ChatBar issues?

Not sure it's a known issue or whatever, but the web chat (or whatever you call the chat thing at the bottom of the screen) has been behaving strangely, at least for me. Moments ago I just suddenly received chat messages from two separate people dated several days ago. I've been receiving chat messages just fine the past couple days from one of my other friends, so it hasn't flatly not been working, but for two other separate people (one of which sent multiple messages) nothing ever came up until just now.

Is this sort of thing a known issue that's already been or is being addressed? Or is it possibly something just on my end? Just thought I'd ask. I've gotten a lot of use out of this feature since it was first added, so I'd hate for people to be unable to contact me through it again.

Yeah, I'm having similar problems from time to time, though the popout version is usually more reliable. I usually open that in a tab when I'm on the board, and it usually shows me all the messages. though sometimes messages only appear when I refresh.

hi hi

I've had some situations where it pops up a message repeatedly, even though I've already read it. (Doesn't happen too often though, since my work around for the problem was to leave it closed.) However, even when it is closed, it does make each page take about 5-6 seconds longer to load, freezing my whole browser for the duration.

The ChatBar is very low priority in terms of server processes.

When the board is busy is will simply wait till things calm a bit before sending emails and messages etc to make sure that forum posts (the main reason for the board) get priority.

We do have an option for INSTANT messaging in real time via it's own push-sever... that costs $9 (100,000 messages) per month if anyone would like to sponsor that upgrade?

PM me if you'd like to sponsor the push server as this would be organised outside of the 'Donations' and so I can give you all the details of what service it is etc.