[Canterlot] Falsely Accused (open)

sevofthesands

"so this is the road you two want ta go down huh? Fine but it won't be me in the hospital i have taken on drunks and criminals twice your size and twice as armored. So make the first move i dare ya!" Lucky said with defiance and a certain Robin Hoodish charm

Eagle watched his brother till he heard the little foal ask him

"Well any brutality towards a suspect gives them a edge during the trial for getting it dismissed but there's nothing i can do to get you out of here currently." feeling a sympathy towards the foal as he reminded him of himself as a foal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiant glared at the pony who continued to stand off against her, not backing down. She shook her head. Strife meanwhile seemed even more ready to pummel on the stallion than her. She didn't know what to make of that. She was used to being the brash hothead who thought with her hooves first. Could this pony in the guard with an even worse temper? Maybe she could stand to diffuse things a little? Pure force in this situation might be bad...

"I know what you're trying to do with your little dare. You think that if we throw the first punch they'll throw out your case. You have the other prisoners here, who probably aren't going to be found guilty of anything as viable witnesses. The more me and my colleague unload on you, the worse things look on us," Radiant started as she stepped toward the belligerent stallion. "Hate to tell you, but we're not going to fall for that."

"But if you really do want to fight, then I dare you. Make your first move!" Radiant returned the challenge, standing her ground firmly.

Timid had been watching the exchange between the escapee and the guards and could see that one more little nudge would send everything over the edge. He shivered in fear but managed to keep a straight face as he said, "Please, listen to them. I don't like seeing ponies fight with each other and I don't like bullies either!". He gave a stern look at the guards and the pony that had broken out of his cell. Timid walked back to the rudimentary cot that they had in the cells and laid upon it and began to sing softly a song his mother had taught him when he was scared and alone. He began to feel calmer and smiled as he stared at the ceiling of the cell.

(Song:

Lyrics: Translated into English:

"In a distant town, as the dark grows deep, Unfamiliar words come forth, whispered and weak,

Let me quell the pain, drive away despair, Lead this foal whos lost his way; help him prepare.

While apart, understand, I will live my life for you wherever I am.

Its my greatest wish, to provide for you, Tender moments, sweetest dreams, love, warm and true.

As I close my eyes, even now I see, On his face, that little foal smiles just for me,

If I call, if he hears, Hell turn towards me, free from his fears.

Shine on one dear foal, one so very small, One who carries on alone, strong after all.

Shine on one dear foal, one so very small, One who carries on alone, strong after all.")

The mare couldn't help but to look at the sweet little foal right in front of her cell. In her mind she could just imagine if that was her son Boombox, how she would be feeling. Well terrible of course! She was glad that Boombox was right there next to her, swirming softly in her arms as he nursed from his own bottle. She then had an idea, that could probably calm the little foal down. "Could you please let that poor little foal come to my cell?", she asked looking at the guards, and then looking back at the foal that had been singing, "I can keep him quiet.", and still looking at him, she smiled tenderly.

Strife walked around impatiently, eager to put this stallion on his place, but nonetheless she remained patient, and just like Radiant had, waited for this foolish pony to do something that allowed her to force him to submit, she then heard the mare from earlier break the silence of her mind "Could you please let that poor little foal come to my cell?"

Strife thought, she didn't know if she was even allowed to do that, she looked to Radiant, hoping she would know. it was humiliating for her, that she had forgot alot about her regular guard duties, it should've been okay with her, she was a royal lunar guard, not a dungeon guard, but nonetheless she felt she'd have to know. she turned her mind to Radiant again, giving her a hopeful look that she would know.

Lucky Chuckled at the tactic he had seen many times

"you don't seem to understand that is not my style, you are not the problem with the system so i have no reason to be against you." he sat for a moment still on his guard though as he pulled out his lucky deck of cards and started shuffling them "go ahead and tend to the foal as i see it we are all as pig-headed as each other and are not going to back down." then he smirked at the lunar guard "ain't that right beautiful."

Radiant gave a pained groan. She was getting a serious headache from all of these ponies. It was already pretty clear that prison guard duty wasn't her. She had never missed the drawn out boredom of the late night shift at the palace more than she did at that moment.

With the imprisoned mare's request, she looked toward Strife who seemed unsure about how to proceed. "I'm almost inclined to give her what she wants," Radiant said. "it only in the vain hope it actually will make things quieter."

"That said, breaking with protocol when we're already dealing with unruly prisoners might be a mistake," Radiant added as she looked back toward the combative stallion.

"Oh, so now it's about the system', eh?" Radiant started, not hiding her disgust. "So you're one of those types who has a problem with how Equestria is run then?"

Lucky did not even look up at the mares acusation

"No ... i just have a hatred of pony's who think they can abuse power and get away with it not that you have done that yet..., Manehatten has several districts that have Those types of issues believe me i have seen enough to last a lifetime."

