[Outskirts] "Oops!" [PM for Invite]

Halide

"And now I sound like some kind of sappy, sentimental loser..."

Awk-waaaard. If it -wasn't- a gryphon, Ignition might have decided to mock her a bit. But the thing about gryphons, the main things that kind of defined being a gryphon, were strength, talons, and a beak. And the thing about pegasi, the main defining characteristics of a pegasus, was that they are lightweight and kind of easy to break. The latter should not, in fact, make a point of unduly aggrivating the former, for the math simply does not favour those of the latter party.

So, she tried to transition the subject, with a little sympathy thrown in.

"Well, hay, it's not like you're a loser just because you don't ignore your own feelings forever, they're just a part of being alive. I mean, have you met Alice Hoofer? Dude might be the überpferd of heavy metal, but off-stage, the dude is zen."

Of course, changing topics, or even excersizing tact, weren't things that Ignition usually did. Did the gryphon even like Alice Hoofer? Seriously, who didn't like "School's Out"?

((OOC: Alice Hoofer... :lol: ))

"Well, hay, it's not like you're a loser just because you don't ignore your own feelings forever, they're just a part of being alive. I mean, have you met Alice Hoofer? Dude might be the überpferd of heavy metal, but off-stage, the dude is zen."

Gilda really wasn't looking to talk about feelings. Not with a pony, and especially not with a pony who was actually pretty cool so far. It just wasn't what she wanted in this conversation, so at the first sign of an alternative topic of conversation she could latch onto, she jumped. She didn't know that much about Alice Hoofer, but she had heard a few of his more popular songs before and they had been pretty good.

"Ah, Alice Hoofer? 'School's Out', 'No More Mr. Nice Stallion', 'Only Mares Bleed'. Yeah. I've heard some of his stuff. Rocks pretty hard, I'd say," Gilda said with a nod. "Never met him personally of course."

"I guess you meet a lot of rockers with your job, huh? That must almost make it worth it, even if it still sounds like it kind of sucks," Gilda said, giving a laugh.

• 3 weeks later...

(( OOC : sorry for taking so long. Finals and jobhunting were things ))

"Ah, Alice Hoofer? 'School's Out', 'No More Mr. Nice Stallion', 'Only Mares Bleed'. Yeah. I've heard some of his stuff. Rocks pretty hard, I'd say," Gilda said with a nod. "Never met him personally of course."

"I guess you meet a lot of rockers with your job, huh? That must almost make it worth it, even if it still sounds like it kind of sucks,"

Swish, topic change success.

"Not as much as I'd like; usually just the special-needs performers. You know, the ones that need setup to be just so, or have a few tricks up their sleeves that'd wreck to a normal setup. Like, uh..." A nervous glance Cloudsdale-wards. ...Well, at least the hole was kind of filling itself back in. Mostly. Also the smoke had cleared, that was good, right? "Like oversized fireworks and torches and cannons. But, hey, that also means I get to meet some of the really cool guys who have all the bits to blow on effects."

And then... was that a search-light she saw lighting up in Cloudsdale? It was probably time to get going. "Heeeeey, speaking of fireworks, what say we vamoose in, uh, ten seconds time? I think the dorks finally noticed I blew a hole in their rainbow factory."

"Not as much as I'd like; usually just the special-needs performers. You know, the ones that need setup to be just so, or have a few tricks up their sleeves that'd wreck to a normal setup. Like, uh... Like oversized fireworks and torches and cannons. But, hey, that also means I get to meet some of the really coolguys who have all the bits to blow on effects."

Gilda nodded along at this bit, smirking. Made sense to her. That was really kind of cool too. Even if you didn't like them personally, meeting big celebrities was cool just on the fact that you could brag about it to everyone you knew after the fact. That's how she saw it at least.

She noticed Ignition looking over toward Cloudsdale repeatedly. Yeah, apparently the firework had put quite a hole in the cloud city. It was hard to tell from their distance, but it was pretty clearly not the sort of thing that wouldn't be overlooked.

"Heeeeey, speaking of fireworks, what say we vamoose in, uh, ten seconds time? I think the dorks finally noticed I blew a hole in their rainbow factory."

Gilda had to laugh at this line. She shook her head. "Finally a pony who's actually practical! Sure you don't want to stay and 'take responsibility for your actions' or some such lame nonsense more typical to you ponies?"

The griffon laughed some more and then took to wing, ready to fly. "Because I'm definitely out of here. You don't have to tell me twice to dash in a situation like this."

"Puh-leaze. I stopped caring about that as soon as I moved out of my parents' place. 'Taking responsibility' translates to 'community service and writing dumb letters', and that? Anypony who genuinely thinks that's a better plan than 'don't get caught' can go pluck themselves." A cocky grin split it's way across Ignition's mouth as the gryphon took wing - something Ignition was pretty quick to do as well. A quick pose, wings snapped out and fully spread, her carefully-dyed primary feathers forming a bit of a gradient of reds from wingtip to the inside joint of her wing, and with one big flap, she was up and in the air, quite ready to get up and get the heck outta dodge.

