[Canterlot] Falsely Accused (open)

sevofthesands

Eagle Eye Was contemplating Where he went wrong. when he and his three brothers went on vacation to Canterlot he thought it would do them some good. but now here he was in a cell with his brother Lucky Chance, Wine&Dine and Show&Tell waiting for the somepony to tell them whats going on.

"Ok... What have you Three done now!?!" Eagle asked while he paced up and down

"i swear bro they got me before the game even started i had no time to cheat anypony" said Lucky Eagles's cardshark and conpony gambler of a brother

"And that nice mare bought this watch for me of her own volition" said Wine&Dine the Charmer and gourmet of the family also a conpony.

"That's reassuring" Eagle said sarcastically as he tried to calm down.

"all i did was get a apple bro i did not even steal it or anything else for that matter." said the youngest brother Show&Tell the Salespony of the family and the kleptomaniac of the family. Eagle looked at his brothers and said

"i'm not sure if i can believe you guys being the liars and cheats you are" Eagle said as he brothers all shrugged with mischievous smiles or looks of guilt. that's when Eagle heard the door across the room open and somepony walk in.

"ok let me do the talking." Eagle said hoping to salvage whats left of the vacation.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiant Steel gave a sigh. After some complaints from ponies she had allegedly "harassed" on her usual night guard watch at the castle, her superiors had moved her to a new task. Looking after some of the holding cells at one of the REA facilities. This was boring for her. She was more about action. She loved finding lawbreaking ponies and bringing them to justice herself, not looking after petty criminals somepony else had apprehended just to make sure they didn't break out somehow.

She shook her head as she entered one of the holding rooms and approached the cell inside She could see four ponies inside of it. She looked at them all. They ranged in age from a few years younger than Radiant to a few years older. The oldest looking was a red unicorn, the youngest she could see a yellow earth pony; there was also a white-coated earth pony, but the fourth was in a dark part of the cell where she couldn't get a very good look at him.

"Looks like nothing's amiss here," Radiant said, nodding as she examined the cell. No evidence of any escape plan or items they had failed to confiscate having made it into the cell somehow. "Please, stay where you are and don't try anything funny. It'll make everything easy for everypony that way."

((ooc: sorry for the delays in posting like I said I would. I wasn't sure what approach I wanted to go with at first. :) )

Wine perked up upon seeing the guard was actually a cute mare. he pushed Eagle out of the way to try to charm the mare

"Well hello there miss." he aid putting on his self proclaimed smile that melted Manehatten "you see me and my brothers have been put in here. now whatever we may or may not have done is not important right now. what is, is that a such a beautiful mare is so kind and sweet as to let us out." then he added "then you and i can go get some dinner later." he said with a wink, while Eagle just groaned, Lucky Facehoofed and Show could barely contain his laughter.

Why had she ended up in there? Why ?! She thought that pottery piece had been abandoned to its own luck, and that she could take it to her own collection. It was beautiful indeed, and she couldn't believe somepony had just left it in the streets of Canterlot so abandoned. But as she comproved later, it belonged to a very grumpy old farmer that didn't want to let go of it, not even for a bag full of bits. She had ended up in that dirty dark cell, with no crime comitted at all. And how could they throw a mare AND her one month old foal into that place where criminals belonged ? She was in the wrong place. Definitely.

She lowered her head, looking at her baby son Boombox, that was sleeping like he didn't know what was going on. And she was glad he knew nothing about it, because if he did, he would be crying at the top of his lungs. She sighed once again, and started mumbling a song that echoed all over the prison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFwW8eAy4U

(mind if I join in? this looks like an interesting rp to show the guard side of Strife)

Strife pranced about the prison corridors, since the princess required no direct protection, and Strife always wanted to do something during this time, she had been tasked by her captain to patrol during this time, in the dungeon to be exact. she trotted past the prison cells, until she heard somepony mumble a song, she peeked into the cell and saw a mother with her young foal, her heart dropped, but knowing it was her royal duty too not submit to thieves in anyway, ''keep it quiet in there'' she noted harshly before ignoring the mare and continuing her patrolling, meeting up with Rediant Steel at some point during her patrol, she noticed she was being talked to as if she was some kind of pony you could just bribe, Strife couldn't help but smirk as she bowed her head in greeting, it was a custom she had to all her fellow guard colleagues, no matter what unit they were from or what rank, in the end they had the same goal.. at least, so she asumed.

Radiant was very much taken aback by the words spoken to her by the unicorn. Her cheeks flushed a little as she stepped back.

