[Canterlot] Destination: Ponyville! [Closed]

Volt

[OOC: As Blitz requested, going through one more reply round without our Pegasus Soldier this time]

[OOC2: Miracle. A short post from my side.]

Unity noticed that Blitz hesitated. He wasn't sure why, but he knew that it would be most wise for her to fly and make sure that the unicorn won't hurt himself. "Well, in this case I'll help her in picking decision, perhaps." - he thought, as he turned back and headed towards the offices. "She'll for sure do the right thing eventually. And I believe Pegasus will be able to catch up to us if needed." He was already few steps ahead, when he realized it wasn't in his interest to enter Canterlot trading administration offices. He turned back, still trotting ahead, and said:

"Nickel, my friend, you're coming? I feel we've wasted enough time already. I hope you still have that rare gem you've mentioned earlier. It'll be a good example of good you're trying to sell, I believe." - Unity pointed his sight on the roofs after saying those words. It seemed as Shadow and Ink we're having a conversation. He was pleased with that, actually. The further away from that unicorn, the better. Least, that's what he came up with after his last words directed at Unity.

"Why is it that Blitz defended him?" - he wondered, staring blankly ahead. It was a thing he couldn't understand completely - "Perhaps it'll be best to ask her upon next meeting...". Unity turned back again - "Come on, Nickel! Let's get ourselves done with this already!" - Stallion tried lighting a fire under his colt companion.

Nickel Shine:

Nickel had started to follow Unity when he took one final look back at the small group.

"Aye'ma sure Misder Enk n' Miss Shadow will be gewd n' fine wid Miss Blitzs der."

Nickel thought to himself until Unity's voice brought him back to the situation at hand.

"O aye'ma comin' Mider Unidy!"

Nickel replied as he slightly galloped over to Unity to catch up to the Unicorn.

"Sowry 'bowd dad. Aye ain'd use da leavin ponies behind. Bad since Miss Blitz es der id be awl ight."

Nickel said to replied to Unity as he caught up to the lavender unicorn.

"Guess id migd be besd to be stayin nexd to Misder Unidy till we geds da burockracy."

Nickel thought as he began to walk with the unicorn.

Ink Soul sighed, winked at Shadow Myth, and used his magic to move crates into a stairway, eyes clenched shut with concentration. Slowly, Ink stepped down the floating boxes, feeling for each new step. Suddenly, the unicorn set a hoof on a curved box and tumbled down the falling crates, just barely making it down.

"Woo...what in the world did I get myself into, leaving my writing for this..." Hurriedly, Ink cleaned himself up and looked about. Only the pegasi and him remained. Oh no...and now I had to go and get angry at Unity! Planning on finishing what he started, he trotted after them before turning to the waiting pegasi and looking sadly at them before running father from the two mares.

[OOC: Time has been forward to the offices, on request of participants. Currently, Sleeps is the one to post. Others will have decent amount of time after him.]

The administrative offices of Canterlot always drew attention of foreign ponies. They were purely white, decorated with various elements known only to their architects, they simply emanated with their importance. Unity took a step towards the doors. There was no point in wasting time by standing in front of the building. He entered a large hall and headed towards one of corridors, greeting the doorkeeper. He soon approached one of the doors to the left.

"Here we are." - he turned to Nickel who, after all, was the main reason to be here in the first place. Unity kept wondering what happened with the others. He left Blitz alone behind, what he considered at least rude and of bad manners from his side. He'd have to apologize for this if he happened to meet her again. As for Shadow... he had no idea what happened to her. Unicorn thought that she'd follow them, but he wouldn't be surprised if she changed her mind once more. It would be so much like her. And finally, Ink... that dark coated unicorn. Unity could swear he saw him in the crowd behind, just before entering the offices, but he assumed it was just his imagination. "Now then, what was it you wanted exactly from them, Nickel? If you'd be so kind to remind me." - stallion would gladly finish this visit as fast as possible. Ponyville called for him, after all. His problems still existed, after all. "Although..." - he thought, as he glanced at Nickel - "...belittled."

• 2 weeks later...

Nickel Shine:

Nickel continued to follow Unity through the crowds trying not to get lost until finally they arrived at a large white building. The Colt had never seen such odd designs but could help but stare a bit at each one until he heard Unity ask him to refresh his memory.

" Oh. whell, dad sedd dad in ordar ta sell gem en n' raund equestria y'all had ta has permid."

Nickel replied as he pulled out on of the gems that had spilled out on to the street before.

" An en ordar ta get one of dem permid thinges ya'll has ta presand ya gems ta da burockracy."

Nickel continues as he looked over the gem. His ears folding down when he turned it to see the small chip on the gem that had happened when it hit the hard cobble ground.

" Aye jusda hope da all don notice these here scuffs. Dad ill be so dang mad if aye fail him."

Nickel thought as he put the gem away before looking back over to Unity.

"So, uh misder Unidy, where does we all go now?"

Nickel ask trying to hide the fact he was worried.

Unity took a glimpse at jewel pulled out by Nickel. It certainly wasn't in best condition, but it still had its glimmer. "Still..." - he thought - "...Celestia knows what will their expectations be...". Unicorn pointed a hoof towards nearby room. "It's just behind this doors. But you ought not to show them that damaged one." Unity scratched his neck, starting to wonder. The accident during their first encounter damaged a lot of gems. That could become a little barrier in trying to gain the permission, considering the Canterlot was quite a demanding city which accepted only wares of highest class.

