Doldrums [Final]

Latte

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria/Mane

Name: Doldrums 'Dolly'

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Light green.

Coat Color: Purple

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Both her mane and tail are long and wavy. A kind of reddish color.

Physique: Tall, slightly underweight.

Cutie Mark: None.

Origin/Residence: Gallopocus Islands

Motivation: Don't you ever wake up, thinking "Wow! Today, I'm going to do good things?" Well, I can't say that I necessarily do, though the thought sounds great! I mean, come on, waking up, taking in the fresh air-- Then finding some poor pony to steal from. Just imagine the treasures they might carry with them, the things you'd find..

Dislikes: Snitching/snitches, other thieves, pie, time and watches.

Character Summary: Huh, a background check? You're pulling on my leg! .. Not literally, but you know what I mean. I'm not going to tell you a lot about me, though I'll tell you a bit. If it can satisfy you and keep you from bothering me much, I guess I can do fine. Though once I'm done, just don't tell anyone-- Okay?

As a young filly, I spent my time in school.. You know, listening to the teacher ramble on, blah blah blah. I tried my best to listen, though I think I didn't manage to do much of that. I kept my mannerisms at an okay degree, I guess, and did most of my work. I talked a lot, actually, and got into a bit of trouble.

My ma treated me well enough, I guess. With the amount of dinner she made back then, it was unmistakable we had a huge family. I was the youngest of the bunch. Most ponies think that ma's and pa's treat the youngest better than the more older siblings, though, it was never that much for me. I was just another silly filly to my ma and pa, you know?

My mom was a baker for a place called, "Pie Down". It's not the coolest name, I know. Ma was the owner of the place, too. She was a hard working mare, I can tell you that. She came home late at times, with the bake shop staying open till midnight. She was always tired, and well-- Grouchy. In the morning, though, she was nice enough.

My pa was a stern daddy. Unlike my ma, he wasn't ever grouchy. Actually, he was very optimistic! He spent his time making clocks and watches, anything that told time. Pa worked at home in his study, and he never left the house only if it was necessary. My pa was loved all of us, especially my ma..

I guess I messed up along life during my foal years. Like I said before, I tried my best to listen to the teacher, though I got into trouble a lot. Education wasn't something that mattered much to me. I'd disregarded it, and always got scolded for doing so. I wasn't one to really like learning. Not many foals were, I can tell you that.. Unless they were a teacher's pet.. In my younger filly years, I tried to do better. I didn't do a great job, though I did alright.

Huh, well.. I'unno how to really describe my personality! I'm not overly optimistic like my pa, or slightly pessimistic like ma. I'm just mellow, cool me. I go with the flow, not against it. I'm not an entirely secretive pony, though I guess I can keep most secrets. Honesty and fibbing go half and half in me, I guess. My tales, though, are made to keep my flank off the streets.

I'm not really that serious. I can act like a comedian from time to time. Though, I just choose to do my job and try not to talk to those that bother me much!

Other: I never stopped my magic teachings. As long as I can remember, I've always practiced. I can't say I'm the "best-unicorn-in-the-world-cuz-I-do-awesome-magic", but I'm good at it! Most of the time.. A bit of the time my spells go awry and do the exact opposite of what they were supposed to do, though it's hardly anything bad. I tried turning my badger pink, though it stayed it's normal color! That's good, right? (I swear, though, I think his nose turned pink..)

Ooh, I have a pet badger named Mercutio! Pretty fancy name, right? I call him Mer for short, though, or maybe Mercury. He tends to like being called "Mercoolio" though. I don't understand why, really. Adding "cool" in his name isn't very cool, or awesome. It's alright at the least, though. We have this cool way of communicating. It's something only between us. You know, no one understands him! I mean, he says something, and everyone thinks he's playing around! Only I understand him. No one else.

(Ooh, right.. My friends call me Dolly at times! Don't ever call me that-- Ever!)

Okay, I'm done.. Now, don't you tell anyone what I've said!

((Note: About Doldrums saying only she understands Mercutio, there's no telepathy link going on or anything. Like a child, she often puts words in his mouth and just guesses what he means.))

post-3304-0-81065000-1335127552_thumb.pn

Hi, just a minor nitpick I've got. I'd like there to be some clarification on whether her badger can actually linguistically understand her like a familiar or if she is merely embellishing as children are apt to do. I'm presuming it's the latter, but I'm just making sure we're on the same page! Other than that, looks good!

AppApproved.png