"W-what are you doing?" she started with a small stutter. "Do you understand the situation at all? Y-you really think that sort of tactic is going to work?"

She gave a frazzled cough and then nodded resolutely. "Well it won't! My loyalties cannot be bought so easily!" she ultimately finished in a raised voice.

At about that moment, somepony in a nearby cell started to sing a rather eerie song. Radiant became further unnerved until she heard one of her fellow guards shout for the prisoner to quiet. This guard, continued her rounds, until she crossed paths with Radiant. She was named Strife, if Radiant recalled. She was affiliated with the Lunar Guard, sworn to Princess Luna. Radiant still wasn't entirely sure how to feel about the Lunar Guard. Ponies who swore themselves to Princess Luna before even Princess Celestia; it felt somewhat uncomfortable to her. In the unlikely event that any sort of friction ever developed between the royal sisters, this pony could end up her enemy. Of course, Radiant didn't have anything against this pony personally. On the contrary, Strife was also a fellow mare in the Guard, and a similar age and rank to Radiant herself which made her somepony Radiant could relate to.

She bowed her head back to the other guardspony and shook her head. "Can you believe what the prisoners think they can get away with?" she commented with a sigh.

Wine smiled slyly

"you say no but i saw that MMMPH-." he was cut off by Lucky who had a hoof to his mouth

"go ahead and speak Eagle i'll distract LoverColt here." he said as he dragged Wine away as Eagle looked at both of them and sighed

"they will be the death of me.." he looked up to see the guards still there Eagle straightened himself up and put on a calm gaze "excuse me ma'ms first i would like to apologize for my brother secondly could one of you possibly tell me what me and my brothers are accused of?" his face one of a lawyers. he hoped they would not be too nasty to them

(sorry if I break post order)

Strife nodded fiercly at Radiant ''been there, they seem to have no idea that such things will only make there time in prison evenless enjoyable'' she sighed ''how far can a pony fall''

"excuse me ma'ms first i would like to apologize for my brother secondly could one of you possibly tell me what me and my brothers are accused of?"

''no I do not, and I do not care, for whoever put you here has had his/her reasons, I am just to make sure you do not try anything funny like your brother'' her face turned from neutral to strict, and she pointed a hoof at Wine ''things like that will make sure that the only ones that want to eat dinner with you will be one of your brothers'' she smirked, having heard what he said to Radiant before ''so watch your tongue''

The mare got up slowly when she was told to be quiet, looking sadly through the cell's bars. She didn't even need to say anything: her eyes said it all, and she just held her tears because nopony that had kept her incarcerated like that deserved to see her tears and a sign of defeat. She just couldn't show what truly was going through her mind and heart, specially because of her baby son that was still asleep on her side baby carrier. "Excuse me miss ... But could you please tell me what is going to happen to us? I need to feed my baby and they took my saddlebag away ...", she said, not managing to hold a tear that fell down from her already watery eyes.

Radiant watched the antics of the four incarcerated stallions. So they were all brothers? Their bickering made her think of her own brothers. Her and Dagger often bickered like that in their youth. Damask would often have to play the part of a mediator for them. It brought her back watching them, even if she wasn't going to show it.

"That's right. They don't tell us anything. Did the one responsible for your arrest really tell you nothing?" Radiant started, as she looked at the brothers. She could see where Strife was coming from, but at the same time it didn't seem right to her if they truly didn't know what they were in for, especially since it had been hammered into her during training to always make the charges perfectly clear when she had somepony arrested. "That's a major breach of protocol. We're supposed to announce the charges prior to apprehending anypony."

Radiant glanced to the far cell on the other side where the singing mare was held. She seemed to be asking for attention, wanting to feed her baby foal. It was hard not to feel sympathies when a foal was involved. She wasn't even aware that foals were to be incarcerated with their mother. Was that common protocol? It seemed heartless. Radiant silently looked toward Strife, hoping she better knew what to do. The other guardsmare seemed better adjusted to being a prison guard. She likely had more experience with this.

(inform me if theres any particular post order you guys want to keep, or just post whenever you can make a quality/important one, I guess)

Strife eyed Radiant over ''your right, it doesn't really add up that they do not know, or maybe its just an act'' Strife eyed the pony behind the prison bars over completely''I guess we could look them up though'' she decided to be more relaxed, because this pony was more polite then his brother before him.

then she heard the question a few cells away, and walked over.. ''Who put you in there?! why where you put in there!?'' she basically yelled when she noticed the poor little foal ''Foals don't belong in prison!'' she exclaimed, and ran toward the prisoner property box, grabbed the only pair of saddlebags in the box, and opened the cell door with the key she had in her armor's attached bag. she stood in the opening though, carefully watching whatever the mare would do, one suspecious move and Strife would be on top of her, for she still had to get an answer.

whilst everything was happening Lucky had managed to use a Lockpick that he hid in his [REDACTED] to pick the lock on the cell door to escape then shut the door on his brothers where he had sauntered over to the Mare where kneeled down then to look at them.

