The Coming Storms (Open RP, PM to join)

Rainbow Dash glared at the the other pegasus and snapped at him. "You haybucket! fight and strike with everything, Sketch is fighting with all he has and he wants us to fight with him SO DO IT!!!" She shouted before a Pegasus Shield her from a falling of arrows. AS the shield withdrew RD noticed the shielding pony was hit she help him to the Medical Pegasus. When He was pulled to the back of the lines RD stood defiantly before taking off with the other pegasus. Each Pegasus slashing onto the armor skin of the creature commander, but Rd soared upwards into the sky far above the reach of those deathly arrows. Dunder's forces did well to keeping the creature's attention as Sketch Charged with horn glowing.

"This will be your downfall your Curr!" Sketch Shouted as his shields held back the forces from his rear. His swords started to appeared one by one at his side. THe Creature slowly turned as timed slowed down at that moment RD rolled back and dove towards the commander. Her Speed doubling every heartbeat, the clouds form around her as she divebomb towards the battle. A Thunderous sonic rainboom shook the ground slightly drawing, all but one, eyes upwards. Sketch Stood as his shield were pushed closer his swords spinning about him as he mumbled his spell his eyes closed as his horn glowed brighter and brighter. "With My might I strike at thee with my sword, with the swords of all fallen by your evil!" Each swords spread out surround the creature at different angles. "For those I hold dear and for those that fallen before me suffer! Suffer like nothing before!!!" He called out as RD slashed downwards across the front of the monster face and chest. Slashing the tough armor skin easily , breaking the crude armor about his chest. But in doing so RD's right blade snapped off in a deafening shattering of steel. The broken blade swirled through the air zipping by Dunder's face and going through several Horde creatures before coming to a stop in the chest of a mutated timber wolf. Right before RD hit the ground she turned a sharp 90 degrees as The surrounding blades shot towards there target. Piercing straight through the creature. Each Blade either went through or shattered against the armored scales of the beast, but the damge was too great for anything to survive. RD picked up Sketch and Took to the skies as Each blade started to vanish and Sketch Panted heavily as He watched the Creature still from the one two strike from Sketch and RD. The Surrounding pegasui broke away from the now still beast.

The creature eyes wear expressionless, as it stood there, arms limp his gash down his face and chest bled out it's voice gurgled as he slowly tipped to one side and fell with a silented horde. The once powerful horde turned to see there commander fall as RD landed in front of the horde as the last 40 Knight stood in awe as the horde reeled back. the arrows stopped as did the magical blast from the castle. Sketch fell to the ground Panting as that spell had drain him almost completely. He watched as the horde withdrew from the field of battle slowly. But As Sketch stood once more with a glare of hatred, His 40 let out a battlecry that would echo through history. The front rows of creature jumped as Dunder, pegasus landed with the other 40 ponies, adding to the battlecry. The Horde withdrew from the standing knights and warriors of Canterlot.

"THE DAY IS OURS!" One Knight Let out as the horde turned and started to run away from the ponies that defeated the commander that had lead them to the very doorstep of equestria. The group let out cheers and neighs of joy as one unicorn fired upwards a sparkling star that burst with a bright green glow. As the horde turned to run Sketch dropped to the ground again panting and shaking as he was afraid that his spell wouldn't have turned the horde away in fear. Rd's voice was the last thing he heard before Sketch blacked out.

"Sketch you okay...SKETCH!" She called out as the medical ponies started to appear and tend to the wounded and hurt. small force start to tend to the wound and help the medical ponies the best they could.

Dunder Blust stopped mid flight and turned to look back at Rainbow Dash. He held up his sword to symbolize his fellow pegasus to stop. they all psued and hovered behind him. Dunder was watching the scene unfold in front of him. Dunder watched the unicorn do some crazy stuff and destroy the huge beast. Dunder flew a little bit forward to get a closer look hen a piece of metal flew right past his face. He leaned back and looked at his soldiers. "Turtle." He said as the other pegasi around him formed a 360 degree shield wall.

They all kept watching the fight unfold when he saw his soldiers on the front line. "Move out! We need to support our guys on hoof." Dunder said as he showed them the direction with his sword. "Forward!" He cried out before leading his soldiers back to their unit. Their unit was taking light casualties from their discipline, training, and experience. Their morale boosted greatly when Dunder returned with the reinforcements.

