[Chapter1-No Lands End] Stars and Dreams [PM for Invite]

SeaSkies

"there has to be a way to make some kind of shelter with what we found."

Crescent took stock of the sticks rope and bags. He had an idea.

"Runner are you sure there wasnt even a single large piece of fabric in that old store? cuz otherwise we're gonna need wood for more than just a fire. Alright first off lets get the food in the bags. Runner go check around again for any big pieces of cloth you can find, sound off when you reach the store so we know your alright. Scout, you come with me we're gonna set up camp on the west side of this hill, we might be able to block some of the wind. Alright go time!"

Crescent put some of the food into his saddle bag and strapped it on. He picked up the rope and sticks carrying them over to the base of the nearby hill expecting Scout to follow.

SeaSkies followed quickly with her pack filled too, turning to Runner mid-flight "Good luck" she called to him then turned again and pressed herself to go faster after the purple pegasus. After they both landed she turned to him.

if we set up inbetween those two rocks we'd only have to build two walls and a roof !

She flew over on top of one of the rocks she was talking about and pushed at it, making sure it was sturdy and wouldn't fall over.

"Wasnt quite what i had in mind but with your idea we'll have more room inside than I originally planned. We can use this rock I found as a hammer to knock these sticks into the ground on the outsides of the rocks. Then we can string the rope back and forth between the tops of the sticks to make a zigzag pattern across the space between the rocks. That way if Runner finds any big pieces of cloth we can drape them over top and weight them down on the sides with rocks or dirt. If he doesnt we should at least be able to find some wood to layer over the rope and lean against the rocks. I would prefer cloth though so we can pack it up and move it with it. So why dont you look for some rocks we can use as weights and any firewood you happen to come across. I'll start hammering in the sticks and working the rope.

Crescent took out the Rock with the flat side and began hammering in the sticks with it using two hooves. when he finished that he flew into the air and started stringing the rope between the sticks and over the gap between the rocks. He flew up higher to listen for runner's sound off

SeaSkies flew back to her peach tree kicking it hard to shake off all the weak and dry branches. Once she had finished sh'd got quite a pile of firewood, the tree was old and damaged so the wood gave away easily, she pulled off the rotting fruit and leaves so the fire wouldn't have too much smoke. She'd gathered too much to take back to camp easily. but with a little searching she managed to find an old thick vine that she bound the wood together with and tied the bundle onto her back. She flew, somewhat slowly due to the heavy load, back to camp spotting a large stone quarry about a half mile away to the west. she dumped the branches back at camp and explained about the quarry.

"it's just a half mile from here. should have all the rock we'll ever need. Some of these branches are pretty thick too, we could use the knife Runner found to trim them down, and if we use either rope or vine we could binbd rocks on the end of them, make ourselves some weapons !"

BlackHoof trudged into the long forgotten town, hoping to find supplies and hopefully a little water, he kicked a rock with all his might in anger. "I knew I should have killed that traitor when I got the chance, took everything I had in my sleep, wait, voices?" BlackHoof hid behind an old burnt down building, he looked over the side of the crumbling structure to see a grey pony with another purple pony. "Hmmmm, they could have food, just have to wait for the one with the goggles to leave and I have my chance" He whispered to himself unsheathing his rather pitafull knife.

Runner nodded in acknowledgement to Scout and hurried towards the store. He reached it within a matter of minutes. When he arrived he sounded of just like he was told to.

"Alright Pro, I'm at the store now, i'll check for the cloth."

Sure enough, considering it was an old clothes store, they did have some rather large pieces of cloth in a corner. "It's seen some better days, but at least there's no holes in the thing." He thought. He grabbed the cloth and stuffed it in his pack and proceeded to run back to where Scout and Pro headed off. He thought what he saw was another pony, but when he looked back there was nothing there. "I must be seeing " Runner thought to himself.

Crescent heard Runner's sound off While he was surveying the land for anything suspicious, when a flicker of movement by one of the scorched remnants of a building caught his eye.

"That's great runner Now find what we need and hurry back I need you help me check something out."

Crescent heard Scout's comments about the quarry nodding i approval.

"We'll check it out later. right now we may have company. I need you to stay here and keep a sharp eye on all of our supplies while me and Runner go check it out. Here."

He handed her the rock he used to hammer in the posts.

"Stay hidden behind the rocks and if anypony shows up knock them out with this. There are sure to be more than a few desperate souls out here that want what we have."

Crescent put a hoof on his sword and waited for Runner to return with whatever he found so they could check out the disturbance.

BlackHoof stared in despair "Great, looks like their not leaving, and if I move i'll be caught! Stupid pegasus ponies" Than a shiny object caught BlackHoofs eye, it was barely sticking out of the sand, and when he finally managed to pull it out it was by far the best thing in the history of pony finds every were, in his hooves laid, a rusted lunch box. "Wow..great a worthless piece of trash, thank you god of finding something useful, must be looking out for me huh." BlackHoof stared struggling with the tin box, trying to open it and see what was kept within. Finally he used a rock and as quietly as he could, bashed the rock into the lock, revealing sandwiches! BlackHoof looked at the sandwiches as if they were holy, they may be a little moulded, but the box kept them fresh enough to be edible, and at night the cool sands kept it in good condition. "Wahoo! I'll be eaten good tonight!" He said, a little to loudly.

