[RP topic] explaining hippogriif DNA genetics

BethSycamore

This is my theorization on hippogriff genetics

One parent is of course the griffin,which will pass down the eagle parts to the offspring. However,the other parent may either be an earth pony,or a pegasus,or a unicorn,or even an alicorn.

The earth pony will pass down the horse parts

The pegasis will pass down the horse parts,and wings

The unicorn will pass down the horse parts,and possibly the horn and inate magical talent

The alicorn will pass down the horse parts,the wings,and possibly the horn and inate magical talent

This is my theorization on hippogriff genetics

One parent is of course the griffin,which will pass down the eagle parts to the offspring. However,the other parent may either be an earth pony,or a pegasus,or a unicorn,or even an alicorn.

The earth pony will pass down the horse parts

The pegasis will pass down the horse parts,and wings

The unicorn will pass down the horse parts,and possibly the horn and inate magical talent

The alicorn will pass down the horse parts,the wings,and possibly the horn and inate magical talent

Nice theory, but the third one won't work at all. Hippogriffs (at least for our canon) will never have horns. Of course, they will always have wings, seeing as the Griffon parent always has wings. Alicorns don't really matter for our canon, but that could be quite an interesting cross breed.

Nice theory, but the third one won't work at all. Hippogriffs (at least for our canon) will never have horns. Of course, they will always have wings, seeing as the Griffon parent always has wings. Alicorns don't really matter for our canon, but that could be quite an interesting cross breed.

But could hippogriff offspring inheiret magic abilities from unicorn parents?

Although the 3rd one could theoretically be applied to the crossovers section but even then I don't know if it would be accepted.

It would be fine for Crossovers. :)

But could hippogriff offspring inheiret magic abilities from unicorn parents?

SilverSwirl is right. Hippogriffs will never have magical abilities.