World As We Know it, Chapter 2 [INVITE ONLY]

AlisonRose

Cherry glanced up into the sky, realising she may need to work for a while when they returned home. She was really looking forward to this shopping trip. She had seen cute saddlebags in a store earlier that week, and she wanted HeartBeat's opinion on them; typical!

"Never any work to do when I'm bored, and when I'm about to do something fun, there's lots of work to be done!" She laughed exasperatedly. "Is there a particular item you need or want, or are you just window shopping?" Cherry asked her friend. She realised she had never actually done this before: been on a girly shopping trip with a friend.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azure watched as Roller made himself at home within a few seconds of strolling into the bakery. More importantly, he wondered how he downed a full glass of water so fast! "Hey! I'm Azure Paradox." He held out his hoof and shook Roller's. "A close friend of Cherry's. Nice to meet you." He gave a warm smile. It was nice making friends again; he'd been traveling for a 7-8 days now after all. "As for the girls, they went out for a walk, and they didn't say when they'd be back".

HeartBeat giggled to Cherry, "Oh hun, it doesn't matter either way. I prefer to just look first then if I see something that I can't live without I buy it. Not that it is a healthy way to live but I get by." She then shrugged and trotted to Cherry's side so they would have an easier time doing girly things instead of Cherry having to turn to see her. "Is there anything that you wanted? I'm sure I can afford almost anything at this point." She said with a strange smile on her face that was a little: 'Yea, I'm rich' and 'Spend spend spend.'

"I've been saving up for these cute saddlebags I saw the other day. They compliment my mane perfectly." Cherry giggled. She wasn't really a girly girl, but this was just too fun!

They walked in silence, Cherry humming from time to time. They reached the mall shortly, and Cherry led the way to the store, wanting to see what Heart thought of the bags.

HeartBeat was used to the mall in Manehatten with its sprawling buildings and stores, but she wasn't about to let that set her back or get Cherry in a bad mood. They walked into the store and HeartBeat began to look around at the items in the store and wasn't sure exactly if she liked them or not. Most of them items were lovely yes, but there was a few that made her question the store owner's sanity, or more specifically the designers sanity. "Well don't these look lovely!" HeartBeat said as she pointed to a set of saddlebags that honestly were the most adorable thing she had ever seen. Not being much of a girly girl herself she had no idea what girly-adjectives to use on it other then lovely and just stood there and pondered what to say about them.

((Just for some information:

So far: ALL of the ponies gathered in Seasaddle Bay, most of them went to a bakery with Cheery Dancer where Azure showed up (Her long lost lover), Cherry dragged HeartBeat away to do girly things while the 5 Stallion things stayed back and were pondering what they were going to do.

This has been a friendly informational update!

Ps. Welcome back Bronynumber299!))

((Thanks for the Update, makes it easier for me to join in))

A strange looking pony with green lens goggles and a dark brown pelt was outside the bakery. He had a pair of what could be compared to binoculars, although not fully perfected. He seemed to be looking for something in the sky through the binos. His cutie mark is a airship steering wheel (similar to one on a sailing ship), so one could assume he has a background in the airship business.

Roller extended a hoof after Rainy. "Hey, wait! I don't think they..." he began, giving up as Rainy zipped down to the beach. "...went down there." He sighed and looked at Azure. "I suppose some fresh salt air would be rather nice. What do you say?"

He then looked over at the newly arrived technically proficient stallion. "Hello, there. My new friend and I were just about to head down to the beach. Care to join us?"

Cherry's heart fluttered at HeartBeat's exclamation. "They are the very ones I had my eye on! Do you honestly like them? Should I buy them, so we can get back to the boys?"

Cherry was worried that HeartBeat maybe wanted to stay a while longer, but she wasn't sure that she was enjoying the mall. Perhaps she just wanted some more sun and sea. Cherry dithered, waiting for Heart's decision.

Azure and Roller made their way down to the beach, looking out for Rainy. He wondered why Rainy was so eager to get out of the bakery. "You check that way, I'll check this way" he said to Roller, and they split up. 5 seconds later he spotted Rainy in the clouds and called back to Roller. "Any reason why he's up there?"

HeartBeat giggled at Cherry then spoke softly and reassuringly to her. "Get them if you want hun, I'm just here for moral support and a guiding hand to make sure you get what looks good on you." She smiled rather large as she knew that it was a bit of a joke that she (HeartBeat) could pick out clothing to fit Cherry's personality. She patted Cherry on the head playingly and then took the Saddlebags off of the rack and placed them onto Cherry. "See a perfect fit, and they look very good on you!" She wasn't just saying that this time, they actually did look STUNNING on Cherry. "I think that is a definite YES on the purchase scale love." She smiled and giggled a bit more, but in all honesty she couldn't wait to be back outside in the sun and breeze that she loved so much from Seasaddle Bay.

Cherry stamped her hooves as HeartBeat placed the bags onto her. She checked the mirror - they did look good! She grabbed them and pulled out her bits. Running to the counter, she slammed the exact amount of bits down and ran back to HeartBeat laughing. "Yay! Okay, now how about some sun?"

Rainy was lying on the ground thinking about what Cherry said"You'll find your special somepony one day it just takes some time." Rainy Splash was tired of being sad and was tired of feeling sorry for himself.He got up and saw HeartBeat racing down the beach with Cherry.And he glanced at High Roller and AZure waiting for them."Pfffft!Takes too much time I say."Rainy mumbled under his breath.....

HeartBeat saw Rainy laying on the ground as they trotted up and did the first thing she thought of...She flipped him over giggling the whole time and then trotting away.

"How are you doing Rainy? Meet anypony new while we were gone?" She asked since she knew who HighRoller and Azure were but not this new mare who stood before them. She bent over and nuzzled Rainy in a friendly way so that he knew she was only playing with him. She then walked over to HighRoller and leaned into him smiling a bit.

((There may have been miscommunication on my part, but my character is a Stallion, not a Mare :?: LOL))

The stallion looked at the pegasus and introduced himself "My name is Broadsides, inventor and scientist. Nice to meet ya" he said with a grin. He got up from his sitting position and let his "binoculars" hang on his neck. "So what are you all doing in Seasaddle anyway? I'm here watching the skies for airships. I am hoping for one to pass by, but unfortunately I have yet to see one."

Roller was as always happy to see his fillyfriend HeartBeat, and gave her cheek a soft bump with his nose. "Pleasure to meet you, Broadsides. An inventor, you say?" he asked curiously. "I've invented a few things, though they all have to do with games," he said with a sheepish grin. "Airships? The only kind of ships I've ever seen around here are regular old sea ships, but I 'spose there's a first time for everything."