World As We Know it, Chapter 2 [INVITE ONLY]

AlisonRose

Rainy's jaw dropped."No I insist i'll pay sir!""Oh well if you want."Rainy paid.Rainy Splash was going to answer Cherry's question but the answer made him sad."Um to answer Cherry uh no I kinda never have.I've even been alone every heart and hooves day.But I've survived."He sighed but shook off the sadness he was going to have fun no matter what.....But still he thought...........,

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherry was engrossed in her pancakes, barely listening to the other two, when all of a sudden she heard something familiar.

"Why, if it isn't Mr. Paradox!" Cherry was confused. Surely, it couldn't be? Risking a glance upwards, and ready for her hopes to fall, she saw him. Standing in the doorway to the small bakery, her coltfriend, Azure Paradox. Stunned, she just sat there, frozen to her seat, staring at him.

HeartBeat nudged Cherry a bit then giggled a little. "So this is the Azure Paradox you've told us almost nothing about then?" She sipped her lemon water and nibbled on her cake a little looking the stallion up and down to get a better take on him before he would speak.

Azure trotted into the bakery, making sure to hold the door open for the two fillies behind him. He turned to the owner, and talked briefly before looking for table to sit at. He glanced around the bakery, when a particular pony caught his eye. That mane... something about it jumped out at him. Azure went over to the filly to get a closer look, when she turned to him, wide-eyed. "Cherry? Is it really you?" A smile rose over his face as past memories bombarded his mind. "Wow, small world! How have things been going?"

Cherry was sure her face was rival to the colour of her mine right now. "Um, uh .. I, well.." Dear Celestia, please save me. I must sound like a silly little foal.. again. She was praying that either Rainy or HeartBeat would step in and save her from herself.

He looked as striking as ever, she noted. But wait - something was wrong. "Azure, what in the hay is that!" she squealed, pointing a hoof at his left side flank. "And whatever happened to your ear?!" Cherry jumped up from her seat abandoning her pancakes to nose his cheek. "Sit your rump down! This is Rainy Splash and HeartBeat, by the way, my friends. Rainy, Heart, Azure. As you both know ... They're visiting. Now, would you kindly explain yourself?"

HeartBeat nodded her head a little, the nurse inside her coming out in full as she observed the damage done to Azure. She was making mental notes about what could of happened to him, but threw them all aside in hopes that somepony would eventually explain it to her instead of making her figure it out the hard way.

"Well it couldn't be all bad could it?" The words slipped from her mouth and she instantly covered it with both of her front hooves to prevent any more outbursts.

Azure just stood there, looking back at his flank, and remembering the tragic event all too clearly. Just another normal fishing day, he thought, but a nearby group of sharks seemed to think otherwise. Azure quickly snapped out of the flashback. "Sorry." He sat down next to Cherry. "I don't wanna talk about it. Maybe some other time. Don't worry, I'm perfectly fine." He smiled, trying to push the thoughts out of his mind. Azure looked over to Rainy Splash and HeartBeat before introducing himself like he did with every new pony he met. "Nice to meet you both!"

Rainy Splash lost his appitite he now just studied the table."yea nice to meet you Azure."He shook his hoof.Of course now he was the only one as usual.He thought back from last time he was Seasaddle.HeartBeat had Highroller Cherry had Azure.Was he the only pony without a special somepony?He shooed the thought away nothing will stop him from having fun."So what are we going to do next guys?"

Cherry cast a long, hard look at Azure, before pushing her pancakes towards him. She looked at Rainy. "I'm not sure. What would you guys like to do?"

She wasn't sure what to do with herself around Azure. Not to mention that nasty scar on his left side flank was catching her eye again.

HeartBeat leaned in real close to Rainy and gave him a quick 'friendly' nuzzle on the cheek. "Oh I'm sure we should let you decide for now Rainy. You seem to be so full of energy." HeartBeat giggled a bit and then began to gobble her cake ferociously. "I can't let good cake go to waste!" She said in between massive bites of the cake she ordered. "Cake, cake, gimmie some cake!" She was singing the whole time while chowing down.

Azure couldn't help but laugh as he listened to Heart sing. What a strange day it had been! He reunited with Cherry after what had felt like an eternity and now he was sitting and enjoying the company of two new friends. Azure took a few bites out of the pancakes and nudged the plate back to Cherry. "Thankyou, but I ate a little while before. Not really hungry now." He called a waiter over and ordered some chilled water. After it had arrived, he took a sip and glanced around the table. "So, what are you all doing here in Seasaddle Bay?"

