BerryLime Punch (Private QuickLime and Robbiku )

QuickLime

It was a few weeks after the uncomfortable incident at the bar QuickLime felt like she owed Berry an apology , and Hearts and Hooves Day sent like the right day to do so, she made her a card shaped like a heart, with purple, red, and green glitter making up a perfect Replica of Berry’s cutie mark! The card said “You are sweet as cherries and as tangy as a lemon, the perfect balance of sweet and sour, have a happy hearts and hooves day”

She was sorta embarrassed to deliver it, but picked a time where the bar seemed deserted at the moment…taking a breath she walked in making the tiny bell ring, “Here we go” She muttered as she moved to the counter and placed the envelope on the bar counter “Hey there Miss Punch, I just wanted to apologize for that awkward running out I did at your bar…”

Today had been a mixture of busy and quiet - ponies everywhere had been in a rush for juice and punch, but not one of them had really wanted to stay and drink in...not that Berry could blame any of them, it was that time of year where you should be out and about with a loved one, afterall.

However, this fact was also the one thing that had been on her mind all morning...she hadn't really been able to get out and make any attempts at socially making any real 'special somepony' on grounds that she had her bar and general fruits to look after...it wasn't like she'd had all that much time to simply go out there and find that one who might be right for her Hearts and Hooves day!

With a small frustrated sigh, she taps on the counter idly...days like Hearts and Hooves always seemed the slowest on ones own!

*DingDing...*

In her personal funk, Berry hadn't even seen the other pony enter...she immediately dusted herself off a little and gives her normal smile.

" OH, Well...hello there, uh, Miss Lime! " she says, keeping herself from projecting any of the Gloom she'd felt up until that moment..it wouldn't do for her to let any of her customers see her in a state that was so unbecoming of a responsible pony such as herself. " and how might you be today? "

“Hey there Miss Punch, I just wanted to apologize for that awkward running out I did at your bar…”

The reply came fairly uncertainly, and Berry immediately realised that this was likely to be quite an unusual situation...after all, she wasn't quite used to being forward in matters like this. In all honesty, Berry was taken aback by her attempt to make amends on something like that.

" Oh, No problem...Uh...at all! " She says, a little flustered at the mares apparent sincerity. " I mean, it's not often I get...well...somepony just ask me outright like that, and it was the middle of the day - I...really didn't know how to deal with it in front of so many customers! " - she shuffles a hoof awkwardly along the ground before her, trying to keep herself focused on the conversation and not the sudden feeling of embarrassment creeping over her.

" Heh, where are my manners - I suppose I really should offer you a drink or something... " Berry quickly adds, determined to just try not to let this conversation end in the pair of them saying nothing at all. " It's the least I can do for, uh, everything - Consider it a treat...on the house! "

Edited by Robikku Pegasus

"Oh that's really nice of you to offer, If it's not a bother I'd love another of those you made me before..the spiced drink" She offered with a smile "Oh I made you this" She added gently pushing the envelope over to her . "Either way it was really rude but It was the only time I had enough courage to ask..I'm normally not very confident with speaking to others" QuickLime lifted her head up to have some of her spiked hair slip out of the way so she could see a little bit better.

"Though yeah it did put you on the spot, and for that I apologize" She still found the berry pony gorgious and so interesting, running her own buisness while tending to a young foal to boot,Berry was an inspiration, and so pretty, and so smart...and probably way out of the tall green pony's Leage....

Berry couldn't help but blush a little at the sight of the envelope being slid towards her - there really wasn't any doubt as to what the contents of it could be and that in itself solicits a small giggle from the violet-shaded mare as she looks over at Quicklime. " Oh - For me? Aww, you shouldn't have! "

Pausing for a moment to get herself back under a little more composure, Berry nodded and turned towards the kitchen quickly - since Quick had asked her for the spiced drink from earlier on, she wanted to get onto that quickly before any more discussion could take place. She couldn't help but grin a little as she makes up the drink, already trying to think of just what she should say or do in this situation. It just felt so unexpected and she was taken aback at the whole thing!