When they routed the enemy, all of Dunder's soldiers started cheering. All Dunder could think about is telling the families of the fallen their loved one's fate. He looked back at all the soldiers cheering... he knew there would be a party. There would be plenty of time then to drown his sorrows. He sat down on the floor, ignoring Rainbow Dash's scream. He took off his helmet slowly and set it down next to him as he zoned out on the ground.

Sketch was gently helped up by RD and gently walked to the gathering medical ponies and anyone that could help them. Those able to moved back and were treated by the medical ponies as The uninjured started to help move the injured back to them. RD and A fellow Help carry Sketch Until he awoke again due to them Laying him down on a temporary cot Set up for the non-critical injured ponies. Sketch watched about as he rested for the moment. His head throbbed, his muscles ached, and the mid day sun didn't help much as a A shadow flew over head. Rd and the other had returned to helping the other injured. But as sketch rolled out of the cot somepony landed in front of him.

"S...s...Sketch!" The bat wing pegasus tackled him over the cot much to the shock of a passing nurse. The pegasus mare cried happily as she held him tight and nuzzled affectionately as Sketch winced in pain and happiness as He weakly held her back nuzzling slowly. The pair laid there for sometime in happy bliss as the mare held and was held by a stallion she cared for so much. And the feeling was returned as they lay there his pain and aching vanished with her touch, the nuzzling washed away his weakness, and strengthen him to allow him to slowly stand with her. The mare happily kept nuzzling into his neck and head. Her tears rolled down her cheek, as she was held close and though He nuzzled back his eyes wonder about him and pulled her back.

"Please My darling I must help Go do what you can with the other pegasus to find our other knights still alive. I will still be here when we finish my love..." He smiled warmly as He gently wiped away a tear from her cheek.

"O...okay Sketch...but.." the pegasus drew close and bonked heads with the unicorn (she was careful not to hit him on his horn), but the blow dazed him in his weaken state. "You ever do that again mister I will so going to tan your hide!" she barked and smiled cutely after Sketch blinked in surprise as she took to the air. He smiled and rubbed his muzzle as his eyes watch her fly with the able Pegasus searching for Survivors. He move towards the battlefield and spotted Dunder staring off towards the distance. He slowly made his way towards him , and sat next to him.

"You know if it wasn't for you and your other pegasus I don't think we could have turn the tide in our favor...." He sat as Several Medical ponies and pegasus wonder about the battlefield. "Thank you Captain, I think the Royal Sisters would wish to speak with you and your ponies who helped save Canterlot from it doom from that horrid horde" He tried to smile but it faded as he Looked over the field with him. "There sacrifice will not be in vain, and we will take back our once proud nation, I know this to be the truth because In the darkest hour Your troop shown us a light of hope that there are others out there. Other resisting other fighting this evil or laying in wait, biding their time for the moment to strike. WE have to find the other gather our strength back and push back from this evil. What do You say? Your up for it captain?"

Dunder Blust sat there, doublefacehoofing. He couldn't believe the latest casualty report. They had lost 23 men, he was left with 37 ponies not including himself. He couldn't believe that he was at about one tenth the strength of what he started. He felt like he had let his soldiers down how much of them had died. All those ponies who died and all their deaths reddened his hooves, all their deaths weighed his heart down more and more. He almost felt like the tears could have slipped out his eyes, but right then somepony else took their place next to him.

He looked up at the pony as the other pony spoke. When Sketch was done speaking, Dunder shifted his gaze back over the battlefield. "I don't want to fight anymore. But I know that you need me.... I'll keep fighting...." Dunder said. He felt closer to death the more and more his unit ran out of other ponies to die. "Also, who are the Royal Sisters?" Dunder asked as he looked at Sketch.

Sketch's eyes over the battlefield and gently taps the ground as he spoke. "Well of Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna, of course my brother. You have been outside Canterlot until now You have seen the front lines.... Your input will help us choose our next battle wisely." His smiled faded as he bows his head and closes his eyes again.

"In the name of the royal sisters, I honor those fallen today, may their spirits find peace within the great halls of the heroes past. Be at peace my brothers and sister, You have won the battle, and until we see each other again. It will be know you watch over us all, without fear, without worry, without question."

