2013 Brony Census is starting to ramp up, want to help?

CoderBrony

So it may only be late February, but I'm already starting to plot next year's Herd Census (yes, I have no life, demonstrably...)

This time around, it's (hopefully) going to be a much larger and more thorough affair, compared to the mostly ad hoc effort the first time around. Among other things, this means greater outreach to the brony community, and making it available to non-English bronies. What I'm looking for is ponies willing to help with the 2013 census, specifically:

• Translating the census into other languages (Spanish, Germany, French, Japanese are a must, as many others as we can get are gravy.)
  • Making sure that even the most obscure fan sites are notified when the census begins, especially foreign-language sites
  • Providing artwork, both to promote the census, and to use in place of the screencaps that illuminated the 2012 State of the Herd report.
  • Serving as a sounding board for potential 2013 census questions.

While little is going to happen until after Bronycon, I'd like to start to muster my minions volunteers early, especially so we can get some artwork ready to promote the census effort at the con.

if you're interested in helping out, drop me a line at coderbrony@herdcensus.com (or reply here), and I'll add you to the census volunteer mailing list.

Thanks in advance!

herdcensuslogo.png

I'm not really familiar with what the Brony Census is all about, however, I would gladly help with translation to polish if niche European languages are at all desirable. That said I have absolutely no ties to any polish fansites and/or communities, if such even exist in any organized manner here. So I cannot really help with the reaching out part.

This sounds like a monster undertaking. Out of curiosity, can you describe how you plan to take the census with such a widespread net culture?

Well, last time around, I snagged 9,000 ponies with a brief note in EQD and a few other places. Next time, the media blitz will be much more widespread and for longer. That's one thing I want volunteers for, to get the word out to obscure corners of the fandom I may not be aware of, and to help brainstorm places we want to make sure we hit. Having the census available in multiple languages will also help.