A walk in the city [OPEN]

AlisonRose

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Syd put his jacket away in his saddlebags, and asked for a glass of lemon water. Syd began drying his guitar with a cloth out of his saddlebag. He then played a simple chord and made sure the guitar was in tune as well "You sure know how to make me remember the comforts of home Heart. I have been travelling for so long I have forgotten them." Syd thanked Heart for the glass of lemon water and enjoyed it's tart taste. "So, who wants to hear a little bit of music?" Syd said, sitting down on a pillow that Heart gave him.

Syd reached for his guitar, and prepared to play the song, but first, his friends deserved a description. "This song represents the time we have being young, and how we have to take a hold of that time and be adventurous in our youth." With this, he began playing. Using a little bit of his unicorn magic, he was able to make the room turn pitch black and the room began to look like they were floating in space while he was playing. The Sun became slowly eclipsed by the moon in this vision, and when the song ended, they were returned to the room that they were in.

(Here are the *edited* lyrics and the song is in the video on the bottom.)

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

You fritter and waste the hours in an offhoof way.

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town

Waiting for somepony or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.

You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking

Racing around to come up behind you again.

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.

Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the Trottington way

The time is gone, the song is over,

Thought I'd something more to say.

Home, home again.

I like to be here when I can.

When I come home cold and tired

It's good to warm my bones beside the fire.

Far away across the field

The tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees

To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

HeartBeat was jamming out the song (as per the Party Soft meme) and then at the end of the song she began to clap her hooves in celebration.

"It sounds very lovely!" She said not sure what else to say about it just yet.

( OOC: can Copperthorn join in?)

( she is a pegasus pony who specializes in acrobatic stunts and is traveling with a circus. She is a lonely pony at heart and wishes to join others wherever possible She is walking down the street, hears music, sees ponies in an Inn of some sort and wanders in)

(Please edit your post and put all OOC talk into brackets of some kind. No pony is allowed to join unless its controller has shown that they understand simple Open RP know how. You are free to join so long as you go to page one and read the rules and change your above post into an introduction of how your pony finds our pony rather then a one line question.

Thank you.)

((Hopefully I won't be any trouble at all.))

Cast List DiamonAzuru21 - Sunbreeze and Solar Flare

Sunbreeze smiled as she looked into the store windows of the vast city. Her light green mane was nice and combed neatly which was brought to a point that was tied up at near ends of her mane. Her long tail was just the same light green and style as her mane. Her eyes were that of silver and seemed to shine in the sun as it matched her even lighter green coat and wings. Her cutie mark was an odd mark. It was silver just like her eyes and it looked like a three bladed propellor and it seemed to glow a very faint glow. "Big sister, look at this."

"Sweet Celestia, what is it now?" Her older sister, Solar Flare, said. Solar was just a bit taller then Sunbreeze, about a twelve of a hoof and her appearance (color scheme) screamed flames of all kinds. Her outer layer of her mane was a bright orange and seemed to actually flicker in the light while the inside layer was a straightforward red. Her manestyle was messy but flowing and her tail was just the same. Her entire coat and horn was a scorching white and her cutie mark was three fireballs. She seemed to have a short temper and seemed rather impatient with Sunbreeze

(Rping as two ponies is just fine so long as there is always a clear denotation of when each pony is talking or doing something. You are doing just fine Diamon, so long as you keep using the split text it will be just fine. Please try and do both ponies in the same post each time if you can so that you are not forgetting about one though. And welcome to the RP!)

HeartBeat noticing some ponies walking in the street she looked out and saw that it was already daylight now. "Oh my, where has the time gone!" She said to her guests as she stretched and trotted to the kitchen to get more Lemon Water. She quickly brought the jug over to her guests and refilled their cups. "Do either of you have anywhere to be today?" She said flipping her tail a bit, not even feeling tired in the least bit. She took a sip of her Lemon Water and then leaned out the window to her apartment, speaking out so that almost everypony could hear her, "The weather is beautiful today is it not?" There was not a cloud in the sky and the sun was beaming down brilliantly on the city, a huge smile streaked across HeartBeat's face.

"Listen, Sunny, we have to head back to the hotel. Winter and Water are expecting us." Solar said irritably, "Along with the groceries that we were suppose to buy this morning."