Sketch lifted his head and brought his hoof over his chest and then saluted as a single tear rolled down his cheek. A nearby Earth pony wearing similar armor as Sketch, bowed her head and tap the ground. She repeated Sketch actions and words, and as she spoke those words another and another of the Knight that survived the battled Saluted those that fell that day. Sketch watched A they gathered the wounded and the fallen had been buried. Sketch and Dunder watch with grim expressions upon their faces and When the gather of the troop finish their task and the Medical ponies start to moved the healed and recovering back to Canterlot a cheer could be heard from all the way back to Canterlot, as news of victory spread and the cheers and thunderous stomping of hooves shook the very earth they stood upon.

"What are your orders Sir Sketch?" A Battered earth pony asked as he saluted both Dunder and Sketch. And as Fireworks of magic flew skywards happily over Canterlot, Sketch smiled softly.

"Let us return to Canterlot to regroup and plan our next strike against the darkness my brother, And while we rest Be with those you have fought so bravely for and honor those that cannot do so themselves." Sketch Spoke calmly and gently Join the formation of 43 ponies, Rainbow Dash Zoomed over head towards canterlot as the firework continued to burst and in a thunderous sonic rainboom burst across the sky. The remaining Knights marched proudly back towards home, proud not because they won the battle and turned the tide of this war, but because they fought side by side by each that fell today.

Dunder ran his hoof through his mane. "No, my soldiers just did what they do best. If we or if we didn't give you a morale boost.... I'll get reinforcements.... somewhere else. But, for now, we can support you. Although, it doesn't seem like we're in the shape to attack...." Dunder said as he glanced back at the knights trotting back to Canterlot. They all looked like they had been dragged through the mud and slapped around a bit. Of course, these ponies knew how to fight. They were all trained and experienced fighters.

"Anyway, Sketch. I am allowed to go see the Royal Sisters? I'd love if you'd lead me to them." Dunder said with a smile. He stood up. "Soldiers!" He cried out to his ponies, resting. They all turned to look at him. "Go to Canterlot and enjoy life... You deserved to live, ever single one of you. All of you go and enjoy it." Dunder said. He looked away from them as they all stood up and joined the march to Canterlot. He sat back down next to Sketch.

The return of Canterlot was a time of much joy and celebration, Ponies of all kinds cheer and stomp the ground as the main gates open for the few surviving ponies returning home. Sketch and Dunder walked in front but Sketch held his head lower as the cheer and stomping were for him or his ponies, but victory came at a great cost. The Rainbow dash and her flight flew about happily in a victory formation. When they came to the courtyard The remain were surrounded By all sides as Sketch stamped his hoof. His head rise high as He Rised a hoof to silence the cheering and stomping of the crowd.

"It was here we showed this darkness our might, We showed them that In our time of need that our strength knows no bounds, But this victory came at a great cost, a great deal of lives were lost today. Honor those here today and Honor those that are no longer with us, The stallions and mares that gave their lives so that Canterlot can remain, SO that pony kind can remain. Honor The fallen , and remember that without them We would not be here today!" Sketch spoke with a calm tone but a single tear rolled down his cheek as He finished. He bowed his head again and tapped his hoof to the stone path. "I honor those fallen, for they are without fear, without worry, and without question"

The Crowd looked to each other and tapped the ground giving everyone that wasn't, a moment of silence. When the moment had past Sketh turned to his ponies and smiled warmly. "Dismiss, return home and rest, you have earn it..." Sketch watched as his ponies burst in cheering and neighing happily as a row of mares and stallion stood their distance away. A few still search the remaining for loved ones that hadn't heard word of. Sketch gently talked to his second for a moment. A grim look upon his face and nodded as it vanished for his face.

