rp question: pony knight groups?

BethSycamore

I did some reading,and it seems to be all earth ponies,pegasi,and unicorns. I wonder where hippogriffs would fit in,if they someday wanted to be a knight.

I actually don't know if non-pony creatures like hippogriffs are allowed anywhere in the regular REA (which includes the Royal Guard/REA Garrison Forces), but they are definitely allowed in Stalliongrad's military force, the Stallian Guard. I know the Destriers (which is the closest thing the RP has to an actual pony knight group) are strict though, and don't even allow unicorns, so they probably wouldn't allow a non pony.

If your hippogriff is from Aquelia (griffon lands), I don't really know. I don't think the griffon military is near as fully realized in the board lore as the pony's. Whether or not there is some order of griffon knights out there I don't believe is really established anywhere.

Your best bet may be the Stallian Guard. Racial integration is a key theme of Stalliongrad and that applies to all levels civilian and military.

Your best bet may be the Stallian Guard. Racial integration is a key theme of Stalliongrad and that applies to all levels civilian and military.

^ This.

The Stallian Guard (VSS) employs the use of other creatures besides ponies such as griffons, zebras and hippogriffs. From what I know, there is currently no order of Knights in Stalliongrad that has multi-racial members. Perhaps you could propose one in the lore section?

wait a minute,I though hippogriifs were pony-like creatures,they're part pony,and I'm sure that they get cutie marks on their flanks.

correct or incorrect

Well, yeah, you're technically correct. By non-pony I just meant not one of the normal pony types (pegasus, unicorn, earth pony). Hippogriff's do get cutie marks and all that. :)

After rereading the old Destrier document, I'm going to have to have to put in for some revisions in keeping with our current board standards.

I see the modern Destriers as a monastic order who prides themselves on being paragons of virtue and serving society at large while simultaneously keeping the traditions of their past alive (hence swords for some ponies). Like the latest revision of the REA, their focus will be more on civil service than on making combatants in RP.

The core of the Destriers is still their adherence to the knightly virtues. While the organization itself will be composed of vetted and trained ponies, I don't think there will be anything to prevent anyone from calling themselves knights-errant so long as they uphold the core tenets of what makes the Destriers what they are. You could very well have a hippogriff character who holds to the tenets of the Destriers while not being a formal member of the organization. After all, being a good person is for everyone, not just ponies, right?