What Now??-Book 2 [CLOSED]

jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

(ooc): Well, it looks like Spice and Raypoint have left Canterlot.com altogether, so that leaves me, Jim, Thrylos and LegoCOBrony19 if we all want this RP to continue.

(ooc): Thrylos doesn't seem to be responding, so looks like it's just us three. In that case, Lego, you have the next turn

"Ok, Let's see why they want you guys." Lawrence took a look at the poster Tilly had 'borrowed' from the guards during the distraction. after a quick look-over, he gave the poster to Metal and looked to Tilly and Silver.

"Well, It was nice knowing you two."

Tilly took her 'queue' from Metal Maker, sneaking over, swiping a poster and then returning with it. When Silver used his horn magic to spread it out on their table, the striped mare gasped at Lawrence's comment.

"I don't git it, y'all," Texas Tilly said as she scratched her head with a front hoof. "Silver and me ain't done nuttin' wrong since we got here. Why in the name of Roy Rogers would we be on a Wanted Poster?"

"AFFIRMATIVE, MISS TILLY," added the metallic Silver. "IT IS ILLOGICAL FOR THE TWO OF US TO APPEAR ON SUCH A POSTER SINCE NEITHER OF US ARE CRIMINALS. PERHAPS OUR WISEST COURSE OF ACTION WOULD BE TO TURN OURSELVES IN TO DISCOVER WHAT CHARGES ARE ..."

"Nothin' doin', saddlepal!" the Western attired mare interrupted. "No tellin' what they'd do to us if'n they got their hooves on us! They could toss me straight into the hooscow while they took YOU apart bolt by bolt to see what makes ya tick! Ain't no way we kin risk it! They's gotta be another way to find out what's goin' on. Any of the rest of y'all got any idears?"

Lawernce's idea of skipping town still sounds good if Silver can provide a distraction at the train station. Lawernce said he was good at illusions also so getting there shouldn;t be a problem.

Say, let me see what is on that poster anyway?

A quick glance and he saw the words questioning and meeting with princess Celestia..

Something stirred in his mind but it wasn't ready to come out yet. Suppose that the princess had learned of their plight and could use her considerable magic to reverse it?

In that case, running away was the worst thing they could do. But as Tilly pointed out, it was a risk.Somehow he couldn't believe that Canterlot had evil intentions in mind. The Princess was benevolent at the very least.

But they were convinced that their plight was better served by leaving. The Princess could find the anywhere anyway, if she truly wanted to help

He wouldn't leave Tilly, no matter what. Pony or bobcat, he had grown fond of her and her "speak your mind" attitude.

Well, let;s make with illusions and" get the heck out of Dodge", as the old Appalossa saying went.

(ooc): Actually, holographic projection is one of Silver's many abilities. He doesn't like to use it a lot due to the consumption of energy producing illusions take. Although he (in this world) is solar powered, creating holograms does take a LOT of power. Silver might consider doing this for a short time period though ,just to get past the guards.

Double M, as his friends called him, walked out to the train station and saw a few guards eyeing the passengers. Normal precaution he thought.

What they need is something they can;t resist. he thought and an Idea was born.He headed back to where they were hiding and told Silver"'The best way to not be seen is to have yourself be seen going in the other direction. That is a sure fire distraction and I have some cloaks that will serve as temporary disguises. walk up tp the train platform and then show the holo whatever image of yourselves running away from the station. The guards will take off after "you" and then you can get on Larry;s train and hightail it out of here.

He then waited to see if anyone else had a better idea.

He still sensed that Tilly and Silver were "wanted" for totally different reasons, but he kept his own counsel.

• 2 weeks later...

ooc: I'm still here...

Lawrence looked down to a pocket watch inside the cabin of the train. The steam bursted through the pistons, ready to drive the Hayes ten wheeler (similar to a 2-6-2 Priarie; #12 from Georgetown Loop) while trying not to gain unnessicary attention from the guards. He did manage to overhear most of the plan, but had missed one key element in it: The actual diversion. Although Metal's Idea was a sound one at best, there wouldn't be enough time or power for it to actually work, not to mention he was holding up the train on purpose and lugging on a metal pony wouldn't do him any good.

ooc: I'm kinda gooding on a limb here.