Rainy thought how his father had met his mother then came back to reality.He knows thats not a good sign.he is gonna to (pegasus) wing it."Um let's go meet some new ponies.Cherry do you have some ponies to introduce us to?Peferably single mares."Rainy Splash stoped mad at himself he decided to not try to hide his emotions.....

Cherry laughed at Rainy, finished her pancakes (while not really enjoying them) and tucked her head shyly against Azure, her ear just under his horn. "Rainy, you'll find your special somepony soon enough."

"HeartBeat, would you maybe like to go for a walk, to walk off the cakes, and we can meet back with the colts later?" Cherry was itching to talk to HeartBeat alone, to discuss the scars - to gossip. Well it is what fillies do, after all!

HeartBeat shook her head furiously, knowing just what Cherry wanted to do. "Oh I don't need to walk off cake, but walking is fine." She said with a huge smile and wink to Cherry after finishing off her cake.

"I'm ready when you are." She said as she dominated her glass of Lemon Water and then stood up and stretched.

Cherry nodded, jumped up and trotted out the bakery, glancing back only to call "We'll see you colts later!"

Once out of sight, and earshot, Cherry plopped her rump down and stared at HeartBeat. "Well?"

HeartBeat sat close to Cherry and put her hoof to her chin in ponder. "Well what?" She asked not sure where to begin or what to begin with. Surely Cherry wanted to talk about something very particular hence why she summoned her out here to get away from the colts.

"You're a nurse, aren't you? What do you think's happened to him?" She almost screeched, referring to Azure's scarred ear and flank. She knew she was being irrational, but she was worried. "And isn't he cute?" She asked, trying to lighten the mood.

She knew HeartBeat probably wouldn't know the cause of the injuries, but maybe she had an idea.

"Oh from what little time I saw, I can't tell you right now. But I can say it looks a little like he might have fallen and hence the few little cuts and scrapes he has. But aside from that I can't tell yet. He is cute, but he isn't my type, I prefer the nerdish type." HeartBeat was waving her hoof up and down for no reason at all while she sat there and pondered what Cherry was asking of her and trying to put put things together. She smiled at Cherry since she knew that Cherry had the hots for Azure but she wasn't sure if they were actually an item yet or not.

Cherry sighed and put her hooves on her head. "When we first met, we got close and it felt like we were, um, an item.. But he's not acting like it now. Maybe he met somepony else.." Cherry shrugged and shook her head, realising that HeartBeat was suppsosed to be on vacation here! "Oops, I'm being silly, what would you like to do for the rest of the day? Perhaps a swim?" Cherry's head was swimming, that's for sure. She wanted to meet up with Rainy and Azure ASAP, but she didn't want to rush HeartBeat, especially now that she remembered, HeartBeat hated getting her mane wet. "Or, we could go shopping. There's a sweet little mall a little while away. It's not too far on foot."

HeartBeat followed behind Cherry without question. She was just happy to be spending time with Cherry and her other friends. She nodded her head to Cherry so that she knew that she was fine with them going to the mall or anything else she had planned. So long as flying wasn't scheduled she would be just fine.

Azure sat back with Rainy, letting his eyes wander around the room. He knew exactly why Rainy was upset, after all, it was rather obvious. Without thinking, he blurted out "Don't worry, everypony finds that special somepony eventually. It just takes time. Like your cutiemark for example. You can't rush these things, after all". It sounded better in his mind... and now the situation felt even more awkward. Azure never liked seeing ponies upset; he was selfless and knew it. "Hey, forget those fillies, let's go do something together. bowling perhaps?" Love should never control your mind, he thought, reflecting on his past. A colt needs some time to himself.

Roller galloped furiously towards the bakery, skidding along the ground through the doorway to a stop near Rainy and Azure's table. He was panting heavily, and he shook his mane a bit. "Oh, hi, Rainy." He gave a friendly smile. "Sorry, guys. I slept in today. I had to ask around to find out where all of you went." He seated himself at their table and ordered a large glass of ice cold water, gulping a lot of it down almost immediately.

He looked around, now that he was beginning to catch his breath and took notice of a few things. "Who's this, Rainy?" was his first question. "Where are the girls?" was his second. He smiled at Azure. "I'm sorry. If I wanna know who you are, I should probably just ask." He swished his tail back and forth a bit. "I'm High Roller. Nice to meet you," he said, extending a hoof.