"Yes sir, I will gather them.." Sketch's second nodded and ran off to his new orders, as Sketch sat in the now thinning courtyard, THe gathering OF ponies started to form about the sat Sketch Knight. His eyes to the ground until all were gathered. Each was of the families of lost knights. Of mothers, fathers, brothers, lovers, sisters, and friends, Sketch Looked to each with a rare sight of emotion as He stood and snapped to attention. He saluted each and lower his head to each. "I honor you all, for without your sacrifice...." Sketch suddenly choked on his words as the eyes of those looking at him were too much. "I honor....your families..." A sword slowly appeared in front of the group, It was Sketches blade it had ancient letter etched into the blade. "Please touch my Blade, for I will honor your names as well as our nation's. Now and forever, As long as this blade is use for justice and the right it will burn with a fire unthinkable by anypony. A cry mare mother shook from her recent lost of her son. "Bravehoof will always been within me and he will be here too.." her hoof touched the blade and a green flame flicked about her hoof with a soothing feeling as the mare blinked to the flame. But as the flame touch the blade Bravehoof's name written in an ancient lettering etched into the steel. Sketch Bowed his head as He mumbled A few words as a series of bracelet placed in front of every family member. "For As Long as your wear these They will watch over you and In a time of great need They will protect you with all there might. For it is this day I am honor to served side by side with your loved ones...." His words simply faded away as each touched his sword and looked to him. A mare gently walked up to him weeping for a lost lover, she press to his chest pounding onto his chest pieces as she cried.

"Why couldn't you save him....Why couldn't you save him.." He gently wrapped about the mare trying to comfort her in her sorrowful spite towards him. She dropped to her rump as a family member gently gather the weeping mare. Sketch bowed his head and tapped the ground with a whisper. "upon this earth I will continue the fight in, not only the name of all pony kind, But in the name of those fallen today. And it will be here I will build a monument for those that gave their lives so that we may live on." As the last would touch his sword it, lifted to the air and slashed magically high above them. The magic that empowered his sword glowed different every time he asked for this. His swords was enchanted to strengthen by the strength of those fallen by his side, and Not from trapping their souls or draining them, but by asking for the fallen spirits to lean their strength when it was needed. May it be In the form of other swords in his powerful attack or to Shield other ponies with magical shields or to enchant their armor. Though this strength still drains Sketch of his magical might, It can dangerously powerful against a foe. Though as the swords swirled and slashed in the air above each saw their loved ones with the sword.

"Your strength Invigorates us all, stand proud to have known, lived, and loved those gone from this world, For it is you I draw strength from, as do us all. To protect you is the single greatest honor I can give to them.." he snapped to attention as three Knights, fresh from the medical ward snapped to attention.

"Without fear, without worry, and without question..." each said in unison before tapping the ground with their front hooves. The sword slowly lowered to the glow again and Sketch Gripped it in his maw. the glow vanished with a crackling of static. He sheathed the blade, to turn to see a small colt sniffing from his recently lost but stood tall as a small colt could and saluted him with a whimpering voice his words echoed in his mind and brought a soft smile to his face.

"I want to help Commander!" His mother shocked looked gathered the colt close and scowled him softly making the colt whince and sink into his mother quietly.

"You may help little one, honor your father and protect your family.An one day when you are old enough You will stand proud to have known him." He smiled as a Small buckler appears in front of the colt. Protect them with all your might little one. THe mother looked with a softer expression as the colt took the shield and brighten his mood and nodded.

"Without fear, without...." the small colt was loss for the words as her mother whispered something into his ear. "Without fear, without Worry, and without question, I will defend my family" The Colt slipped the buckler over his front hoof, and stood proudly.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunder followed Sketch, to be honest he didn't know where else to go. As Sketch dismissed the other soldiers, Dunder felt an overwhelming want to go home too... Though, he knew he couldn't. He had to stay there and fight like he promised he would. He was just happy he wasn't among the casualties.

When Sketch gave the speech, Dunder didn't feel hyped up. The stress of having to bear the casualties in his unit was to high to just be relieved with words. He felt lonely and sad... the rest of his unit was already gone and out partying or six feet under. When Sketch dismissed all the soldiers, Dunder didn't follow. He wanted to stay with Sketch, he couldn't face any soldier that was in his unit or in sketch's army.

When Dunder followed Sketch along for the rest of his time, absent minded listening to most of what was going on. Though, when he listened to the mother or lover crying, Dunder couldn't stand it. He took in a deep breath when the colt was in Sketch's attention. Dunder turned to face the colt, the colt's bravery and willingness to fight was a valuable trait... just he was too young. Dunder couldn't help but look at the colt with sorrow, now knowing was was in store for the small colt.

After Sketch was done talking to all the ponies, Dunder walked over to him and stood beside him. "We need to go do something not related to war.... any ideas?" Dunder asked his fellow knight. Not sure how the pony would react or what he would say. Though, he wanted to get to know Sketch better, this pony seemed interesting.