Inquisitive Mind

Name: Inquisitive Mind

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Grey

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Alternating bands of Black and Mahogany in an un-kept, spiky mane and tail

Eye Color: Amber.

Cutie Mark: A Solved Rubik's Cube

Physique: Rather small and frail.

Residence: Born in Canterlot but spends most of his time in the Saddleveil Plains near the border with the Neighples Marsh.

Occupation: Historian in a team that travels in the Saddleveil Plains in order to gather scientific information about them.

Motivation: Thinking, using his head to solve problems as well as puzzles.

Dislikes: Maths, Fruits

Character Summary: Mind grew as a rather quiet unicorn throughout his school years. He spent most of his time reading instead of socializing with other ponies in Canterlot. He got his cutie mark after he first solved his puzzle cube his grandfather gave to him. He realized he liked to use his mind to solve problems, as well as reading about Pony History. He became a historian and flew to the Saddleveil Plains to become part of a research team that gathered information about the area.

Mind loves living there, even though the team lives in frugal conditions far from civilization, since the quiet, lonely plains sharply contrast with the pomp uptightness of the capital city. As part of the research team, he takes care of all historical research. He spends most of his free time solving puzzles and reading, occasionally visiting Fillydelphia on breaks.

You refer to gathering research of 'them' but who is 'them'? Are you referring to the Saddleveil Plains and the Neighples Marsh? I love his markings, I keep expecting him to sport a really awesome goatee. I'm not sure 'Mind Explosion' works quite well as a pony name, though. Mind is okay, but the Explosion part doesn't seem to quite fit with the character. Considering his type of character, maybe Mind Mapper, or perhaps Inquisitive Mind (Goes perhaps by Inky for short?)

who is 'them'? Are you referring to the Saddleveil Plains and the Neighples Marsh?

Saddleveil Plains.

I love his markings, I keep expecting him to sport a really awesome goatee.

It's GIMP time! :D

I'm not sure 'Mind Explosion' works quite well as a pony name, though. Mind is okay, but the Explosion part doesn't seem to quite fit with the character. Considering his type of character, maybe Mind Mapper, or perhaps Inquisitive Mind (Goes perhaps by Inky for short?)

I like it!

"Researcher" is a little vague. Is he a historian, archaeologist, geologist, surveyor, astronomer, etc etc? There's plenty of ways to narrow down what he does and expand the character in doing so.

Your mention of him enjoying frugal conditions reminds me of the stories my grandfather told me. He worked on petroleum exploration teams in west texas and had some great yarns about working out in the boonies.

who is 'them'? Are you referring to the Saddleveil Plains and the Neighples Marsh?

Saddleveil Plains.

I love his markings, I keep expecting him to sport a really awesome goatee.

It's GIMP time! ^_^

I'm not sure 'Mind Explosion' works quite well as a pony name, though. Mind is okay, but the Explosion part doesn't seem to quite fit with the character. Considering his type of character, maybe Mind Mapper, or perhaps Inquisitive Mind (Goes perhaps by Inky for short?)

I like it!

If you'd like to change the name, just edit the post and make any changes to it, and I'll peek at it, I just don't want to approve it just yet until you say it's final. :)