"Eagle... Article 3 Lines 10-15 of the Royal Guards code and rules tell me what it says.." Eagle looked startled but said the gist of what he remembered from reading law texts.

"umm all foals of incarcerated individuals are to be given to the other parent or a legal guardian until the individual is released and if no legal guardian is found the foal is given to social services until the parent is released." Lucky nodded and stared at the guards a fire in his eyes.

"something is not right here" Lucky said "somepony is abusing the rules and that needs to stop." Eagle looked at his brother and returned to stare at the 2 guards

"i'm going to have to agree with my brother Brash as he may seem he is right, and further more we had just arrived in Canterlot and we have not had a chance to do anything wrong."

The mare let aother tear roll down his eye, and then got ready to tell her story. "I am an old art collector, and I found a beautiful golden pot in one of the streets of Canterlot. I thought it had no owner, but after all it did, and he didn't accept my bits for that amazing piece, so when he called for the guards and they took me away, without even asking what was the problem.", she said, lowering her head once she said the last few words. She knew that it wasn't supposed to happen with the Canterlot guards, but still she had felt her heart drop when she was dragged to that dark cell with her son. She then lifted her head when the female guard brought her her saddlebags, and tried to make a smile be born on her muzzle. "Thank you so much about my saddlebags, Miss!", she said, picking them up slowly with her mouth.

Radiant gave a nod as the mare told her story. "I imagine, that they'll let you go in the morning. There really is no reason to keep you here. If this stallion still wants to press charges, the matter will likely have to then be settled in court."

The white pegasus mare then turned and glared at the brothers, particularly the one who had just broken from his cell. "As for you, I no longer have to look up your charges to know at least one crime you're guilty of." She scowled as she stepped toward them. "How arrogant must you be to pick your locks while not one, but two guards are present! Or did you not realize it was highly criminal to breech your cell?"

Strife turned around an ice cold gaze fixed on the brother outside of the cell ''get back in your cell... NOW!'' Strife walked toward the brother threateningly ''make it easier for yourself..'' the gaurdsmare lost all of her kindness in the passing of a second, and would take on the right as a guard to force the prisoner if it wouldn't budge at a command, so she came ever closer.

Lucky stood up with a look of pure defiance and glared so they could see the fire in his eyes.

"the only crime i'm guilty of is escaping from false imprisonment cause as far as i know We have done nothing wrong!" the other brothers nodded at this even Eagle could not refute Lucky when he was like this.

"while i don't agree with my brothers methods he is right we have done nothing wrong as i said we just arrived in town." Eagle Said in a calming tone hoping not to set off the proverbial powder keg

Timid Star (Check log for description), was shivering in the dark cell, completely terrified by the angry guards and the tense situation rapidly reaching a flash point. He didn't understand why he was in adult prison and not being held in juvenile custody but that was beside the point. He cried, "This isn't fair! I am taking the fall for somepony else!", and it was true. The only reason he was in here was because the real culprit managed to evade capture and Timid was apprehended by mistake because he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. His dog had been hurt in the arrest by an unkind guard giving him a hard boot into a wall.

"Come on! Let me out! You know I am not supposed to be in here! This is illegal and improper care and imprisonment of a foal! PLEEASE!", Timid screamed as his mouth scrunched up and he exploded into tears as he lay on the cold stone floor if the cell and cried.

The mare put her saddlebags down and then picked her sleepy foal up with her left wing, rocking him gently. With her free hooves, she opened her saddlebags and took a bottle that still had warm milk inside, since she had asked a unicorn to heat it for her. She gently woke her foal up and lead the bottle to his mouth, rocking him gently as he fed. She then caught sight of a small pony in the cell right in front of her, and her heart dropped. It was just a little foal, older than her own of course, but still it made her feel extremely sad. She just hoped the guards would notice such a mistake ...

Radiant noticed another sudden cry from another nearby cell. She glanced toward that cell and who was inside it. A very young colt? Now she could feel her anger start to climb.