OOC: Good point, theh illusion will have to be only a few seconds and someone to point it out, But I think it is doable. Depends on

Whoever is running Silver ( Mojo) I think.

What about it Mojo, can Silver use a quick disquise to get on the train after a few seconds of hologram projection?

(occ): Sorry all, didn't know it was my turn

"What do ya think, big guy?" Texas Tilly asked her metallic stallion friend.

"METAL MAKER'S COURSE OF ACTION IS LOGICAL!" Silver spoke. "I CAN SAFELY PRODUCE THE REQUIRED ILLUSIONS FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME!"

"You heard my saddlepal, folks, we're in!" the striped mare neighed proudly. "What's are first step?"

Double M was pleased to hear that his idea was doable.

First, we need to disquise you folks while I distract the guards again. Once on the train that Larry is holding for us, Silver can project the image of he and Tilly running away. I will call out to get the guards attention. Once they seem to run out of sight, We take of in a hurry and no one is the wiser. BY the time they figure their gpne, as Holo whatevers are not common is Canterlot, they would just think they lost them,

The only sticky point was a disguise Tilly could be covered with a blanket, but Silver needed something more elaborate. He finally figured that a Royal Guard uniform was required and he could say he was wearing armor for protection from the Runaways

He had picked out the largest of the guards and a swift kick from Metal Makers powerful legs sent him spraled out unconsious for at least 1 hour.

If the other guards didn't see them, no bystanders would be the wiser.

He got a blanket from his wagon and draped it over Tilly He unbuckled the armor form the unconsious guard with his magic and quietly toted it back to Silver and helped him squeeze into it.

Now all that was needed was the distraction. He came up the guards around the locomotive, and made the offer of inspecting their hooves, free of charge. As he suspected, one watched him as the other had his hooves examined. He hoped Tilly saw the opening and took off for Larry's train

Everything seemed to go good so far as a blanketed Tilly and 'Royal Guard' Silver made their way into one of the empty box cars, but there was a minor set back....

"GHOST!!" A random pony shouted, pointing at the pony shaped blanket. Panic soon engulfed the enitre platform with guards trying to retain some form of control to calm the crowd.

Well, that worked wonders.

"Time to get rolling!" Lawrence shouted, slowly pushing the throttle forward. Steam spat out from the pistons as the train started to move.

Metal Maker heard the call of "Ghost"and knew something was up. The guards he had been "helping" ran off without even an goodbye and went storming for the platform. Double M did not believe in ghosts and would think the guards didn't either, but a call for help was never ignored They all assembled on the platform as a train was pulling out. He had to keep them from stopping that train!

Suddenly the Hologram image of Tilly and Silver appeared on the land to the side of the depot. Metal Maker saw it and realized that Silver had taken his advice.

There they are! They're getting away, he shouted at the cluster of guards. As he pointed one hoof at the 3D image ( how did Silver do that?) The guards looked, and seeing the fugitives seeming to tun into a copse of trees, they moved as one and gave chase. This left the train yard empty of guards and Larry's train free to depart. The pony who had called ghost was lost in the shuffle of ponies waiting for trains to arrive or depart.

Double M then stayed on the platform as the crowd ran to look at where he had pointed and he saw the Hologram ( as Silver had described it) Fade away as though they were escaping into the woods. The guards had some ground to cover giving the "running pair" a good head start. He wanted to be on the train, but knew his disappearance would only make the scenario look false. Thinking ahead, he had bought a ticket to the next train to Ponyville and arranged to meet them there after it was all over. His presence made him innocent of any part of a conspiracy and he could answer questions about the two , from the wanted poster he he had read.

It would be several minutes while the guards chased after the escapees and he could say he was missing his train before the questioning went too far. For now, he mingled with the crowd talking about horseshoes to calm every pony down and dismissing the idea of ghosts with his calm and resassuring tone and presence,and then getting his wagon onto a boxcar of the next Ponyville train. All looking innocent and normal. He only hoped that Larry's train was fast enough to get out of sight before the guards came back. He wished Tilly and Silver well and hoped that the wanted posters were not all over Equestria already.