Mirage Riddle [Final]

FlimFlam

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Mirage Riddle

Sex: Colt

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: A dull shade of red

Coat Color: White, as in the kind you would find on a sheet of paper

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Riddle's mane is a black that is in stark comparison to his coat color. His tail is about medium length and is a touch jagged looking at the end. His mane is always kept short, professional, and yet at the same time showy. Funny thing is, he really doesn't style his mane. It just sort of naturally has a charismatic look to it

Physique: As a young stallion, Riddle is a touch shorter than the average pony size. His build is more well toned than athletic, as aside from traveling he doesn't get much exercise done. Also, for performance, travels, and formal events he wears a cape and top hat.

Cutie Mark: A series of three question marks in various sizes. The marks are all the same color as Riddle's mane, adding to the black-and-white theme he has going for him

Origin/Residence: Born and raised in Canterlot, although now he just travels around Equestria

Occupation: Riddle is a stage magician and a self-proclaimed "Question Hunter"

Motivation: What is life if not a question? if everypony knew what they would do automatically, where would the fun in that be? With this as a sort of motto, Riddle has taken to spreading the mystery wherever he goes. If he can add a little flair and charm to the process, however, it really wouldn't make things less interesting...

As for the Question Hunter bit, Equestria is already filled with mysteries from border to border. By keeping various journals of these "natural puzzles" (as he calls them), he can pass on the secrets to anypony who has a good mind for the unknown.

Likes: Questions, riddles, puzzles, and mysteries of all sorts. Also showmanship, social niceties, rhyming, forgotten things, and Ponies who at the very least humor his sense of questions

Dislikes:Ponies who try to rush to the point, skipping the social niceties, cheats, anything overly straightforward, and squirrels. Why squirrels, even he has yet to figure out. They just make him uneasy. Something about the tails.

Character Summary: Come one, come all, and let me regale you with the story of Mirage the Magnificent! Of course, what is a story without depth? without personality? Without... oh you probably get the point. Anyways, Mirage has quite an, how you say, odd personality. The first thing most people note is his love of all things that confuse others. Not chaos, though, just mysteries. Introductions with him can be something of a social maze, with a slight tendency to slip in and out of rhyming. The rhymes are something of a hobby for Riddle. They just make things sound a touch ominous. Anyways, he really is a nice pony once you get past the quirks. Honesty seems a bit of a staple for him, and he doesn't lie or expect others to lie to him. Of all things, he prides himself on his magic, or what he considers his greatest quality. After all of his practice, he almost treats it like a fifth leg with the frequency he uses it.

Born in Canterlot, Riddle was raised by his mother, Razzle Dazzle, and his father, Dragonheart (named so due to his unique magical ability to create flames), Being raised by this two Unicorns, perhaps it isn't a surprise that magic became one of his strong suits. In fact, rather than go to the magic academy, Riddle was home-schooled. His mother, and actress, rubbed off on him by giving him a passion for showmanship, and his father made sure he had rather strict morals. Eventually though, he started to grow beyond foal, and he was already one of a few colts that hadn't found his cutie mark. And so he struggled to find out his talent. His first impulse was to try and find out about it at the library of all places. After all, such a place filled with knowledge must have some sort of answers, or so he thought anyways. Turns out he was wrong, and instead he was swamped with different possibilities that he would try, only to have potential talents shot down one by one. To him it almost seemed that he never would have a talent, but eventually he came around. Sometime after his 3rd attempt at trying to fence, he realized that perhaps trying all of these talents out wasn't so bad, After all, having a cutie mark meant only doing one thing from that point on. Not that he would stop trying things, only that he would stop rushing things and savor the mystery. And so he did, and so his mark came later that day.

Strangely enough, after getting his cutie mark, his magic seemed to focus itself around that. Through his lessons with his parents he discovered that he was rather adept with illusions, such as creating smoke or mirages. Throughout the next few years, he would continue specializing himself in magic until he was able to awe entire crowds with his magic. And so he became a stage magician. After all, a magician works off secrets and preforms through mystery. Along with his love of theatrics, it was the perfect opportunity for him to use his abilities. Sadly though, A single town did not satisfy him and eventually Mirage grew curious of all the unsolved puzzles outside of Canterlot. And so he left. He had a world full of secrets to uncover and with Celestia as his witness he would find them out!

You know, I'm not quite sure how that happened, but I fixed it!

edit - it just occured to me that part of the format problem was the color. It is no longer a problem

I really do like this guy - he's a zesty little riddle of a pony wrapped up in an enigma and dressed up as a puzzle...!

Perhaps the one sticking point in my mind is that questionairre doesn't FEEL like a name for a pony...it feels a little forced, even - although I don't really think it's a deal breaker in and of itself, I honestly found that I came into the application with this nagging feeling that the name itself sounded something of an oddity that didn't 'feel' pony.

Seeing as I can't personally see anything else in the app that sticks out like a sore thumb, and everything is pretty well written/explained - Stampy Stampy! :smirk:

AppAssessed.png

Annnd you have a point my good sir. In that regard I have given my little pony a new and improved name. I just hope I didn't accidentally throw a wrench into any system

Eventually though, he started to grow beyond foal, and he was already one of a few mares that hadn't found his cutie mark.

If this is a male pony, he cannot be a mare. A mare is a female pony. A male pony can only ever be a Colt or a Stallion. A female pony is a Filly or Mare.