Royal Duties

OccupyEquestria

I wonder if Twilight is from a family line of extraordinary unicorn magicians or something. Maybe she's related to Starswirl the Bearded?

I thought of that as well. I'd really love to see an flashback episode and see the mighty unicorn wizard himself, taking names and kicking flank!

I wonder if Twilight is from a family line of extraordinary unicorn magicians or something. Maybe she's related to Starswirl the Bearded?

There's a common theory that Twilight is descended from Clover the Clever. A connection with Starswirl the Bearded would also be hardly surprising.

I've come to suspect that Twilight's family is actually a military family, though, so Shining Armor is the one carrying on the family tradition whereas Twilight is the unusually bookish one.

I kinda don't favor the idea that Celestia kept tabs on Twilight from birth. My roomie suggested that Cadance could be like Cupid in a sense or liek a couple's councilor or something. I thought it was more special when Twilight was a nopony who ended up being extraordinary. She only had raw talent and lucky was discovered to help her master such power. She turns her parents into potted plants! I'm surprised they didn't say anything once restored.

Technically Twilight is royalty now because of her bro marrying a princess in either case.

As for her being descended from somepony like Starswirl... I would say no if her family has had no pervious social standing and Starswirl's frequent mentioning is merely a fun in-joke. However, the idea is interesting since Starswirl has been around before Hearth's Warming Eve which was like milennia ago so no telling.

Really all theories are possibilities since because of Blueblood there is the idea that not all royalty are alicorns.

I think there is more evidence that Twilight comes from an upper circle of society. Even before we found out she was babysat by a princess we know she lived in Canterlot, where unicorns seem to be aristocratic, she got a chance to go to the sun raising ceremony, her parents had connections to get her an entrance exam at an exclusive school, and her brother is an important part of the military at a somewhat young age- possibly he had connections.

None of it is really concrete but there isn't any evidence she comes from an average family either.