What Now??-Book 2 [CLOSED]

jim

"Now's are chance, Silver, time to git on the train!" the disguised Texas Tilly shouted as she hopped aboard. "Hurry up! Them guards ain't gonna be chasin' them thar holograms fer much longer!"

"AFFIRMATIVE!" the cybernetic stallion replied as he climbed on the train. The two travelling companions casually walked over to an empty seat and sat down.

"I sure hope our new friends don't git in trouble fer helpin' us," the striped mare whispered.

"AGREED!" added Silver.

"Even if'n we git outta here ok, what are we gonna do next?"

"INSUFFICENT DATA TO FORM A THEORY!"

With the chaos of the platform now behind him, Lawrence gave a sigh of relief and hoped nothing could go wrong. With his 'friends' aboard, all he could care more about was getting them out of harm's way and to the safety of Ponyville in the valley below.

Hours must have passed when the train reached a junction just before Ponyville. Being a freighter, he had to give the right away to any passengers coming up or down the track.

There was only one problem: No passenger trains were assigned today. (dun dun DUN!)

As he predicted, the royal guards were all over him with questions: Did he know them, how had he come to look out and see at just the right time, and other questions along the same lines. He even saw the guard he had knocked out stumbling around asking where his armor was. Luckily Double M had gotten him from behind so he could say that the silver one had ambushed him to blend in with the crowd by wearing royal armor.

He had never lied so much and so convincingly in his life but they wallowed it because it made sense. When asked why he didn;t chase after them, he just said he thought they were dangerous, otherwise why were the royal guards after them. he was a muscular pony but no hero.

Finaly they left him alone and questioned other ponies in the station. Metal Maker quietly went to his train to Ponyville and settled in for the long trip. He only hoped Larry had gotten a good head start. He had arranged to meet then just outside Ponyville and try to convince Twilight Sparkle to try her magic to help them. Problem,was, he had never met the heroine of Equestria and had to come up with a good story quick. He mulled over his options as the train pulled out.

How to put it delicatly that the runaways were actually from another dimension and transformed at that. His head hurt as he tried as he tried various stories and rejected or modified them.

When the train came to a sudden stop, Texas Tilly rushed over to poke her head out a window.

"What in tarnation's goin' on?" the striped cowpony dressed mare asked. "We're stopped at a junction. Is thar another train comin' on the same track?"

"SCANNING!" Silver's robotic voice spoke as his internal systems performed a wide, general scan of the surrounding area. "NEGATIVE! NO OTHER TRAINS OPERATING ON THIS TRACK FOR A TEN MILE RADIUS!"

"This looks fishy, ol' saddlepal. T'aint right!"

"SINCE WE ARE CURRENTLY IN A STATIONARY POSITION, PERHAPS IT WOULD BE PRUDENT TO TRAVEL TO THE TRAIN'S ENGINE TO INQUIRE OF LARRY ABOUT OUR CURRENT SITUATION."

"Well, we could do that or jist amble on up to the front of the train and git the lowdown from Larry."

"I BELIEVE I JUST STATED THAT SUGGESTION!"

"Then what are we waitin' fer?" Tilly asked as she and Silver galloped through the train cars until they reached the engine to find Larry. "Hay pal, what's the story here?"

OOC: ugqgt is 4the traib stopped on NSN OPEN TRACK?

OOC: Speak the King's English man, I didn't catch that.

"Hay pal, what's the story here?" Tilly asked as the two arrived at the cabin.

"I have no idea. I've sent my workhorse out to find the problem, but he hasn't come back yet. I'd go myself but I have to stay with the engine incase there was a bit of a mix-up at the station." Lawrence explained, pointing to a telegraph key in the crew car near the end of the train.

"I'm gonna send out a message, explaining the situtation. You and your friend can stay here, but Don't- Touch- My- Train." His once friendly voice seemed stern as he said those words, then worked towards the crew car.

Metal Maker was so engrossed in how to ask Twilight Sparkle about how to help his friends, that he didn't notice the time it took to approach Ponyville. He was shaken from hiss reverie of ideas when the train slowly came to a stop. There was no announcement of Ponyille as Next Station and the conductors seemed as puzzled as the passengers. Smelling something amiss, he stepped outside and looked down the track. There was Larry's train on a siding, like it was waiting for a train to pass, but the train he was supposedly waiting for had come to a stop before the siding. He trotted up to the engineer and found that they were confused by the freight train sitting when it should have gone past before they got there. He was surprised to see a telegraph key in the cab, which told of track conditions.

They must have stopped to help the seemingly stalled freight train. Double M did not like the idea of the train with his friends on it sitting outside Ponyville when help was only a mile away. Something was amiss and he was not taking any chances. He trotted over to the other train and looked in the baggage cars ;they were EMPTY! Being a logical pony, he thought it through.