" well... " She speaks as she continues making up the drink order from the kitchen. " it's okay - to tell you the truth, I'm very flattered...I haven't really had time to go looking for, uh, company as of late. To tell the truth, I've just had to focus on this place an' Ruby's school stuff. "

Finishing up the concoction, she pours it into a glass and makes her way back into the main bar area, gesturing over towards where ponies might sit down and relax as she comes around from behind the bar - placing the glass down for Quicklime to take it.

" I appreciate at least having somepony showing their interest...it's nice t'know that I can draw someponies attention, heh heh. "

“I don’t see why Somepony wouldn’t show interest Miss Punch’ She said taking a sip of the delicious drink “Mhmm.. it’s PERFECT” She said a smile coming to her face as she looked at the other mare over her glasses “..Um I mean you are really smart, you are a single mother that takes care of her filly AND runs her own business, you make all your own drinks fresh and their delicious…I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t want to snatch that up “ She chuckled before sighing.

“Well I hope you like the card, I’m kinda skilled with glitter images, but don’t TELL anypony that okay” She chuckled “I need to keep up my hard as diamond exterior ya know? Prevents them from cutting you down or getting under your skin.” A hoof moved to push her glasses up “Um.. so you have a kid huh? What’s she like?”

As if on cue, that particular little marshmallow entered! She wasn't spending Hearts and Hooves day by herself at the Vineyard! No ma'am!

Putting her from hooves on the heavy bar door, she pushed it open! But she may have pushed a little too hard, the little pink filly somersaulting inside from her own forward motion. After a swirly-eyed moment, she got herself back up on her hooves and ran up to the bar, waving her hoof in an excited... well, wave! "Hi mommy! Hi lady! Happy Hearts and Hooves day!!" she happily exclaimed. It was a lovely holiday! The day before in school all the little foals got to make cards for each other and exchange candy and just have a fun day in general with all their friends.

Put what was this? She DID greet a lady... Who was this lady? Another customer? A friend? She thought she knew all of mommy's friends! Tilting her head inquisitively, she decided she wanted in on whatever it was they were talking about.

Berry gives a warm smile to the little filly who'd just made her entrance, trotting out from behind the bar to wave her daughter over with a hoof.

" Hey honey - welcome back...mommy has, uh, a special friend here! " she says with a chuckle - Ruby was very much her only real pride and joy in Ponyville other than her bar, and anytime they could spend time together just...doing stuff and having fun was fine by her.

" I was just about to talk about you too - come over here an' introduce yourself to miss Quicklime, who stopped by to give me a Hearts and Hooves day card! "

she places her hoof on the card and chuckles a little, giving her adorable little foal a playful wink, just glad to see the filly so perky on a day like this.

" How was your day at school, hun? Did any cute ponies givin' you a card? "

Something told the violet pony that today could turn out to be just the breath of fresh air that she might have needed for a good while...if she played her cards right.

QuickLime felt her face go scarlet as a small filly entered, she could feel her lungs temporarily not function as the filly stared at them with bright inquisitive eyes that pierced her very soul! She took a tentive swallow of her drink before offering Ruby a small smile "Yes..that's right we're special friends..."

She wanted to be more than just friends, she really hoped Berry was not bucking her into the friend zone! The friend zone sucked major plumb pits!

Ruby could only smile brightly. Brighter than anything, brighter than the sun! Brighter than two suns!

No, not really, but she did seem really happy. Why? Well she didn't really know what she meant by special friend, but she knew that regular friends were awesome as it were... So a special friend must be even better! She was happy that her mother had one of these kinds of friends! "Wow! I hope I have a special friend someday, mommy!" She immediately made her way over to her mother's special friend and attached herself to her front leg, giving her a hug. Hey, it's hearts and hooves day. It practically translates into Free Hugs Day. "Hi Miss Quicklime! I'm Ruby Pinch, but everypony calls me Pinchy!"

