Mom, to child: "No, it's a girl toy"

DuskShores

Her argument is invalid based off of the current episode. Solid Snake Twilight? Unless she wants to make the argument that Metal Gear Solid is girly that is... (I don't know if you can, MGS is like awesomeness concentrated)

But honestly... Brony artists and musicians make the most awesome of stuff, and tailor the show's girly image to something decidedly not girly, or at the very least androgynous. There are many things on ponychan, ponybooru, and deviantart that can't be put on this site because of their content. And they make everything from figures like above, music of all sorts from classical to electronica, and artwork that takes the basic image and makes it into something new and exciting. Honestly, I think Faust was able to leave the project as early as she did because she felt she completed what she set out to do, which was to create a show that proved that a girl's show didn't just need to be fluffy nonsense and could have solid substance that everyone could enjoy despite a girly image and history (though I think we can all agree that this is clearly a case of lightning striking twice because PPG did it first, just without the stigmatic history). And the brony community, as ostracized as it is, is constantly growing in size and is testament to her efforts, and proof that she succeeded.

As I said earlier in this thread. If I saw this situation happening, I'd buy two of the same toy the kid wanted and give one to him and keep one for myself. And would probably take the effort to explain to the mother that looks can be deceiving and to not judge a book by its cover. I think everyone in this community would agree this isn't the same show as it was in G2 and G3, hell it isn't even the same as G1 (which I admit, CR got me curious and I gave a shot and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be quite the opposite in fact, I didn't enjoy it near as much as G4 and the art style wasn't doing it for me). The show has solid substance, interesting and dynamic characters, engaging storylines, and solid comedy with adult in jokes that make it possible for adults to enjoy, and even gets people of all ages interested in things that they normally wouldn't have looked at, whether it be I Love Lucy because of the cherry scene or The Music Man because of the Flim Flam Brother's song (among others). This show has pretty much everything that makes a good cartoon good.

• Like 1

if it means the kid wont get bullied (more) then its fine with me i'm 23 years old and dont have the guts to buy a pony toy through i would love to have a fluttershy next to my pc :D but i wouldnt say if i had an kid that he wouldent have it it would buy it for him (to be sure i dont have kids, also not planning to have them) i'l let him develop the way he chooses to develop :)

if it means the kid wont get bullied (more) then its fine with me i'm 23 years old and dont have the guts to buy a pony toy through i would love to have a fluttershy next to my pc :D but i wouldnt say if i had an kid that he wouldent have it it would buy it for him (to be sure i dont have kids, also not planning to have them) i'l let him develop the way he chooses to develop :)

A kid can make their own decisions about what they do, and whether or not its worth being bullied. They might decide, to have an MLP toy and keep at home, secret from the kids at school. Or, on the extreme opposite end, it could be a critical part of their self-expression that shouldn't be denied. There are some things worth suffering the scorn of your peers, and there's something to be said for standing up for yourself.