SeaSkies hid as she was told, and as she lay there she noticed something. Back on the staring line where their had been a solid plume of smoke there was now 3. As the smoke creep into the sky she watched intently praying for something to show it was a forest fire, a camp, even a camp burning, but no. It was defiantly dragons, and they were gathering. She'd had some experience with dragons before, and could pick out their blind spots to hide from them, but she didn't like it and would rather avoid them all together. She gulped. She huddled alone and hidden in the camp waiting for the others to return so she could tell them.

"wahoo ill be eating good tonight" a voice came from somewhere starling her. She stood bolt upright It wasn't Pro or Runner that she'd heard.

" hello ? " she called out, half hoping no-pony was out there

BlackHoof peeked around the corner trying to hide himself as much as ossible to see who had heard him "U-uh, no ones here! I am...the wind, yeah the wind, whoooooooosh" BlackHoof than darted back behind the corner. Great imma dead pony..he thought

"Yeah leave it here and get out your knife we have a visitor hiding over by that collapsed wall. you take the far side and wait for me to show myself on the near one. Once you hear me talking step around the corner and stay silent. Just be there to block the path, if he tries anything funny. "

Crescent drew his blade and silently flew over to the corner of the debris lighting down quietly. He waited for Runner to move into position before making his move. Crescent took a deep breath and went into hyper focus mode clearing his mind of everything but the situation. He whipped around the corner sword pointed out. He saw the young black pony holding a tin box of what appeared to be food that had long since expired.

"Stay where you are! I dont want to fight but I will if I must!"

BlackHoof looked up at the tall goggle wearing pony, he than started to talk with his mouth full "Uh herro thar," swallows "as I was saying..." holds up the tin box "Peace offering? ehehehehe......" takes a big gulp Yep, i'm 100% dead.

Wilden the wolf had been watching the ponies for only a few minutes, hoping one of them would stray a little too far away from the group, giving him a meal, but they stuck together like glue. This forth one was clueless, even Wilden had heard his stupid cheer. The other three ponies were staring at him and it looked like they were talking, but he hoped for a fight, meat, even pony meat, would have been welcome.

He remembered watching his home burn. He had been woken by the Huntress' screams of pain as the fire cooked her. He knew she was a lost cause, so he tried helping his sister escape, but she just shook her head and let the fire take her. She didn't utter a sound as she become nothing but a crisp. Wilden ran from the woods after that, and never stopped until he chanced upon this rag tag group.

He waited from the darkest area he could find, which wasn't too hard with the night sky aiding him, and hoped for a death.

Just one.

Runner circled around the opposite side, knife drawn. He climbed to the top of the wall and was ready to pounce the pony at any moment."peace offering eh? we're not exactly cruel and heartless ponies, although if he does make a move i'm likely to tackle him to the ground" He remained silent as he waited for Pro to take care of this strange new pony."i hope he's a nice guy, another set of hooves wouldn't exactly hurt around here. Plus considering he's also an earth pony i wouldn't be lonely if Pro and Scout fly overhead" He stared at the two ponies below him, waiting for what was to happen next.

Crescent laid the peach at the colt's feet and waited for a response. there was a slight breeze, the first he'd felt all day in this dead wasteland. There was something on it, a scent, though Crescent couldnt make out what it was exactly he thought it might be an animal of some kind maybe. something that could help! Runner was the survivalist though and it would be safer to get his confirmation before running after strange smells.]

"Hey kid our camp is right around the corner. Feel free to head back there. HEY SCOUT ITS ALRIGHT HE'S FRIENDLY!"

He sniffed the air again trying to figure out what it was that carried the small odor.

"Hey runner. you smell that?"

OOC: LOL ZACK YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Hey Runner, you smell that?"

Wilden's ears perked up at the sound of the creature's voice.

Wilden thought he smelled fine, but the purple winged horse begged to differ, it seemed. The creature was scanning the area now, and its eyes passed over Wilden more than once.

Wilden didn't know if it was nervousness, hunger, anger, or all three, but something caused him to run at them; claws at the ready.

His first swipe was a miss, and by then all four of those creatures were staring at him, fully armed.

His element of surprise was gone; seeing no other options, he jumped toward the one called Runner.

Runner hadn't expected this wolf to attack him. However, with his speed he was able to quickly dodge his attack and strike the wolf in the back of the head with his hoof. When it landed on the ground he quickly grabbed it from under it's forelegs, and wrapped his hooves around the back of the head.

"Alright, I don't know who you are or what you want with us, but you're not going to take us down that easy."

Runner looked to Pro

"What should we do with this thing?"

Crescent Held the wolf at sword point as Runner struggled to keep it grappled. This was certainly a dilemma. He didnt want to kill it but it had attacked them. Then on the other hoof it was probably just hungry like everyone else, and trying to stay alive. If this creature was intelligent it might be worth a shot trying to communicate with. First things first, he needed to minimize risk he didnt want this young colt to get hurt.

"Colt, go wait at camp, and dont touch anything. I dont know if you can understand me, wolf, but I dont wanna have to kill you. I would say you could join us but we have no meat other than the stuff on our bones."

Crescent stood there holding the sword in the wolf's face waiting for a response.

[ BLARG Internet problems !]

Scout watched the scene play out in confusion, Another earth pony and a wolf had appeared now. She thew a glance back at the smoke spirals to make sure the dragons were still far enough from them before she joined the others. She walked up to the black earth pony concerned "Wow, You're really hungry aren't you ?" she dropped gave him another peach before turning towards the wolf "uh guys he's a WOLF what is he tries to eat us" she'd never been fond of wolves and this one was going to have to prove himself trustworthy.