If the train had been stopped by royal guards, the engineer would have been taken and the train impounded. It obviously wasn;t so there was a more nefarious answer, Larry had plans of his own.

Metal maker quickly searched the remaining boxcars to no avail, Then he tried the cab of the engine, There were Tilly and Silver He sighed relieif at seeing them unharmed. When they related their tale of Larry's performance, Double M decided it was best to abandon the train and run to Ponyville and relative safety..

When they got there, he he hid them in an abandoned livery stable, only he knew about and then left them to find the library and Miss Sparkle

Texas Tilly and Silver watched Lawrence exit the caboose.

"Don't touch MY train he says," the striped mare repeated, "he outta know we ain't derpy enough to do a fool thing like that!"

"LAWRENCE GAVE A SIMPLE WARNING!" Silver answered, "STEAM TRAIN ENGINES ARE QUITE COMPLEX TO OPERATE!"

"I know that, saddlepal. But we ain't children. We're smart enough to not touch nutin'" Tilly said with a shoulder shrug as she leaned on the wall, unknowingly catching the train whistle rope under her side and causing it to blast out a long loud whistle toot.

"TILLY! THAT WAS UNWISE!"

"Whoops!" Tilly neighed, backing away from the wall. "Ya think anypony heard that?"

"AFFIRMATIVE!"

Upon arrival to the crew car, Lawrence eyed the telegraph, and a coded message waiting to be sent.

Just as he was about to type on the Telegraph key, a sharp and familiar whistle filled the air.

"They just had to touch my train." He muttered and rushed back towards the cab. When he got there, the two were gone, along with his spare can of oil.

Metal Maker had heard the whistle and guessed correctly that thetwo were in the locomotive., He ran there anad old them of his suspicions of Larry. They had to run while they could Their only chance was in Ponyville in an abandoned livery stabll that everyone had forgotten about about,.

He urged them off the train and toward Ponyville. Telling them the location of the stable. He waited to have a chance to face Larry before he hunted for Twilight Sparkle He grabbed a can of oil just in case.

OOC: Moio, I already had them off the train, but alerting Larry was a good piece of stroiy telling. I am ammending my story as well.

(ooc): Oops! Missed that, but I think it'll work out

"What are we gonna do now, old saddlepal?" Texas Tilly asked her faithful metallic friend.

"THE LOGICAL COURSE OF ACTION WOULD BE TO REMOVE OURSELVES FROM THE TRAIN!" Silver spoke.

"What about Larry? Ain't we supposed ta wait here for'm?"

"THAT WOULD NOT BE WISE, MISS TILLY. YOUR INADVERTANT ACTIONS HAVE COMPROMISED OUR POSITION. THOSE WHO SEARCH FOR US COULD HAVE BEEN ALERTED!"

"Reckon yur right, Silver. Let's go!"

"ACTIVATING TELEPORTATION SPELL!" Silver announced as his horn glowed. Seconds later, the two vanished in a flash of light and reappeared near Metal Maker.

"Silver? What are we doin' here?" the stunned striped mare asked.

"UNKNOWN, MISS TILLY. I WAS ATTEMPTING TO TELEPORT OURSELVES TO A SAFE LOCATION."

"So, is it safe here?"

Ooc: Sorry, Minecraft got the best of me.... again.

Lawrence, jumped out of the cabin and looked around for the group. He almost admitted that they had vanished without a trace, but a small spat of oil stained the grass, followed by another and another leading all the way towards Ponyville. He grinned a bit but before he could return to the crew car to send out the message, he heard voices coming from the junctions.

Darn.

The guards were on the hunt again.

To Tarturus with the message, he had the last relic of his family to keep safe. He uncoupled the engine from the rest of the train and slowly drove deeper down the line.

Metal maker was amazed that Sivler and Tilly appeared out of thin air, but he realized silver was a unicorn of some power.

He didin;t notice they had taken an oil can with them by mistake.

He led them to an abandoned stable on the edge of ponyville and left them there to try and find Twilight sparkle, a noted magic user in the town.

As he recalled she lived in a library so he looked for a building with ah sign saying library or something. He soon found a tree with a book sign nearby so he knocked on the door. He mentally prepared himself for how he would explain Silver and Tilly's conditionand the need for her help. His hopes were dashed however, as he saw a sign saying Twilight and Spike (?) were away at canterlot. He blew a sigh of of frustration, not knowing how close Twilight was with the Princess, With out her magical assistance or reference, he was at a loss,

Not one to give up easily, he broke into the library and searched shelves for anything about inter dimensional magic. He found one book ( well stocked library!) on the subject but without Twilight's help, he was still nowhere nearer to getting the two home.

He kept the book in his saddle bag in the event that someone magical could use it and hurried back to the stable. There he told the tale to the two interdimensional visitors.

"Say Silver, you have considerable magic of your own, Could reading this book make it any easier for you two to get home?"