The mare couldn't help but to look at the sweet little foal right in front of her cell. In her mind she could just imagine if that was her son Boombox, how she would be feeling. Well terrible of course! She was glad that Boombox was right there next to her, swirming softly in her arms as he nursed from his own bottle. She then had an idea, that could probably calm the little foal down. "Could you please let that poor little foal come to my cell?", she asked looking at the guards, and then looking back at the foal that had been singing, "I can keep him quiet.", and still looking at him, she smiled tenderly.

Timid stopped singing and turned his head toward the mare cradling her infant foal that had asked for him to be moved into her cell and managed to return her smile before tearing up again. "Yes, please let me be with her, I'll be quiet... I really miss my mom!", he said to the guards in a respectful tone.

Looking at the brother that was still being defiant, his expression shifted to one of exasperation and annoyance as he asked Eagle, "Could you please get your brother to stop this? Imagining the outcome is scaring me!". Timid got off the cot and moved towards the front of the cell and said to the mother, "Thank you. Seeing that little foal in there with you makes me very sad."

"ain't that right beautiful."

Strife growled at the comment, until she heard Radiant ''one things certain'' Strife pointed a hoof at the combative pony ''you aren't getting away with this, you've refused to listen to a royal lunar guard and another regular guard, your dug yourself in deep''

Strife by now had lost the small amount of sympathy she had for the ponies here, so far they've proven a nuisence and probably belong here.

Eagle Just rubbed his temple at this migraine he felt in the side of his head.

"Believe Me i have tried i actually prefer the Gambling addict and cheat that Lucky is compared to the crusader he is right now. while his intentions are good his methods are illegal to put it lightly." ​he then looked at the guards with a quizzical look "Is there no chance you could comply with Lucky? I mean his Goals are good he is just being thick-headed about it." Lucky just laughed "And i will comply to all charges just let everyone else here who is falsely accused go free and i will happily go back in my cell." Lucky said with a grim determination.

"What you don't seem to get is that it's not in my power to decide anypony has been falsely accused, nor do I have the power to let anypony go. I'm not abusing power, I simply lack that power in the first place," Radiant said, staring down at the stallion.

"If you are truly innocent, why not simply wait and let the ponies who do have the power decide? Being difficult about it only makes your case look worse and worse," she added with a grunt.

Eagle Sighed he had enough of this ridiculousness he pointed to the guards

"its obvious your not going to comply to Lucky Sadly Lucky is the same now to resolve this the best way possible you have to trust me and let me out of this cell, i give you my word i will return after i have dealt with Lucky."

Timid had had enough of Lucky's crusader attitude. He quaked with pent up anger as he shouted at Lucky, "WILL YOU JUST GET BACK IN YOUR CELL FOR THE LOVE OF CELESTIA! I AM SICK OF YOUR POSTURING! YOU ARE MAKING THINGS MORE DIFFICULT FOR EVERYPONY ELSE!". His eyes were burning with rage as he turned his withering gaze at Lucky as he flashed his horn in warning.

Strife stood on her hind legs as she stared at Eagle, hearing Timid rant, an idea snapped into her mind.

''oh I dont think so, eagle, I've got a better proposition.'' she turned to face Lucky ''Either you go back into your cage right this instant, or everyone in these cells will just have to spend the rest of their lives within these cells.'' she gave him a cold gaze ''oh and be a good boy and hand over that key before I'm forced to take it with force''

Eagle Looked at them his eyes calm but determined

"Please Trust me. out of everyone here i'm one of the ones who do not want to see anypony hurt so please just open the door and i promise you i will resolve this." his gaze swept over the two guards a gaze that could unnerve most pony's

Radiant sighed. This was truly getting annoying what with the screaming colt and everypony asking to leave their cells. Radiant was quite tired of repeating herself.

"You still, don't get it," Radiant said with a shake of her head. "Opening that cell door without a direct order to do so is entirely out of the question."

"That said, we really don't have the authority to sentence anypony to life behind these bars," Radiant said, turning to Strife, somewhat alarmed by her comments. "And it isn't proper protocol for us to make empty threats."

Eagle sighed the explanation was going to get awkward.

"you don't get it i'm the only one that Lucky actually listens too... i am your only chance this will end peacefully" he looked at both the guards the Lunar guard was a. lost cause but the other one maybe just maybe. "im not asking to break protocol as i know about it but i also know Clause 5 of the rule that in certain situations you can let a prisoner out of his cell, its mainly used for fires or things like that but just pretend its that it is one of those times." what was he saying! he the justice of the family telling somepony to bend the rules but Eagle knew to avoid anypony getting seriously injured he was going to have to get to Lucky.