Of course, when asked if she got any cards she just started blushing and getting lost in a gigglefit, trying to cover her cheeks with her hooves. "Maaaybee~" After a moment of just melting into an adorable ball of bashfulness, she shared! "I got three! And candy! I got two secret cards in my box and one given to me in class! I think one of the secret ones is from Snails, cuz they misspelled 'Hearts' in Hearts and Hooves Day, but I dunno for sure!"

Berry couldn't help but give a small giggle when ruby clung to quicks leg...she was a mischief at the best of times, and Berry was just delighted to see that she'd taken such an immediate shine to Quicklime. Then again, the one thing the Barmare knew was that her daughter could just be the most adorably silly bundle of fluff - her shining and bubbly enthusiasm for any challenge ahead really made Berry all the more proud of the young filly.

"Sounds like you had a good day then! " she says, chuckling a little as she watched the pair. " We'll put your cards up on the table at home, I'd love to see 'em - I'll even show you mine!"

For a moment, Berry looks over at Quicklime with a small chuckle - she could see that the mare was looking a little pensive...nervous even. she thought about what best to do in this situation, and came to the ultimate decision that perhaps it wouldn't be too bad an idea to throw quick a subtle hint about the situation, and how she felt about the day so far.

" Hey...you know what would be a fun idea? Perhaps we should all go out someplace later, once I've closed up! " Berry says with a small smile as she looks between the two.

" Just us three - some ice cream or dinner, maybe even go to the park or something...the weather seems nice enough - we should enjoy what's left of hearts and hooves together! "

The purple mare glances towards quicklime with a small wink. " That is, if you're not busy...I'd love to spend some time with my 'special friend', afterall! "

"R...really?" She glanced at Berry with a hope filled expression.. "Dinner..and a walk in the park sounds wonderful.." it really did and it meant that Berry wasn't totally disgusted with her clumsy boorish mannerisms! There was possibly a chance for something here! Glancing down at Ruby she tentatively ruffled the small filly's mane with her hoof and smiled "What do you say Pinchy? doesn't that sound like a good time?"

The kid was adorable and seemed pretty sharp, so long as she wasn't...too terribly terribly clingly then Lime would be just fine! "I'd love to help you clean up" She offered, since it was a nice thing to do and would help them get out of there even faster !

Ruby giggled at having her mane ruffled up, and she seemed to be rejuvenated, filled with energy (as if she wasn't before) at the voicing of their plans for the day. Park? Dinner?! ICE CREAM?! "YesyesyesyesyesyesYES!" the little filly bounced up and down on her seat, so very excited was she! One of her hooves slipping, the little thing probably would've fallen to the floor if she didn't catch herself just in time. Phew! But this near fiasco didn't seem to change her attitude one bit!

She gets to spend Hearts and Hooves day with her Mom and her Special Friend! She was beyond happy. Of course, she had the same mindset QuickLime did. "Can I help too?! Can I Can I Can I?!"

As for not being clingy and huggy and lovey...

Nopony could ever make that promise about Pinchy.

Berry giggled a little at the enthusiasm of both ponies - she had to admit it was a little strange for her to have had all of this just fall in her lap, but since she couldn't argue that miss Quicklime was pretty cute - heck, she had even been so willing to put her heart out in such a way that nopony else had ever done for her before - and now that Ruby was clearly excited by the whole prospect, she couldn't exactly just turn around and not go all out with this!

" Fine, I think it'll probably do us all some good to have a nice evening like that anyhow! " She says with a smile.

" Once I'm done here, we go an' have ourselves a relaxing evening...me, Pinchy and You will all head out and have ourselves a pleasent night - just the three of us. "

As far as an impromptu date idea went, it was a pretty good one, and one that Berry was looking forward to at least giving a shot!

" Now, you two can run along to sugarcube corner and pick up each of us a l'il something to eat...how about some muffins or somethin'? " Berry says, tossing a small bag of bits at Pinchy's direction - she usually sent Ruby to the shop about this time, seeing as the bakery was just within eye distance and she could keep her eye on her properly - and Quicklime seemed as though she could be relied on to keep an eye on the rambunctious rascal of a filly.

