Toothbrushes and Paint brushes.(Solaria and Frosty)

Frosty

The crisp morning air filled the streets of Ponyville as another cool Autumn day was just beginning with every pony doing their day to day things and routines. Moondusk Brush, a travelling artist who arrived at Ponyville last week had been enjoying his stay, slowly getting to know some ponies around town and selling his art wares but recently he came across a problem, A problem that he couldn't fix by himself and that problem was a tooth ache. Despite his protests of being fine, he was forced to book an appointment at the local dentist.

Moondusk would stare at the building with a worried look, he had arrived twenty minutes early to his appointment, trying to gather up courage and to make sure he wasn't late. The Blue unicorn took a deep breath, closing his eyes and trying to calm his nerves.

“Ok Moondusk, take a deep breath... ow...”he would groan as his mouth hurt, holding his hoof up to his cheek and gave it a small rub. “M-Maybe it won't be as bad as it is in Hoofington...”he mumbled to himself as he tried to relax, only to have the mental image of a dental drill being held by a shadowy figure, laughing Maniacal behind the sounds of the drill pop into his head. “...it could be worse...”he whined to himself as his hoofs started to shake, the pain in his mouth acting up again.

He would stand outside for a good few minutes before forcing himself inside the building and slowly trot up to the receptionist. “ Umm I'm here for my appointment..ow..”he would finish the sentence with a low groan of pain as the receptionist pointed down the hall and told him to take the last door on the right as he slowly moved forward, each step made the hallway seem longer and wider but it was all in his mind as he finally reached the final door, taking a look at the writing on the door.

“Doctor Colgate... Well, the doctor name sounds nice at least.”he gave a small chuckle to himself, trying his best not to let himself get nervous but gave a small groan as his mouth started to hurt once again. He would raise his hoof and knock lightly against the wooden door, awaiting a response from the other side.

Colgate sat behind her desk within her office, staring at the strange new contraption one of her friends had given her earlier that week. It was an odd stand with several metallic balls suspended from it, Neighton Balls or something. With trepidation she poked one of them, only to watch the entire row of spheres swing rather pathetically back and forth. It wasn't particularly impressive. The unicorn poked the setup again with similarly poor results. Scoffing, she looked up at a knock on the door.

Who could that be? It certainly wouldn't be her receptionist, that pony never wanted to do anything but sit behind the front desk and read magazines. Colgate tapped a hoof to her chin. Come to think of it, if their positions were reversed she'd probably do the same thing. So who could possibly be in the office at that hour? Was there some appointment she'd forgotten?

"Coming!" she called, looking around at her mess of an office.

With a spark of cerulean light, the dentist's horn glimmered with magic as she levitated everything back into place. Her Aquilean Hunter's Claw. Different charts of teeth and their maladies. An Edgar Allan Pony compendium. The Neighton Balls. As the balls jostled onto a higher shelf they settled rather roughly, and one of the edge orbs slid outward to knock back into the row. As if eager to mirror the movement, the ball furthest from it repeated the action. Over and over the balls clacked in perpetual motion. Delighted that she'd figured out the confusing gift in a roudabout way, Colgate opened the door to behold a pony she'd never seen before.

"Hello hello!" she said cheerily, setting a dazzling smile on her face. "I assume you're here for your appointment!" At least she hoped he was, she had no idea. "I'm Doctor Colgate, it'll be right back down the hall and around the corner on your left. Let me just grab my coat and I'll be right in!"

As she trotted toward the lounge, the dental pony poked her head behind the reception desk.

"Hey!" she whispered loudly.

No response.

"Heeeeey!"

"What?" her receptionist, Sunshine Petal, sighed.

"Is he here for an appointment?"

"I don't know," the pegasus replied with a scowl, flipping to the next page in her magazine.

"Then what do I pay you for?!" Colgate squeaked with a tone of disbelief.

"What DO you pay me for?" Sunshine repeated.

Her employer stood with a furrowed brow for just a moment before pointing a hoof at the receptionist.

"You and me," she waggled the hoof back and forth between pointing at herself and the other pony, "we're talking about this later. Don't think I'll forget!"

Colgate trotted away to the examination room as Sunshine Petal licked her hoof and flipped to another page.

"I'm sure it'll be the highlight of my day," the pegasus muttered.

As she arrived in the daylight-filled room where she'd told her guest to wait, the dental unicorn lifted her white coat about her with magic and settled into its well-worn confines. She arranged various tools she might need to be closer at hand, then patted the padded chair.

"So I didn't catch your name!" the doctor said kindly. "And what can I do for you today?"

• Like 1

Moondusk would take a deep breath, once again trying to calm himself as the office door swung, which made him jump a bit on shock as he greeted by the Sky Blue unicorn as he nodded at her query, not saying a single word, Part due to shyness and another because his mouth hurt. He would nodded and start to slowly trot down the hall, only stopping as his ear twitch, catching wind of the conversation.

The blue unicorn gave a small soft chuckle as he listened from down the hall, feeling a wrong for eavesdropping. He would quickly move around the corner and entered the first door on his left, opening it slowly before he would be greeted with a sunshine-filled room. He would take this quick opportunity to scope out the room, looking at tools that were out in the open, the padded chair and other things, quickly move back into a standing position as he heard hoofsteps outside the door, greeting the sky blue mare.