Unity was concerned, and really wanted to help out Nickel on this one. It took him just a few seconds to solve the problem though, as he exclaimed: "Ah-ah! Don't worry. I think I know how to finish our quest with ease." After those words, Unity smiled and pushed the door, entering the office. The office itself was quite small, with a light flowing through large window. There were some bookshelves filled with papers, various certificates on walls and, naturally, a desk with a grown, stallion earth pony standing behind it. Clerk raised his eyes upon them as they've entered, stopping reading through papers.

"Welcome to the administrative offices of Canterlot, how may I help you?" - he greeted them officially.

"A welcome to you too." - started Unity - "Since we're in quite a hurry, I'll head directly to the point, if you don't mind mister. We've came here to gain permission for selling goods."

Earth pony nodded and sifted through papers on the desk. It took him few seconds, but it seemed he found the ones he was searching for. "Don't worry, I enjoy clients who know what they want. So, what kind of goods are we speaking of?"

Unity stepped aside, allowing Nickel to take a stand. After all, it wasn't his business he was trying to get started this time. "I guess this question is directed towards my younger friend. Nickel, would you mind presenting the case? It's your day after all." - Unicorn encouraged him with a brief smile. He was going to help him, naturally, but he didn't want to interfere too strong into this matter. It was Nickel's responsibility in the end.

Nickle Shine:

Upon entering the administrative office Nickle felt like his heart had dropped into his stomach due to how nervous he was. He quietly fidgeted in place looking around the small office at all of the papers and filling cabinets that were in the room.

"Aw buck. whad does aye gone n' godden maye self inda? Daey ain's nevar gon na approves of dese here gems."

Nickle thought to himself with a bit of a nervous gulp as he watched Unity talk to an Earth pony about getting a permit. suddenly Nickel heard his name an noticed that Unity was asking him to present his gems.

" Oh..uh wride dank ya kindle misder Unidy."

He said to Unity with a bit of a nervous crack. He walked up the the desk and took a deep breath before looking the Earth pony in the eyes.

"A-aye Nickle Shine, son of da Shine miner f-family w-w-would layek da requesd a p-permid d-da sell our here g-gems in canderlod and da rest of equesdria."

Nickel stuttered out in nervousness as he opened the side of his saddle bag.

"Aye no dad sed nawd da show off da besd gem riwght away bud aye downd dink aye godda choice here."

Nickel thought to himself as he grabbed a small box from among the damaged gems and put it in front of administrative pony.

"D-D-Des hear es uh s-sambul of our gems."

he continued following the script in his mind his dad had taught him while on the road to Canterlot. As he opened up the small box, the gems inside light up the desk reflecting nearly every color in the rainbow.

"Des es da r-rainbow d-diamonds of B-bareback Gultch mines. E-each wan here aye m-mined n' cut myself wid da h-help of my fadher Misder Shine ."

Nickel said quickly feeling his cropped fire brick tail twitched nervously in place.

"Aye howpe ya'll consider our g-gems wordhy of canderlod."

Nickel conclude as he did a small head bow before backing slightly away from the Earth pony to let him inspect the gems.

• 3 weeks later...

[OOC: Finally back in business, after a little crisis I had! Long time no post!]

"Just keep a grip at yourself, Unity, keep a grip..." - stallion kept thinking. He allowed Nickel to talk, because after all it was his issue which brought them here. Moreover, he really thought gaining a bit of experience will help him in future. But right now, at this very moment, Unity was busy with vastly different idea. He was trying not to burst in laughter, while observing unfortunate earth pony's eyes widening. It took Unity just a moment to realize that poor clerk is having just a *tiny* problem with deciphering colt's accent. "Officials... so clueless when it comes to foreigners."

Will managed to fish out helpless stare thrown at him by clerk, but before he managed to interfere, a multicolored light flooded part of the room. Unity stared at the gems pulled out by Nickel, and barely noticed his explanation. Of course, he had heard about the rainbow gems in the past. Every self-respecting jeweler had to know them. But that didn't change the fact that he saw the first time in his life. According to the information he possessed, those gems couldn't be found in any part of Equestria. Unicorn stepped a bit closer, staring in awe. "So many possibilities, so many solutions, ideas..." - he whispered subconsciously to himself.

But Unity's dreams were interrupted by the clerk, who, seemingly, already managed to understand what's the main point of their visit here and started inspecting gems a bit closer. Unity turned his attention to Nickel. Judging from colt's voice, and, as Unity just observed, his behavior, there was a lot of tension in this young pony. It gave stallion a slight feeling of guilt, for exposing Nickel on such a stress. But in the end, he decided it'll do no harm to him, and he'll learn this and that about life. "That WAS, quite a surprise, really. What else are you hiding there, eh?" - he shook his head in disbelief, smiling while asking the question. "It was-" - Unity didn't manage to finish, as clerk interrupted him.

"I'm not an expert in any kind of goods, but generally, on first sight, they do seem to be fine. Naturally, I cannot grant you a permission instantly, as I have to turn this question towards appropriate ponies, specializing in these materials. I'll allow myself to grab a few of those, as a samples. In two weeks amount of time, we should contact you with details concerning our decision, but from what I see here, there shouldn't be any problems." - for now earth pony was speaking to both of visitors, but he turned towards Nickel again - "As I assume you're the one requesting a permission, I'll need you to fill up most basic data and sign a few papers." - saying that, he pushed a few pieces of paper across the table. "If you could hurry this up, please?"