Mike Wallace died today

Mike Wallace, best known as the anchor on 60 Minutes, passed away today at the age of 93. He spent 60 years in journalism. First Andy Rooney and now Mike? This year is brutal!

I didn't know him well... i recognized the name when i heard about it, but i never watched him much... i'm sorry he's gone though

It cannot be!

So many well known and talented people died this year.

So...many...

Also, on the topic of 'so many talented people dying' thing... i think it's more that there are soooo many people who are 'famous' now, it's just too hard to go by WITHOUT someone famous dying almost every month...

Think about it... how many famous shows are on TV? how many characters and actors do you know from TV and movies? how many people are famous for being news anchors, musicians, politicians... you could probably name a hundred just off the top of your head, and just from music and shows that YOU watch... So i think that if there is ever a long period of time where someone famous DOESN'T die, that's stranger than if lots of celebrities died in a short time... although it's still devastatingly tragic that ANYONE is dying, and i feel terrible for those people and their families...

Sorry if that seemed a bit odd or out of place... or in bad taste considering the original topic... i'm just getting philosophical about the saturation of 'famous' people in today's world... not that it's a bad thing, it's just a thought...

• Like 1