" Meet me at the park when you've done that! " She says with a small grin on her muzzle - she might as well make the best of what was going on anyway.

" I'll close up for half an hour or so and we can go relax for a little bit...I just have to finish cleaning up around here first and shall meet you there once that's done! "

• 3 weeks later...

Oh Celestia... she was going to send her to the store alone with a FOAL!? Didn't she know that things could go wrong!? Horribly HORRIBLY WRONG!? She shook her head to clear it and offered Miss Punch a small smile "Yes Muffins sound good to me um..come on Ruby" QuickLime said as she headed for the door, ducking under it slightly because doorways were NOT made for tall lanky ponies like herself.

Her mind was racing, they were going to eat at the park! It was almost a date..almost.. because Ruby Pinch was coming...but QuickLime found herself NOT minding the others presence..something about the cute way Ruby's eyes sparkled with mischief , the way she bounced so adorably...

Dang it she was going SOFT.

"Okay, Miss Quicklime!" she responded excitedly, bouncing at the mare's side with joy as they went to the store the foal was all too familiar with, what with it being so close to her mother's bar. But now the door! Ruby didn't have to duck! Cuz she was vertically challenged (lolshort). But hey, she's a filly, it's not entirely her fault she wasn't aging faster. Though she was slightly in awe at the other mare's height.

While in the store, Pinchy knew to be on her bestest, best behavior! Afterall, this was mommy's special friend! She didn't want to upset mommy's special friend! Celestia knows what vile, wicked retribution would await her if the filly managed to embarrass of upset miss Quicklime! Mommy might even make her... *ulp*...

Mow the lawn.

She shuddered at the thought. That little push mower was miserable! Sometimes she didn't push hard enough and the blades just got tangled in the grass!

Forcing such horrid, scarring thoughts aside, she stayed close to Miss Quicklime to get those muffins! "So what kind of Muffins do you like, Miss Quicklime?" Really Ruby? Of all the awkward questions you could suddenly blindside her with now that you two are away from Berry, you choose to ask what kind of muffins she likes?

Perhaps it's Pinchy who's going soft!

(In the head maybe)

"Hnn? Oh I like blueberry muffins " She offered the small foal, shifting softly and folded her wings tightly as she shifted uncomfortably from the awkwardness of walking with a foal..the bakery wasnt that far of a walk and it made her a little less uncomfortable knowing they were nearly there and soon the awkwardness would be dissolved with the smell of delicious delicious muffins! "..What about you?"

Blueberry! Blueberry was good, but Ruby was a sucker for chocolate. "I like the chocolate muffins with chocolate chips in em! Mommy doesn't like me eating those too much though, cuz she says they're bad for me, so I like regular chocolate chip too!" Chocolate. Can't go wrong. Unless it's bad chocolate, but such a thing had yet to be discovered by the filly, so it's all good!

"So how did you meet my mommy, Miss Quicklime? How did you guys become special friends?" Ba-boom.

• 2 weeks later...

Berry couldn't help but chuckle a little - it was obvious that pinchy and quicklime were gonna get along well, and she was so happy to see that.

" well, I have a feeling you two ponies are gonna get along just fine! "

Cantering around the counter, she playfully ruffles pinchy's mane playfully before looking over to Quicklime with a quick wink. " Well...Maybe a double chocolate chip muffin *this time* for her is okay...I don't really mind her having them on the odd occasion, but you know how it is - too much chocolate is bad for anypony, especially young foals like her... " The mare says, glancing back at her silly l'il foal with a small grin.

" Just consider it a treat for today, Ruby! "

Giving Ruby another quick hug, she quickly makes her way back to behind the counter and stretches a little before looking at the cleaning she had to do in the kitchen. Just another little while and she could actually be free for a small break with the pair of them...sure, it wouldn't be the longest break in the world, but it'd be worth it in the end!

