Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

post-1791-0-96556000-1328579004_thumb.jp

Eye Color: Deep Blue

Coat Color: Jet Black and Alabaster White

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Jet Black, very well combed and smooth

Physique: Diminutive, even for a foal

Cutie Mark: Not yet obtained.

Origin/Residence: She was born while her family was in Canterlot for a visit in her Grandparent's mansion. She spent the first few years of her life in Canterlot, and now roams the wilds with her Clan. However, she looks forward to any stops they might make at towns great or small.

Occupation: Learning as much as she can from her mother, Rainsong

Motivation: Obtaining her Cutie Mark and finding out how ponies get to live when they stay in one place.

Likes: Snuggling, pretty things, especially bows and castles, fairy tales

Dislikes: too much dirt, mean ponies

Character Summary:

History: She was born during a visit to Rainsong's parents mansion in Canterlot. The birth was so taxing that both the Clan Midmare and the Chrysanthemum family physician prescribed a good long rest, even for a hardy mare such as her. And so Rainsquall spent the first four years of her life in the lap of noble luxury in the most aristocratic city in Equestria, while her mother recuperated and found that bearing twelve foals over the years was not as easy a feat as she previously had thought. The strain had caught up with her, but on the bright side, her new daughter lived the life she had growing up, staying in one place, and taking in a world of fashioned and exquisite beauty. Her parents taught her grandaughter about all the heroes of old and their wonderful adventures, and taught her how to take very good care of her mane and tail. When they finally went back out on the road, the poor foal missed the painted spires and castle walls, but was able to cope by recalling such tales and looking for the natural beauty in the world around her.

Parents: Rainsquall is tightly bound with all her family members, but is especially close to her parents and her older brother Clouddrum. She and her brother can often be found exploring the cities their family visits together, with the colt making sure that his ward does not get herself into too much trouble. When she asks, he tells her stories of great pony Philosophers of yesteryear, and the trials and tribulations of their time. She is, of course, her father's little foal, and he dotes on her as any devoted father might, so woe betide any that darken her brow, for she is the wee daughter of a warrior grim. She also has a special relationship with her mother, who teaches her the fairy tales that were told to her by her mother, and so on. She, of course, looks up to Rainsong as the model of what any mare should be.

Personality: She is a happy and adventurous little foal, still full of the rambunctious energy that she had as an infant. She has a great love for the fairy stories her grandparents told her, and hopes to be a part of a similar tale someday. She is tender-hearted and demure as a result, emulating both her mother and the princesses she heard so much about. She has a strong sense of justice, and while never interested in physically defending anyone, she will help sad ponies she bumps into while out exploring the towns of Equestria, or tell bullies to leave other alone.

Flaws: Rainsquall's occasional violent temper can make her hard to deal with when she finally reaches the boiling point, but other than that, her main weakness is her youthful naive spirit. It is not always wise to consider every gallant face to hide a gallant heart, but this is what her romantic outlook on life tends to lead her to think. At times, her desire to avoid overmuch dirt does keep her from helping her family as much as she should when it comes to chores.

Twelve kids?! Twelve?! That's... Twelve! Wow. That's a big family! Over how many years?!

Other than that,love the impeccably brushed and kept little warrior-kid. I can just *see* the sort of trouble she'd get into , picking fights with older foals. I want to see that impeccable coat and mane all dusted-up with leaves and branches...

My biggest question about this character, though, is that you keep making reference to 'the clan'. And you make faint mention of 'roaming the wilds'. I want to know more about this clan and roaming wilds?

Just click on any of the characters in the first colored line of my signature, and you'll find more and more information on her Clan with each application.

As for fights, well, she knows how, but probably wouldn't in most situations. It's only when her temper goes off that it's a problem.

Rainsquall seems to have everything in order: strengths, flaws, and quirks. I would initially have agreed with Bramble's assessment of making her application standalone, but having been around the other clan members long enough, I am willing to overlook this minor issue. Stamped.

AppAssessed.png