Strife rolled her eyes at Radiant ''Radiant that ''empty threat'' might've just gotten the foal back into his cell without violence, did they not teach you that you sometimes NEED to adapt, it was an empty threat I wouldn't have forced him, no matter what you may think of me I'm just doing my duty, maybe a bit different then you, but still I am very aware of what I can and cant, and as a royal Lunar guardsmare, my can's are a bit more numerous then yours'' Strife sighed and turned to Eagle ''what about the word ''NO" do you not understand?'' she then turned to Lucky '' look dont make me look like the bad mare here, I believe that you were falsely accused, but without solid evidence, my hooves are tied, so either step back into your cell now, or face a long trail'' she decided that maybe a neutral approach would help calm this pony down, but she still couldn't believe what Radiant was doing, didn't she want to end this madness?, or was she just like some fresh recruit barely out of training that follow the guide to the letter, no pony did that, they were guidelines anyway.

Radiant sighed. Did Strife think this was something personal? She didn't have anything against her personally. She respected her and admired her as a comrade on roughly her same level. She just sometimes questioned the need for something like the Lunar Guard itself some times.

"I understand what you're trying to accomplish, it merely strikes me as the wrong way to proceed given the situation," Radiant started, looking at her fellow guardsmare. "For one thing, it's an obvious bluff on your part, especially given the stallion there seems knowledgeable enough in law to even be familiar with procedural code for this prison..." she said, pointing toward Eagle. This particular stallion struck her as the most dangerous. There was something about how he watched them all. Radiant could just tell he was trying to form some kind of case against them with every new line spoken. He could prove problematic if they didn't tread carefully.

"As for you that code," she said, moving toward the stallion in question. "Yes, we're permitted to unlock the cells and move prisoners in case of real emergency, but I'm still not convinced this qualifies."

Timid was tiring of this standoff between the guards and Eagle and Lucky. He was bored, a long way from home and illegally imprisoned. He was miserable, his face filled with disappointment and longing for the outside. "Please... My day has been bad enough, can't you reach a suitable compromise or agreement? Uh (sniff), I'm a really long way from home (sob). I come from the Islands. My parents are still living there! They can't come visit me here...", he said to them, mouth quivering and his eyed huge saucers filled with tears.

Eagle heard what the guards said "for the last time you don't know Lucky like i do!" he said "this is not the first time one or more of my brothers have been falsely accused.." remembering a story "he had taken on five guards he out-witted them and out-matched them. he did it just to get Wine out." he said pointing to his brother "It was not even that big of a charge." he said looking tired "and do you know what he did after he got Wine out he just got in the cell and sat down because and i quote."

"I committed a crime to do it and i got caught doing it i deserved to be in there." Lucky said reciting from memory. Eagle nodded and added

" there only 2 authority Figures he will listen to me.. and mom. Celestia rest her soul." Eagle said putting his head down

Meanwhile Show&Tell was doing something Suspicious ..

''your attempts to itimidate us are pathetic, I am not afraid of this mentally in-stable pony, I know what I am capable of, and as a royal guard, I'm supposed to protect the princess, there's no getting past me.'' Strife blew her mane away from her eye ''but I'd love to see you try.''

she gave eagle an un-impressed look when he mentioned what his brother had done in the past ''then its time he started respecting the authority of the princess, or leave equestria and not come back.'' she stood up and gave him a cold stare ''for you are under their rule, not your own, we have rules here and you are to obey them, no questions asked. We, are part of those rules.'' she smirked ''so, feel free to try, your only giving me permission to use violence.'' she saw that they were trying something, so she held the whistle her captain gave her, and played around with it a bit, one blow on that whistle, and guards would come swarming here.

Radiant wasn't really sure what to say that Strife hadn't. She was entirely right. As far as she was concerned if a pony couldn't respect the authority of Princess Celestia, he belonged in this sort of place. The system imposed by the princess was fair. Knowingly defying it was the same as defying Her Majesty. Radiant couldn't stand for that.

At the same time they had reached a seeming standstill. They were probably clear to use force, but the tricky part in that was how much force they could get away with. Even if they used just enough, it was likely that these ponies gathered here would all take the side against them, which could make things difficult for them. Radiant was half tempted to pass it off to somepony else, but she didn't know who.

"What my comrade here says is right," Radiant said with a nod. "Bending to needless compromise only weakens the power of our laws. I insist you comply or we will indeed be forced to subdue you forcibly."

Eagle held his head in both his hooves. it was hopeless no one was going to comply to his request that's when he saw what Show had done.

Show&Tell had managed to open the cell door again with just his prowess with locks.

"Here Eagle go deal with Lucky so everpony can stop being loud i have a headache." his prowess with locks betrays his knowledge of breaking in to places

Eagle sigh wishing he did not have to commit the same offense as Lucky but he had no choice he walked out calmly as he did he saw the Lunar Guard with the whistle ready to blow he raised his hoof "Please just give me this one chance to stop him i promise you i will take full responsibility for our actions here today."