" Gimme 10 minutes, gals... " she says, glancing back at the pair of them. " I may as well get some of this done before I go anywhere! "

• 4 weeks later...

CanterlotAvatar.png

QuickLime glanced at Berry and offered a small smile and a nod “Right special treat, not too much sugar” She replied as she led Pinchy out of the store and towards the bakery to get some delicious muffins, her mane sort of POMFED when Pinchy asked the Ten Million Bit question… When the frizzing went down and her mane was back to it’s normal spikey self QuickLime squared her shoulders and pushed her glasses up using her wing .

Well Ruby we met a few days ago at your Mothers bar, see it had gotten busy and I told her that I liked her..and that’s how we became special friends

That had so much fudge and sugar on it it would make anypony diabetic! Oh and would you look at that they were at the counter already!

Okay Ruby what do you think your Momma would like for her delicious treat?” She asked, ANYTHING to get the topic off of “Super special friendship” Especially when Quick was hoping for a touch more than that…

Pinchy loved hugs from her mother, even quick ones.

As for the other mare's answer... If only Ruby had a little detective hat and bubble pipe. She would investigate the Tartarus out of that fudge. But at the moment she was also distracted with the thought of her double chocolate chip muffin. Ooooh sweet chocolaty goodness... Her mouth watered and her teeth rotted at the very thought! Well maybe not the second part, but they were probably preparing for the bombardment of a dentist's nightmare.

With such wonderful deliciousness on the way, she was almost distracted enough to miss Miss Lime's question! What would mommy like for a treat? The excited little filly hopped about with glee as she answered the distraction question.

"Oh she likes all KINDS of stuff! Apple Cinnamon, Raspberry, Cherry, Coffee Cake... Are we still talking about muffins? Cuz she likes other stuff too! All kinds of stuff!"

SO MUCH STUFF.

Edited by Imagination

Phew, Berry had never been so glad to get things done in her life - she'd started feeling a l'il peckish about half an hour ago and had secretly longed for an opening so that she could take a good break for herself...in that regard, Pinchy and quicklime had really thrown her a lifeline of sorts, and Berry was quietly very thankful for the chance to take a load off and grab a bite to eat in the process.

Tidying up thankfully never took long...just getting rid of the trash and cleaning up the kitchen before wiping down the tables and the counter where any minor spillages might have occured and stained - fairly simple, for the most part, and Berry was pretty apt at taking care of all of it fairly quickly.

Soon enough, the plum colored mare was sipping lightly on a freshly made lemon and blackcurrent tea...pondering everything mentally as she waited.

Lime was cute, there was no denying that...and she got along so well with Pinchy that it was clear they could easily be best of friends...it made her smile a little, since Pinchy was very much a personal consideration with any potential relationships she planned on having. To see the pair of them getting along so well here had helped put Berry's mind at ease about anything that might come up from this mornings outing.

Berry takes another sip and chuckles to herself quietly - seemed like things were working out nicely afterall!

• 2 weeks later...

Lime had her own money on her, and after picking out a Double Chocolate Chip muffin for Pinchy, and a Lemon Poppyseed one for herself she overlooked the counter and smiled seeing a delicious looking slice of strawberry short cake, covered in fluffy whipped cream and strawberries. She had to get that for Berry! That Berry resting on the top reminded her of the others cutie mark so it was destened for her mouth.

"We'll get her that"

Pinchy watched the double chocolate chip muffin go to the counter like it was some sort of holy relic. It was going to be SO delicious. And Berry became a hero (heroine?) for the day by allowing the filly to have it.

But then her attention was turned to what Miss Lime was talking about. Get her what? But then she saw it. A magnificent model for what any piece of cake should strive to be. In Pinchy's eyes, it was worthy of Princess Celestia herself! "Oooooooo!" was all she could really say, in wonder over that piece of cake. Was it glowing? And where was that choir coming from?

"She'll LOVE it!" she happily exclaimed, jumping up in the air.