[Canterlot] Falsely Accused (open)

sevofthesands

Strife pointed her gaze at Eagle ''seems like we got two more that are here for a long time, actually, seems like you and all your brothers will be accused of disobeying a Lunar Guardsmare on duty, a dungeon Guard on duty, and the princesses themselves, yep. you'll sit for a long time'' she turned her gaze toward Radiant ''what do you think, should I let him, or should I simply call the rest of the guard?''

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timid just sighed, resigned to being stuck in prison before his life had a chance to begin. His stomach rumbled and he asked politely, "May I have something to eat? I haven't received any food all day.". The other guards had refused him water as well and he said, "Permission to have water, or am I being purposefully being neglected? This is not right...".

Radiant shook her head in disbelief.

"Two of you brothers have skill at breaking locks and we're to suspect you don't belong in this place?" she said, not even angry as much as just resigned. "With each moment of willful defiance I doubt your 'innocence' more and more."

Annoyed with the brothers, she turned to colt, his youthful whining actually an improvement. "You will be fed along with everypony else when the time arrises. This prison is not so cruel as to deny its prisoners regular meals."

Eagle gulped and decided to tell them.

"My brothers are all conpony's. Wine the eldest is Charmer and tail chaser if you have enough money on ya he can find a way to charm it off ya through direct bits or expensive gifts." he said pointing to the his wine colored brother still in his cell. "Show is the salespony of the family but he also has Kleptomania so yeah." pointing to the one who opened the door. he waved jovially "and Lucky is a Gambler and a Cheat." he pointed to his fedora wearing brother who was the subject of trouble currently. "now you know our dark secrets but i swear they have not done anything yet,"

Strife gave him a glare ''what to do with you, what to do, you see, you just gave me a larger reason to keep you here then let you go, you've dissobeyed our direct orders and with that those of the princesses, now you come, telling me about what kind of troublesome ponies you are, and yet you expect me to let you run free in Canterlot, the city I've sworn to protect?'' she shook her head in disbelief as she continued looking at Eagle hoping for a legitimate answer this time around, all the while giving Radiant an uncertain look.

(sorry for the late reply all, I kinda forgot I was up :( )

Show looked offended

"HEY you don't know how hard my bro works to keep us out of prison. he has worked hard to try to reform us. and we are not the easiest brothers to deal with! so do not try to over turn his efforts, cause he don't deserve it even if we do!" he screamed out obviously feeling strongly about his brother

Timid couldnt believe his eyes! Another brother left the cell! "What are you doing? I'm confused, why are they leaving their cells? Is it time to go out into the yard?", he asked Radiant respectfully with his injured face cocked to one side inquisitively.

Radiant gave a grunt to the colt's question. "No what they're doing is flagrantly disrespecting us and by extension Princess Celestia herself!"

"So between the four of you, you have the skills of quite the con team?" Radiant started shrewdly. "And you expect me to believe there's nothing you should be locked up in here for? That's a little hard for me to buy."

"Ponies who don't respect the law are bound to break it and break it again whenever they can. With what you've admitted, I don't see how you can expect me to trust you." Radiant said, indignant.

Strife nodded violently at Radiants words ''you're giving us all the more reason to keep you behind bars, your not proving your innocence in anyway, get back in there like a good citizen that obey's the law and I might still forget this has ever happened.'' Strife spoke firmly and demanding, she was no longer in the mood to deal with this little uprising any longer, so she walked toward the guards cabin and picked up a book that held information on all the prisoners, looking up the word Colt, it was easy to find Timed since he was the only colt imprisoned. Reading the words, Strife couldn't help but frown angered, it said that the colt had been arrested for resisting arrest and disobeying orders, they made it seem like Canterlot was some sort of military ruled place it even said he tried assaulting them!. She picked the key of the desk and unlocked Timid's cell ''your free to go, sorry for the distraction, the brothers here kept us pre-occupied.''

At the guards words Show slammed against no obviously angered by their words.

"HEY YOU TAKE THAT BACK my brother is No criminal!" speaking of Eagle not the other 2

Eagle was fed up he went up to Lucky who had circled the room to put himself between the guards and Smacked him over the head

"Your Behavior has been atrocious today. Now Get in the cell." Lucky gave him a hurt look.

