Split Blaze [Final]

Jay

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria Mane RP

Name: SplitBlaze

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: His left eye is a dark metallic shade of gray, and his left eye is slightly lighter with a light pupil, the unfortunate taint of his partial blindness.

Coat Color: A somewhat desaturated and darker shade of red.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Silver with white highlights, Split's mane is grown out on his neck like a mohawk while atop his head, his bangs and grown out to cover his eyes only slightly; the right side of his hair pinned back with an emerald clip while the left side is free to hang loose over his eye. The same color as his mane, Split's tail is grown out mid length and folded up over itself and held like that with a dark colored band.

Physique: Girlish face and body shape with not much muscle, but a healthy build. He is average weight and height for his age thanks to his health freak of a mother.

Cutie Mark: A diagonal row of 5 white stars, each smaller than the last. His special talent is interior/architecture design, and the stars represent his goal to make everything he creates worthy of 5 stars.

Origin/Residence: Solstice Heights

Occupation: (Grad) Student studying modern interior design, culture, and community. He also occasionally offers help to other ponies in need of housework.

Motivation: Split and his family traveled a lot and went to some of the most amazing places in Equestria, but all of these visits were short since these trips were only business trips. Because he never got the chance to enjoy all of the different foods, fashions, and architect, Split aspires to own and manage a 5 star hotel that will attract ponies from all over Equestria! Then he might finally get the chance to kick back and learn all about these ponies and their homes.

Likes: Exploring, exotic foods, listening, relaxing, warmth, tropic areas, socializing, and fruit smoothies.

Dislikes: Depressing ponies, being alone, immature ponies, plain things, wind, onions, and bugs.

Character Summary: Ever since he was a foal, Split had been dragged from town to town with his parents on very short business trips that only sometimes squeezed in little vacation stops that, despite being fancy, didn't appeal to him very much. So often Split was forced to endure those fancy dinner parties completely alone. Without any siblings to play with he was usually stuck with just staring at those silvery plates and massive sculptures, or debating whether or not to try those strange foods handed out by the butlers. Even though there was sometimes another foal brought to suffer through those adult parties, they were only temporary playmates because before he knew it, Split was back on the road with his parents. But it was all of that time of staring at expensive decorations that struck a bell in his head, and he was given the lucky opportunity to finally figure out how to enjoy himself on these drab trips when he stumbled across a contest. It wasn't a big or international contest, just a small town even hosted in the slightly lower class parts of Canterlot, "design a house." Yes, that was all, so of course his parents agreed to it and figured it would at least keep him busy at the hotel while they went out, and wouldn't be so important that they'd have to fill out silly forms or rush to meet a deadline. But it turned out to be a little more than a 'design' contest for Split, and he spent hours thinking through his building. Finally, upon their return to the hotel, his parents got to see the result (without much choice, since he shoved it in their face when they walked in) and were surprised to see a drawing of a very modern looking mansion. A good one! Of course, his talent isn't drawing so it had a few flaws but when presented to the judges the next day, he was given first prize for designing such a stylized, cultural, and unique building. Worthy of 'five stars' they said. So, bam, cutiemark! (Totally cheesified the cutiemark bit but I rushed and couldn't really think of any other way to include his talent into how he got his cutiemark.) After awhile, his parents reached the peak of their careers and got the chance to retire and settle down with no more burdens of travel, and Split finally got the chance to stay in one school with foals he could be friends with for a much longer time.

Family: His mother, Spark, is a journalist and his father, Golden Track, is a historian who specializes archaeology and genealogy (The study of ancient ponies and royal pony bloodlines) Both of his parents were earth ponies. (Please tell me if any of the names are taken by another persons OC so I may change them!)

Personality: Calm, patient, and very adept with protocol/etiquette thanks to his years of travel. After constantly waiting for his parents while traveling, and being surrounded by adults SplitBlaze adopted their behavior and matured quickly but never got the chance to enjoy his childhood. Although he is socially oriented, Split has a hard time relating to other ponies his age and because of this he resorts to just sitting back and listening to others. He still has a bit of childlike ambition in him, and when it comes to exploring or trying something he has never done before he jumps to it. As a bit of his own natural personality, he is OCD, a perfectionist, and can be pretty girly. He tends to frown upon rough behavior and conflicts with a lot of country ponies but luckily he isn't the type to get in fights. After his parents finally settled and he was given the time to be with more ponies his age, Split slowly started being more natural around them, so his personality might shift from time to time.

Quirks: Split has a slight birth defect in his vision that completely blinded his right eye, while his left eye only suffers from slight desaturation in colors. In addition, because of this he sometimes walks crooked or at an angle, and has a hard time looking at very dynamic things.

PonyOC-2.png

The only thing I think I need to make a note of is that I'm a bit confused as to his special talent. He's a student for interior design and got his cutie mark for designing a building, yet his goal is to make everything worthy of 5 stars?

Is he a perfectionist or an architect? Or am I missing something/ lose something in translation?

If you could clarify for me, I'd appreciate it :)

The only thing I think I need to make a note of is that I'm a bit confused as to his special talent. He's a student for interior design and got his cutie mark for designing a building, yet his goal is to make everything worthy of 5 stars?

Is he a perfectionist or an architect? Or am I missing something/ lose something in translation?

If you could clarify for me, I'd appreciate it :)

Yeah I was having a hard time figuring out just where to put that in the app o.o I figured this would turn up.

Yes he is a perfectionist, his talent is interior design but he designs everything specifically to be worthy of 5 stars :P where should I edit this into the application, the cutiemark section?

Alright then!

Yes, I think you should probably put it with the cutie mark information. Either that or his motivation, so long as the point is clear.

Once you add that, I'll stamp this and send it on its way! :)

Alright then!

Yes, I think you should probably put it with the cutie mark information. Either that or his motivation, so long as the point is clear.

Once you add that, I'll stamp this and send it on its way! :)

Alrighty, edited ^^ anything else?