(Canterlot) The Firestarter (Open)

Corsair

Bonfire was taken aback for a moment. He'd really only come out here to figure out what was causing the annoying sensation in his horn. Now he found himself teaching this filly about fire magic, and she was asking him to be her mentor.

Bonfire was no stranger to training other ponies. It was expected that a veteran of his rank would train new recruits to the REA. But that was the issue; the ponies he'd trained before had been soldiers. Fire Heart was just a kid, and his normal teaching style probably wouldn't go over very well. On the other hoof, he knew only too well what could happen if a gift like Fire Heart's got out of control. She needed someone to help her that realized the differences between fire magic and other unicorn magic. There were other pyrokinetic ponies in the city, but none that really knew well. (And the one he did know, he didn't trust.) He reluctantly made the decision to help teach the filly. That's when he noticed that the buzzing was gone...

"Ok, Fire Heart," Bonfire said to the filly, "I can help teach you. BUT, I can only help you when I'm off duty." He paused briefly, thinking of his duty schedule for the next week. "Come up to the palace on Wednesday, after your classes. Tell the guard at the gate that you need to see me. It will be safer to do this on the training grounds there."

"Oh thank you thank you thank you," Fire Heart squealed with delight at the thought of getting a mentor who knew spesifically about fire magic. Now she could learn basic magic at the university and fire magic from Bonfire. Suddenly her fire magic activated again due to her excitement. "Oops. Sorry. It'll die down eventually. But yeah, Wednesday is great. I don't have many classes on Wednesday. I'll be there. Oh this is so exciting!"

She then turned to Firework who was watching the conversation unfold. "Did youhear that Firework? I got a mentor to help with my fire magic!"

Bonfire signed inwardly as Fire Heart burst into flame again, this time simply from excitement. What was he getting himself into? "Just... Just don't get so excited you catch something on fire," he said to the filly. "We're going to have to work on your... outbursts."

Bonfire turned toward Firework. The young pegasus had shown so signs of fear at Fire Heart's abilities or her flaming aura. She'd need friends like that to help her through this. "Firework, if you can take Fire Heart back to the school, I need to return to the Palace," he told the colt.

Turning back to the smaller red unicorn, Bonfire told her, "I'll see you again Wednesday. Remember, just ask for me at the gate. The guards on duty will know where to find me." As he walked away he started thinking about what he might need for this. Buckets, lots of buckets...

((Bonfire Exits))

(OOC: Thanks Bonfire. You'll be seeing a new thread from me soon for the training session.)

"Thanks Bonfire," Fire Heart said still trying to calm her flames, "I'll be there Wednesday then."

Now that she had found a possible teacher with Bonfire, she could now devote her full attention to Firework. "Sorry about not talking too much to you. I wasn't ignoring you, but I guess I got wrapped up in the conversation. You wanted to go to the store to get supplies to build your fireworks, right? Do you still want to go?"

Fire Heart walked with Firework from the park area back to where they were intending to go before Bonfire arrived. As they walked Fire Heart had to contain her excitement of having a mentor so she didn't burst into flames.

Finally they got to the store caller Canterlot Surplus. Inside it was like a big hardware store. "I guess I'll follow you around Umbrella since you know where the things you need for the fireworks are. Just let me know when we get to the area where the explosive stuff is so I don't catch fire when we're there,ok?"