"Just who is making arrests in this city?!" Radiant said in a raised voice. She looked toward Strife. "Is it always like this? Arresting mother's with their foals and young colts? Elsewhere we're arresting ponies without bothering to even tell them why?"

"This is not how it should work! Whoever is doing this deserves the sharpest reprimand!" the red-maned pegasus continued to display her indignation. She couldn't believe it. She got chewed out for the slightest mistake on the job. Was that all just because she was a respected officer's daughter? Suddenly she was full of all kinds of doubt

"However," Radiant came down from her rant to glare at the stallion who had breeched his cell. "Even if mistakes have in fact been made, which in your case I'm still not convinced given the behavior I've so far seen, escaping from your cell is a criminal act! If you truly have no reason for being here, you will be set free when this is proven. For now, however, no one is free to go anywhere."

Hearing the guard's rant, Timid got up on his hooves and came into the light, showing his small, frail looking metallic gold body showing some signs of the rough handling he had received. Several large bruises and a darkened, puffy eye, with a bloody snout being the most visible of injuries. He hoped they would see his physical condition and let him free on his own recognizance but knew that was a long shot now that one of the brothers had breached his cell.

Hearing that no one was going to be released, his eyes started welling up again and his black eye started to hurt more as he said in a tine of despair, "Look what the arresting guards did to me! I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and besides, do any of you think I look strong enough to have damaged the fountain in Canterlot Square? Okay, I may be a unicorn, but still... Aren't I little too young to be powerful enough to do things like that? Seriously!? You have the wrong colt." He was hurting pretty bad as he whimpered in pain inside his cell.

''NONE of you are leaving, is that understood?" Strife spoke with a demanding and threatening tone ''now, I understand your concern, but code dictates me and my fellow guard here, to not release you until your guild has been proven non-existant, simple words, your not leaving ti'll we know who DID do it.'' she turned her attention to the brother ''back in your cell, no who's no why's no what's, in NOW'' she then took a writing feather from her bag, took it in her mouth and started writing down the notes of what happened here today, she then turned to the mother and her foal ''for you, I only have to check if your story is true, if it is your free to go, if its not, you'll be here for a while and your foal while go to the father or to an appropriate residence until your release''

Lucky Laughed darkly at the two guards threats turning to look at them he said

"as far as i can tell i am the only one who has commited a crime now you WILL let everypony else out and then i will go back in otherwise we have problems as for your commands... i doubt you can do all that much to me."

​Eagle britsled at the increasingly tense situation

"please don't be to rough on him he is not a bad pony just different." Eagle said

Looking at the young colt, he did look bad and his story did sound like it might have merit. If so, that was unfortunate. Strife seemed to be ready with a rebuttal though. It was sad that they'd have to keep such a young pony there, but she had no way to know if he was truly innocent. It wasn't their job to decide innocence or guilt.

"as far as i can tell i am the only one who has commited a crime now you WILL let everypony else out and then i will go back in otherwise we have problems as for your commands... i doubt you can do all that much to me."

The stallion outside his cell started, as if he was challenging the other pony. Radiant's eyes widened. Was she imagining things, or did this upstart stallion really have to nerve to talk to her in such an arrogant fashion?

"Oh? Do you really want to test me?!" Radiant shouted, stepping toward the pony. "I'd be more than happy to show you exactly what I can do to you! Judging by how this place is run, I doubt I'd even get reprimanded for it."

Timid looked at the Lunar Guard prison guard mare with staring eyes that seemed to ask, "Are you going to use me as a punching bag too?".

He then looked at the red unicorn inside the cell next to him and asked, "Mr. Eagle? Does being abused by the arresting guards when you haven't even resisted arrest yet make that arrest illegal?". He then opened his saddlebag that had been searched already snd pulled out his magic homework. "May I have a pen to do my studies with?", he asked Radiant in a fearful tone.

Strife looked at stallion outside of his celland laughed mockingly ''dont be a fool, I'll break you in less then a second, and I WILL if you do not get back in there'' a typical wicked Lunar guards grin appeared on her face ''you've just given us all the right to use a forceful approach on you, so last chance.. I dont know what you are brave or foolish, but eitherway your at the end of the line'' she approached the stallion, the shaking of the armour she was wearing un-nerving the silence ''or do you want your brothers to visit you in the hospital?''

she seemingly ignored the foal behind bars, although she didn't feel like letting him stay, she couldn't let him go just like that, she couldn't anyone.. even if she wanted to, it disgusted her really, how un-thankful these ponies are when you stick your neck out for them in an attempt to get them out, she could've just ignored them.