Sup Bronies!

NuSun

Hi!

First time actually interacting with fellow bronies after getting tired of watching everyone socialize from the sidelines. Hopefully I won't find myself being ignored like in other forums I've been to, but everyone seems promising here ^^. Been living in southern Nevada my whole life but will leave on my own towards a university soon this summer. But until then, I only know a few people who watch the show but don't consider themselves bronies, so I've been dying to have a conversation with people who share the same interest as myself.

I began watching the show back in April of '11 where I watched episode one through 21 in about two days before I found out I had to wait every Saturday for new episodes! However, I didn't feel like a brony until October when I began watching season two and started following EqD posts daily. All of a sudden I had a favorite pony, a favorite episode, and a favorite BG pony. I began reading the comics, the fanfiction, and listened to the music (this may sound sad, but that's how I got into dubstep and other electronic genres of music outside of the metal that I love to listen to). This got me to realize that this fan community is probably the fastest growing group of fans in a long, long time that I became astounded from the sheer talent on display.

But best of all, the fan art I saw inspired me to really begin pursuing my hobby: Art, more specifically digital art. I've been wanting to pursue that years before MLP came out, I kept dreaming of being as good as the complex artists out there, but I just never found the time and needed devotion to keep going. But beginning this last December a couple months ago I began sketching, and up to this point I shocked myself when I made huge progress to the point of mentally declaring I was ready to purchase a graphics tablet. So I did about one week ago and I've been using this awesome device as a mouse ever since as training! Art is like therapy for me after a long day of being a full time student.

However, I put myself to the real test about two nights ago when I tried tracing over a scanned image of a sketch and found that transitioning is harder than I thought, especially since i tackled the project without a clue on how to use Photoshop CS5 to it's full capability. I don't know if the creative section of this forum would be a good place to get help and other tips as well as posting art? I'm a noob but I aspire to be good one day, so advice would mean a lot to me!

Good Celestia, I did not mean to spill out my identity like that! Well, I hope I can meet some cool people here.

Thanks for listening, aheh.

Hey!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot.com. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash: You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the site.

There's hopefully something for everypony around here! If you're looking to meet new Bronies, a good place to do that is the Chat Room & live roleplay. The Creativity section is the place for artists, musicians, and writers! Oh, and what kind of forum would this be without the MLP Discussion area, hmm?

If you're looking to Roleplay, check the Canterlot RP Rules and the Application Form. Unless you're going for the FiM Free-For-All section, then you don't need either of those things! :D But if you're going for Equestria Crossovers RP, you just need the Application Form, then you can make your crazy cool pony! The Equestria Mane RP, which is a really cool Roleplay area, requires you to read both the Canterlot RP Rules and the Application Form.

Wow, that's a lot of links! :o Feel free to explore the site yourself at your own pace, and let myself or one of the other staff know if you have any questions.

Welcome to Canterlot!

...All of a sudden I had a favorite pony, a favorite episode, and a favorite BG pony. ...

Welcome!

I would love to hear exactly which are your favorites.

Mine in those categories would be Fluttershy, Fallweather friends, and the Spa Ponies.

Greetings!

It seems to be a rather common occurrence of watching the episodes, then later becoming a brony. Hope you enjoy your time here, everypony is pleasant and interesting to be around. The art sections (to my rather limited knowledge) are a good place to ask for advice, as is most of the... uh... INTERNETS!

Twi (close second is RD), Bridle Gossip, lyra. probably...

Have fun!

Wow I got greeted in fast! Thanks everyone :)

Welcome!

I would love to hear exactly which are your favorites.

Mine in those categories would be Fluttershy, Fallweather friends, and the Spa Ponies.

Greetings!

It seems to be a rather common occurrence of watching the episodes, then later becoming a brony. Hope you enjoy your time here, everypony is pleasant and interesting to be around. The art sections (to my rather limited knowledge) are a good place to ask for advice, as is most of the... uh... INTERNETS!

Twi (close second is RD), Bridle Gossip, lyra. probably...

Have fun!

Fav Pony: Twi, with Pinkie at a very close second

Episode: Party of One

BG Pony: Vinyl Scratch (AKA DJ Pon3)

*hoof out* Welcome!

My Bronification started much the same - watched the first episode mid november (best time ever to watch it when I was in the middle of NaNoWriMo) and thought it was really cool. Fast forward a month and a half and I dove into the fandom and never looked back.

Everyone just seems so nice in it!

Anyhoo, welcome to this place of wonders!

Guest EoLPinkie

So many new artsy ponies! So many! It's oatmeal crazy and I love it! Yay! Weeeeeeeeeeelcome to Canterlot! :Pinkie: Look at all that information! I feel like I know thingies about you now! I bet there's more, but that's somewhere to start! Look at all the new pony friends you're making! Isn't it great? I hope we can be friends too! We can do all sorts of fun stuff that you like! Games, songs, baking, you name it! I am here for YOU, ready to shake my hoof thang! :D