"We can do that later, but for now, let's explore. There was a reason why Pen let us out to this great city." Sunbreeze said with a smile as she flared her wings to show her excitement as she took the skies effortlessly, did a flip then dove back down. Sunbreeze smiled as she went back onto the sidewalk and kept window shopping with Solar scuffing at her from behind.

A young looking unicorn filly walked though the streets humming a small song. Her coat was pure black and she had no cutie mark. Zero g was a very adventures pony. "I wonder if there is a good place to rest at, as long as the evil colour of blue isnt around." She shuddered at the fact her overbearing boss and his very blue coat. "ah a park."(better? I can edit it if need be.)

(King, can you please edit your intro post to give a better introduction of your pony, as per why they are in the city or why they would be visiting and even perhaps why they hate the color Blue. After that I will add you to the cast list.

Thank you very much.)

Solar and Sunbreeze trotted into the park. "Sun, we need to get back to the hotel soon." Solar said with a worried tone.

Sunbreeze smiled and looked at Solar with kind eyes. "We will be alright, I assure you. If we were in trouble, Quill would've sent us a message via mental imaging."

"I guess your right about that. So what do you want to do then?" Solar asked as she looked around the forested park.

"Let's go find somepony to talk to." Sunbreeze said with a smile.

HeartBeat was pondering, "Perhaps we should go get some coffee? That would be one of the logical things to do for sure." She nodded her head and went to get her Saddlebags.

"I'll pay this time." She winked to Rainy and Syd so they knew she wasn't taking no for an answer. "There are a few coffee shops and some are pretty close to here. We should get going before the crowd comes."

"Well I am somewhat tired, although I have a gig much later, so I can last through the day. The after gig parties I have been to have really knocked me out but this was not so bad so I can make it" Syd said with a grin. "Getting some coffee wouldn't be a bad idea either," And with that Syd got his belongings in his saddlebags and his guitar on his back and prepared to head out with his friends.

(OOC, I am not sure of the posting order, but I will jump in here to get started please advise if I cut another pony off)

BIC

Copperthorn or Copper as she prefered to be called discovered that the Inn was a coffee shop. "Well, I could sure use a drink of something" she said to no one in particular. She walked in, found an empty table and laid out 2 bits for hot cocoa and a roll.. She looked around, the semi full coffee shop and saw several interesting ponies. Notably one with a white pelt and flaming red mane. She was talking to another pretty pony so she decided not to interrupt. Just then she saw a group of ponies walk in, including one with a guitar. She loved music, and listened to their conversation without acting like she was eavesdropping. She was new here and did not know the custom to meeting new folks.

Normally she would just walk up and say Hi, I;m Copper, how are you? but somehow it didn;t seem right with a bunch who obviously knew each other. Actually it was because she was new and a bit shy, being at heart a lonely pony..

((You are not interrupting the post order as in this style of RP if somepony is addressing you in anyway please feel free to respond. Also, if there are ponies that you are traveling with that are heading to do something, you may also reply then.))

HeartBeat stretched and waved at the pegasus sitting in the coffee shop. She smiled rather large at this new pony seeing that it was in fact a mare!

"Oh nice to meet you!" She dashed over to the pegasus without even knowing them, "My name is HeartBeat. Nice to meet you!" She spoke quickly and energetically to them.

"Woah, woah woah, wait wait Sun. Your saying that Bernkastel isn't a witch?" Solar said in Equestrian (English I suppose).

"Of course not, sis. She doesn't speak red or blue truths about anypony anyway. She is just like every other unicorn out there." ​Sunbreeze said, taking a bite out of her croissant.

"Then what about Golden?"

"She is not a witch."

"Lamba?"

"Not a witch."

"The infamous Pinkie Pie?"

"Complete witchcraft."

Solar sighed and facehoofed as she looked at the bunch that entered the shop. "Okay, I hope Sun didn't do anything wrong this time." She thought to herself as she kept her eye on the group as Sunbreeze went on talking in Umachinese (Japanese here).

Solar noticed one of the ponies from the group and quickly hushed Sunbreeze as they communicated without speaking, something that their mentor Quill taught them.

"What's all the hallabalu," Sunbreeze said in their unspoken language.

"We have been spotted, could be an assassin from Daimo to take us out." Solar replied as she kept an eye on Rainy.