Summer In Hoofington

SeaSkies

Sea Skies flew low over the beach, her hooves gently sweping through the soft sand. She smiled as she swurved lightly and hit the sea, flinching alittle at the cold water on her legs. She turned her head up towards the early morning sun and sighed happily. something good was in the air today she could feel it, she flew up higher to get a better look at the horizon, it was clear, not a cloud anywhere. A great day in Hoofington and a day of smooth sailing for anypony on the sea that day.

A mild, wrm breeze picked up blowing the sweet smell of the ice cream shop over to her. 'never too early for a snack' she said to herself quietly as she let her wings take her over to the entarance of the ice cream shop.

Klutz was curled up in the warm sand, resting after a particularly long race with her dove, Sable.

A wing shielded her eyes from the strong sunlight, and the sand was the perfect temperature to nap.. She wondered, as she drifted off into dreamland, why didn't ponies nap on the beach everyday?

Sable flew in circles around the pure white pegasus mare, irritated that she wouldn't play anymore.

The beach, finally the beach!

The young filly seemed to be unable to stop jumping and prancing while the sand hit her hooves and legs, and her giggles could be heard miles away. Everytime she had a bigger slip, she would simply let out a lower squeak and keep going as if nothing had happened. Over the top of a dune, she filled her lungs with the sea breeze and the wonderful scent that came from it and let out a loud "I'm the queen of Equestriaaaa!". With the last word, she jumped up and landed on her rear, which wasn't very smart on a dune ... With her weight, the dune collapsed and she slid down to the closest spot, screaming all the way as she did it. At first, she couldn't stop laughing to herself. But when she opened her eyes, she saw a pair of ponies talking and her screams turned into something with the biggest touch of panic as she hit the short tailed dark blue pony.

SeaSkies turned around tp see a very exited young filly who had just landed on top of her. "hello" she laughed at the little Filly's expression which was half exitement half paniced. "that was some landing !". She stood up using her muzzle to prop up the younger pony as well. " you got a name -" her smile widened as she remembered all the shouting from behind her. "- or should i simply refer to you as the queen of Equstia ?" flicking her wings alittle to shake off the sand.

Sable twittered happily as the white pegasus mare opened an eye grumpily. "Wuzgoinon?" She wasn't pleased at being disturbed, although opening her eyes fully she saw a filly and a pegasus mare like herself.

She yawned and stood up, shaking the sand from her coat. Huh, she hadn't seen these ponies around here. Then again, she was never really home to begin with, so that could explain it. "Hi, my name's Klutz. Who are you guys?" Sable pecked the ditzy mare's head and tweeted angrily. "Ow! Okay okay, that's my bird, Sable. She's a dove. An annoying one, at that," Klutz grumbled sleepily, holding out a hoof to shake the others', and receiving another few sharp drills on her head from the bird. Eesh, that bird was so touchy sometimes.

The filly shook her head with her eyes shut, and then finally managed to realize what she had just bumped into. However, her smile was soon back on her muzzle. "Hey! My name is Carousel. What's yours?", she said with a giggle, shaking the sand out of her purple coat almost like a puppy. "Sorry about that, I seem to have a sugar rush again. Why can't I sell my lollipops instead of eating them?", she then added right away, her attention span kicking in again.

She then turned to the white coated mare. "Klutz? What a cool name! It reminds me of some sort of music beat.", she said, her hooves showing what her words meant as she trotted on her spot.

Klutz giggled and pointed a hoof back at her cutie mark. "Music sounds about right, I'm a singing teacher around these parts. I live here, yep yep! Although I don't really stay here often." she raised a hoof to her chin and tapped it, seemingly lost in thought. "I like to travel and meet new friends!"

She flapped her wings once and stretched, losing her balance and almost falling back into the sand. "Oopsie. What do you do on the beach?"

Her attention shifted to Carousel. "You sell lollipops? That's so cool! Do you make them yourself? Do you have to taste them before you sell them? What an awesome job!"

Klutz may have been a mare in age, but she was a filly at heart, and often she got shoved aside due to her energetic, hyper, foalish nature.

With her attention span kicking again, Carousel turned to SeaSkies and smiled. "No, I rarely come to the beach. I prefer staying at the county fairs!", she said, lifting one of her hind legs to show her cutie mark with a lollipop coloured like her mane. Using that same hoof, she scratched her ear, letting out a puff of sand jump out of her ear. Shaking her head, she then turned her attentions to Klutz. "Yes, I do make them myself indeed!", she said, trying to look at her horn obviously with no success. "I use my magic to mix and match every single ingredient, then I take all of those candies to the fairs."

Sketch Gently trotted along the path leading the coastline, his patrol would be finished once he walks along the coast Though He normally wears his royal plate armor it was far to warm and sunny to warrant such armor, so A specially designed leather breast plate formed over his chest as the stallion walked over the dune and took a deep breath as the sea breeze brushed over his face and coat with a salty mist. Sketch simply smiled as He opened his eyes again and slowly peered over the scene. He Noticed the three cheerful mare sitting about the sand near the waterline. With his eyes to the far end of the coastline near the rocky bluffs. He spots one of his other knights clad in the same leather armor as he. With a Smile, a wave, and Sketch's wave is returned. As the other knight turned about and disappeared into the rocky bluffs many paths, Sketch slowly moved down the dune carefully as his eyes watched the world around him.

He came into view of the other ponies as he stood atop the closest dune to them His eyes slowly scanned left to right. The Painted Unicorn stood taller than most stallions and was of brown and white. His slender physique showed his military training, And with lightly tanned leather armor only confirm that fact he was a solider, but the symbol on his breastplate showed both the sun and the moon in a merged icon. his eyes looked to the ponies again when they saw him and he smiled warmly and took one step before the sand gave way too much and he rolled wildly down the dune. When he reach the foot of the dune his body surprisingly sprang upwards and He skillfully landed on his hooves with a expression of both surprise of the dune giving way and the how he was able to land on his hooves again like he did. Sketch blinked and shook his mane of sand as it fell from his coat as well. HIs eyes turned that he had land in front the trio with a clearing of his throat. "I meant to do that..." He mumbled as He looked about to see if any other saw what happen to the blushing stallion.

"I did not expect ponies to be out and about this early? I hope everything is alright this morning?" The blushing Unicorn straighten his pose and cooled his blushing as he swished the sand from his tail.

" i love lollipops, anything sweet really, i'm so bad about it" laughed Sea Skies guiltily, "so what brings you to Hoofinton them ?" She sutrned to Klutz "WHeres your music school i didn't know there was one in town ! But then again, i'm preety tied to this beach, working in the lighthouse. Either of you got family here ?"

Seaskies reeled around at the comotion behind her and laughed "seems everyone is taking a tumble today ! I'm Seaskies and this is Carousel and Kultz, and Kultz pet dove Sable" She said pointing to everypony ( and bird) in turn. " WHo are you ? yet another new face ! But is Kultz is anypony to go by, i'm not too great at knowing who lives in my own town" she laughed lightly.