go for Mane RP next time, I suggest looking over the Canterlot RP - Full OC Creation Guide/FAQ. There are several obvious things about your character that wouldn't pass for Mane RP, but, that's part of the reason we have Crossovers. :)

Here are a few things in particular that passed, although most of the Application was good.

Eyup:

• Broken horn
  • ”high school drop-out”
  • Entomologist pony
  • Child of two different types of pony (Heck, the Cakes are Earth ponies and gave birth to a Pegasus and a Unicorn. See also: Species Compatibility Chart.)

The major problem was with the character design. You already have three pics of her and seem pretty set on the look, so I recommended Crossovers for her. Her wings resemble those of a Flutterpony, and though you list her as a Pegasus, we only allow normal wings as seen in the show. Also, nopony can have wings and a horn except for Celestia and Luna... though you made it clear she can't perform magic and it's more of a tumor like thing, we've still never seen another pony with wings and a horn (although we allow fake prosthetics to be worn).

You can totally rework the character a bit and remove the pics and apply the updated character for Mane RP. Then you still have the original you can use, and one that will work in the Mane RP. Crossovers does have less activity, but that may be a good thing so that you can test the waters of RP, while working on a Mane RP character. :)

If you have any questions or would like help/advice, myself and the other staff are available through PM.

AppAssessed.png