Whispers in the Wood [Open]

Twimsy

The unicorn set about putting a small kettle on the stove that took residence in a far corner of the cottage. She glanced back once, simply smiling at the small filly who had appeared from behind Draco's cloak. "Not a fortune teller, no. My name is Clairvoyance. Just an old mare, living out the rest of her life in these woods. And I'm fresh out of cookies, I'm afraid."

She pulled up the pair of chairs from a small table, nudging them over near the bed. "Please, sit yourselves down and get comfortable. My home is a safe haven, I assure you." If somepony had an eye for detail, they may notice the runes carved into the back of the front door. "What is it that brings the lot of you out to these woods, if I may ask? I do not usually have such company."

Wind Walker gave the unicorn the saddest, most pathetic looking puppy dog eyes she might have ever seen, "That's alright. It's probably too late for eating cookies anyways.", she glanced over at her 'big brudder' as he started to speak.

"Pffffft!", she waved her right hoof at the older stallion after he had finished, "There's nothing unique about us. Not a bit. We're completely normal. Just call us 'Average Joe' ponies.", she grinned ever so widely at the mare before quickly adding, "Miss Clairvoyance, I am sorry If I may have insulted your home.", her ancient eyes got wider as she spoke, "Mom used to drag me to these soothsayers and fortune tellers when I was younger and this sort of looked like one of their huts. I'm just curious about one thing, just where are we?", she noticed the other ponies as they cantered on in, "It's too small to be a boarding house."

"Running from what, if I may ask?" She eyed Cloud for a moment before Draco piped up, and then the wee filly after him.

"Hm."

She was quiet as she took tea cups out of a small cabinet, placing them on the table.

"...I've had to live out here because of my...unusual talents, as well. Normal ponies tend to be so narrow-minded, at times..." She shook her head. "But, I digress. You are currently in Lyes Zarya - the Forest of Dawn. Southeast of Stalliongrad. And these small accomodations are what I call my home."

"Stalliongrad?", the Pegasus pulled out a map from one of her saddle bags and quickly unfolded it, "We're still a good flight's away from Canterlot. We'd have to pass through by Trottingham, which would be fun to visit. What the hay is 'Ponyville'? Never heard of that place before", she grunted as she tried to fold up the map, which was now a good big bigger than she was, "Don't know what I'm going to do 'Brudda'. Will my family take me back in? If they do, what will become of you? Don't want you go off wandering all alone again. You need somepony to be with you."

After she was able to defeat the map-beast and return it back to its lair, she turned to her host, "So, If I may ask, what are your unusual talents?", Wind Walker caught sight of the ghost filly as she scurried over to her mother. The Pegasus smiled at the ghost as she passed her and waved her right hoof at her.