"But."

"GET IN YOUR CELL." Lucky clammed up and walked back in the cell obviously showing who had pull in the family. now everything could calm down.

Timid was aghast, they had the gall to defy the Princess and her guards?! But he didn't have a chance to express his support of the guardsmare's words and position as Strife approached his cell with a key. She unlocked the cell and told him he was free to go. He asked nervously, "Are you sure? This isn't a trap, right?". In the back of his mind he was already taking the steps out and relishing his freedom but it was like he was glued to the floor, unable to move.

''dont be silly, the file on you was utter nonsense, your free to go'' Strife pushed him out of the cell gently ''off you go, need me to walk you out?'' the strict and firm Strife was all gone for a moment, she was but to happy to see this Colt go, it broke her heart seeing someone who wasn't guilty of a crime imprisoned, what made it worse is that the poor thing was so young. She completely ignored Eagle and his band for a few moments, still glad that they saw sense and finally retreated into their cell.

Radiant was surprised to see Strife release the colt after checking the file. She didn't think the colt was guilty, but she hadn't been expecting it to be so easy.

"Is there a file on these brothers too maybe?" Radiant asked, looking over at Strife. "i'm actually kind of curious what the accusations are here."

"Even if I must say from what I've seen so far that I doubt they're very innocent," she added with a shake of her head.

Eagle sat next to the wall tired from all the drama where he soon fell asleep. Lucky was silent and Show was pouting Wine took this chance to try to repair relations with the guards.

"i think maybe we should try again... lets start over with introductions. my name is Wine&Dine, this is Eagle Eye , Lucky Chance , and Show&tell. ask me anything about us and i shall tell you."

Strife gave Radiant a quick nod ''must be, your always supposed to enter a file or record on the people you put behind bars, why's and who's and how's'' she started looking through the book, the brothers proved harder to find then the colt, because there where quite alot of files in here already. Strife motioned to a book ''care to help, Radiant?'' she said, smiling, hoping that all this would finally be over, she decided to ignore the brother for now, not in the mood of talking to any of them, they had after all severely disappointed her and the princess she represents.

Timid felt himself being pushed out of his cell and turned his head to see that it was Strife pushing him outside of the cell! His eyes widened as it hit him like an anvil being dropped by Derpy as Strife told him to not be silly and that the file on him was complete nonsense. "So I can really go?", he managed to squeak out, with a look of absolute joy as he turned around and saw a softer side of Strife, as she asked him fi he needed here to walk him out. He was surprised by the offer and her changed demeanor but managed to answer, "Yes, please, if it isn't against regulations."

"Sure," Radiant said with a shrug to the other guard. "I'll look for it while you deal with that kid..." she said, motioning toward Timid.

Radiant began searching through the books for their file. It seemed to elude her, both because the books were overstuffed and because the files weren't where they would logically be.

She looked back toward the brothers and nodded. "That should help," she said. Knowing all their names would definitely make this easier. At least hopefully. She still wasn't entirely sure how things were organized. "And I am Radiant Steel, private in the REA Garrison Force. This isn't my typical post; if I'm terse it's because I want nothing more than to perform to follow procedure as closely as I can," she said deciding to relent and come down a little. "Please be patient while we try and sort all of this out..." she said as she continued her search.

• 2 weeks later...

Wine nodded in understanding.

"good glad to help now as it was said before we all have our little quirks. Lucky is a gambler who has such a good knowledge of the system and probability that he can cheat really easily, i can charm most out of their money or out on a date depending on the pony, Show is a salespony and Klepto so he snatches stuff and then sells it, Eagle on the other hand is currently studying to get into law school, but he also has to deal with us so don't judge him on his snapish actions he just can get really stressed."

Strife smiled at Timid ''dont worry, its not, follow me'' Strife started leading Timid down long hallways, it was quite the dungeon, but then again, it was a good thing it was quite empty as well, she turned her head to face Timid while walking ''I'm sorry you had to see that, I mean my behaviour, it wasn't exactly appropriate, but ponies breaking out off their cells and then claiming to be innocent brings up the worst in me.''