“O-oh, my name... Please forgive my manners... M-my name is Moondusk Brush...A pleasure to meet you Miss Colgate”he whined as he finished the sentence with a dull pain in his mouth, which made him go silent for a second before continuing. “I'm here for a check up, and well... my tooth hurts a little”he would speak in a soft polite tone as his horn glowed a pale blue, lifting his small saddle off and placing it were it couldn't be in the way before climbing onto the padded seat.

He would seem to be calm now, but he couldn't help but take a quick peek at the tools she was gathering nearby, before he would attempt to take his mind off the tools and the pain by trying to start a conversation but he couldn't think of anything to ask or talk about.

"Ooooh a toothache," Colgate muttered, stopping her work for a moment to look sympathetically at Moondusk. "Those are never fun, but we'll get you feeling great again! It's a pleasure to meet you. And if you're worried, here, look at this."

The unicorn caused a small fountain of shimmering colors to spark from her horn, which then swirled into a rainbow effect in the air before Moondusk. Before long she let the psychadelic vortex dissipate with a smile, having tugged on gloves and her mask.

"There. That was pointless, but distracting right? Hang on to that feeling, that's about as hard as this visit is going to be for you."

Colgate gently opened her patient's mouth with rubber-covered hooves, leaning in to peer curiously at the area that he had complained about moments ago. Her eyes narrowed slightly before she summoned a small mirror to hover over the teeth, giving her a better view.

"Well nothing too bad, you're probably just a little sensitive from something you ate," Colgate said soothingly as she turned her back to him. "Or you could have a fun cavity," she muttered to herself.

Gathering a drill and a painkiller, the dentist turned back to Moondusk.

"So you may, or may not, have a cavity over on that molar there." The unicorn waited for a few moments with innocent eyes. "You do. And I may or may not have to fill it... But I will." She whirred the drill. "Are you okay with that? I promise I'll numb you up really well!"

Moondusk would nodded his head.”T-the Pleasure is mine, Miss Colgate and Yea I'm kinda ner-”He would only get cut off by the swirling lights, The blue unicorn would get lost in the rainbow swirl before he snapped back to reality with a shake of his head.

“Well I do have to admit, it was a good distraction, actually kinda made me sleepy.”he gave a small chuckle before his mouth closed, giving another low groan of pain.

He would open his mouth as he would try to relax in the padded dental chair, letting Colgate do her job. Moondusk teeth were little below average in care and his breath smelled like toothpaste, as his ear would twitch as he heard her mutter. He hoped it was something that could fix itself but by the sound of her sigh, he figured it was something worse.

Moondusk would follow on all the words she spoke, listening intently and feeling a lot better about being here but... when he heard the sound of the drill whirl, his mouth glued shut and he cringed at the sound.

“S-sorry but the sound of the drill, just makes me very nervous. You must think I'm a scaredy pony or something..ow..”he would look away, feeling a bit ashamed as he tried to open his mouth from it glued up state. He didn't want to be a burden to anypony yet alone, a pony who was helping him.

"A scaredy pony?" Colgate asked in her muffled voice. "No more than anypony else who comes in here." She whirled the drill thoughtfully, staring at it. "I dunno, I don't get it. Maybe it's because I see these tools all the time. Think of it as playing a puzzle with your teeth."

The unicorn summoned a soothing, bright aura that spread from the tip of her horn to the rest of the room. It was something that she'd had used on her whenever she was especially worried about something, a spell of calming. It had worked on the mare's busy mind, so she'd decided to learn it for use with patients when they showed any particular fear. From the sparkling magic came the sounds of soft waves, birds happily singing in trees, the wind whispering through the boughs of a forest, the gentle harmony of snow falling to the ground.

Colgate steeled herself against the feeling, knowing she'd need to stay bright and alert for her part of the job, but hopefully it would placate Moondusk. Letting her magic seep into her equipment so they quietly vibrated to life, she trotted over to the padded chair and carefully inserted spacers into her patient's cheeks before spreading the painkiller salve she'd retrieved earlier. With the combination of this stuff and her spell, no pony should be afraid of anything for a while!

A small look of apprehension crossed the blue pony's masked features as she leaned in and placed the drill on the afflicted tooth. Hopefully she'd given Moondusk enough of other things to think about. She began to bore into the white surface with a muted keening sound.

• 2 weeks later...

The blue unicorn would try to relax to the best of his powers.”Well the last dentist to play the puzzle broke it and had to fix it again...”he would mumble softly, remembering that scary memory once again as the sound of the drill echoed in his ear, making his mouth glue shut once again, it was very clear he had a bad dentist trip once.

Moondusk eyes widen as he got caught in soothing light as a wave of calm washed all over his body, the smell of flowers waving in front of his nose as he feel into a relax and calming trance, loosing all fear in an instant.

The unicorn would not feel a single thing as the drilled started to bore against his tooth, in fact he seemed to have a pleasant look about him until his horn started to glow pale blue and his eyes along with it, like he was using a spell but it just disappeared without any effect or cause.