"Now, let's lose those wonderbolt wanna-bes!" Off like a shot, in a roughly south-ish direction went the red punk. She was quick enough, but not the fastest pegasus around, not by a long shot. Her wings were built for endurance, not speed. She did, of course, check to make sure that Gilda was still on her tail, but really, a gryphon that got through flight school at cloudsdale? She was pretty sure the gryphon was the better winger of the two of them. "Hey, wanna hit up Germaney? I hear they've got some wicked harvest this time of year, if you hit up the right clubs!"

"Puh-leaze. I stopped caring about that as soon as I moved out of my parents' place. 'Taking responsibility' translates to 'community service and writing dumb letters', and that? Anypony who genuinely thinks that's a better plan than 'don't get caught' can go pluck themselves."

Gilda gave an amused laugh at these words. Heh. She really liked this pony's attitude. She was totally cool. It was still kind of early to tell, but this was shaping up to be one of the least lame ponies she had ever met.

"Now, let's lose those wonderbolt wanna-bes!"

The pony said this as she took off at full speed. Gilda rushed after her, catching up effortlessly. Ignition wasn't really that fast, at least not compared to Gilda. She could have gone quite a bit faster, but kept herself back to match speed with the pegasus.

"Hey, wanna hit up Germaney? I hear they've got some wicked harvest this time of year, if you hit up the right clubs!"

Germaney? That was like past Canterlot and all those mountains. It was really kind of going out of their way.

"Kind of far, isn't it?" Gilda started. "I mean, not that I really mind. It does sound like it could be a rather fun time."

Wow, the gryphon caught up to her like she wasn't even trying? Those were some wings, lady! So, Ignition decided to pick up the pace a bit, hurry it up. She didn't want to seem lazy or slow, at least!

"Ya think so? ...Eh, y'might be right. Maybe I'm just used to spending a few hours getting wherever I wanna go. But, hey, if you've got better ideas, go ahead'n spill. I mean, Germaney's a party, but it's not like I know all of Equestria that well. Or, heck, we could just duck out until Fetrock."

Two birds on the wing, just about all of Equestria to crash or party down in. What could possibly go wrong?

"Ya think so? ...Eh, y'might be right. Maybe I'm just used to spending a few hours getting wherever I wanna go. But, hey, if you've got better ideas, go ahead'n spill. I mean, Germaney's a party, but it's not like I know all of Equestria that well. Or, heck, we could just duck out until Fetrock."

Gilda gave a shrug. "Eh, well, it's not like my knowledge of this pony land is all that better. I'm obviously no local." Gilda said this, but in truth she traveled a lot and had a pretty well developed knowledge of Equestria.

"But we already established that Ponyville's seriously lame and Canterlot isn't really any better," the griffon said with a steady nod. "Manehatten isn't that far past Ponyville if we go south and it's not that bad a place... but if Germaney's really all you say it is, it might be worth the longer flight..."

• 2 weeks later...

"Manehatten isn't that far past Ponyville if we go south and it's not that bad a place... but if Germaney's really all you say it is, it might be worth the longer flight..."

Might be? MIGHT be? But, no, don't be rude, obviously she just hadn't been. Normally, Ignition might not be quite so... precautious when it came to other pon- er... someone else's feelings, but she was still kind of really guilty about almost firing a huge firecannon at the gryphon, so, rather than derisive laughter, there was enthused explanation.

"Might? Wow, you don't know the scene there, do you? Lemme put it this way. If I found out I was gonna die in a week, I would spend every minute of it there, and I'd probably only live half as long for it. That place is Bös. Forget Galas and balls and parties..."

There was a grin, and a Clak! from the punk pegasus as she smashed her forehooves together.

"These guys give the words 'nightlife' a whole new meaning... 'course, you gotta know which doors to knock. But you gotta keep a tight lip about it. No wimps, no dweebs, and most important of all, no snitches. You're cool, right?"

Long and short of it, Ignition wasn't going to be showing up to work tomorrow afternoon - not after that little explosive escapade, and what the hay, she wanted to show this Gryphon the really good parts of Equestria, while letting loose herself. How could it not be fun? It wasn't like she was a pushover; she'd shrugged off having a half-yard mortar fired almost directly at her. And, she was taking wing from the nosy Cloudsdale airheads rather than tattling on her, so there was that. Besides, Gryphons were supposed to be tough, no way she was gonna wuss out because of the volume or the thugs hanging around. That, and having somebody bigger than her couldn't hurt. Ya never know.

"Might? Wow, you don't know the scene there, do you? Lemme put it this way. If I found out I was gonna die in a week, I would spend every minute of it there, and I'd probably only live half as long for it. That place is Bös. Forget Galas and balls and parties...These guys give the words 'nightlife' a whole new meaning... 'course, you gotta know which doors to knock. But you gotta keep a tight lip about it. No wimps, no dweebs, and most important of all, no snitches. You're cool, right?"

Gilda was surprised by the pony's insistence. It couldn't really be that good, could it? She found that a little hard to swallow. Her mental image of Germaney had always been kind of lame. Though after all this hype, Gilda figured it was worth a shot. If it ended up just kinda sucking, she could call this pony out on it and laugh. Either way she won.

"Of course I'm cool," Gilda said with a small laugh. "I'm just not stupid. I'm not the type to just buy into hype easily."

"That said, if it's really that awesome, you got me. Let's go check it out," she said with a shrug. "I'm really not afraid to flap my wings for a while if you're so sure it will be worth it in the end."

• 2 weeks later...