Would this recurring bit be allowed?

Eureka

For my OC Eureka... part of his character is that he's a constant idea generator, in search of an idea that would make him rich. I was thinking it could be kind of funny and almost ironic that he'd regularly have ideas for highly successful pre-existing inventions in our universe, e.g. a large network of record players that could deliver news and play music all at the same time... i.e. the radio in our universe. But his big character flaw is that something usually comes up that causes him to either forget it, or to think it's a silly idea and not pursue it further.

Personally, and keep in mind the staff may not agree, I'd think as long as it's not done too often and kept as a gimmic (with the record/radio idea - if he only thought of it while listening to a record while reading the newspaper) I'd think that would be fine, now if every post he's comming up with something new it would be very annoying (unless it's just a side note of "oh that gives me an idea! *scribble scribble*" - and even that if done too often would be annoying) In genneral repetition kills a joke.

Oh it wouldn't be done every post, goodness no. It'd be something that might pop up once and a while as a side note. It wouldn't be done ad nauseam at all. It'd also be done at relevant times. He wouldn't just be walking around town and suddenly come up with the idea for something random and bizzare. It'd be something relevant, like if he was doing some labor work on a farm, he'd come up with the idea for what would be a makeshift tractor that could be operated by one pony which could tow larger ploughs... meaning it'd get work done a lot faster, but then he'd trip on his face and immediately forget the idea, or somepony would call for him and he'd forget it naturally.

Then from my perspective, that would be fine, after all that's classic of a mad scientist (which is what your OC would likely be viewed as since most of these ideas would be viewed as "silly" or "downright insane" depending on the char/idea) though others may dissagree